« Home | The best laid plans » | Weigh in - 06 » | Back from Play Date » | Play Date » | Just doing it » | Have you ever » | Memories of the 80's » | Beautiful Day » | Weigh in - 05 » | The little pleasures »

Spinning Around

I am of the parenting species and this means that nights out that involve me, involve a lot of planning. 3 months prior to event I have secured tickets or venue, two months out I have ensured enough responsible carers are on hand to take care of children, one month out I reconfirm everything, one week out and I get excited that I might actually be going out and having a fantastic time. Then it all comes crashing around in a screaming heap. 3 days before the event. 3 days before I was to immerse myself in an evening of entertainment, surrounded by thousands of like minded souls. Yes. The Kylie concert. The cancelled Kylie concert.

I know I should be grateful. I have 2 beautiful children. I have my health. I have a husband who doesn't want to shag Angelina Jolie, well he does, but he doesn't have the opportunity so I am not that worried, and it is only a concert. And, according to the booking office, I am recommended to hold onto my ticket as discussions are taking place and perhaps the concert is only postponed and not entirely cancelled. Perhaps Kylie has done me a favour. Perhaps this extra delay will mean that I can buy a smaller pair of jeans for the concert (when it is scheduled). Perhaps not only will I fit into the seat, but I will fit into it comfortably with room to put my bag full of gear I don't really need but will probably end up buying anyway.

So, to Kylie, I wish you all the best for a full recovery, come back fighting fit, and thank you for allowing me some extra time to whittle my butt down even more - who knows I just may have to get myself a pair of gold hotpants ;)


As a codicil to this post. I know that Breast Cancer is a serious illness and is not a disease to be made fun of or joked about. This however does not lessen my own personal disappointment at not going out this Friday.

I did get a shock to hear about Kylie.

You've got the baby sitters - why don't you and your husband go out somewhere for the night - it may not be Kylie but just some time for the pair of you - go for it!

I agree - go out anyway! Catch a movie, eat a restaurant (that offers helathy choices) so you can have a nice long chat, go for a moonlit walk or a boat ride on the harbour. Grab this time and relax. You deserve a reward for all your hard work!

The girl's above have said it! Still treat yourself hon because you deserve it :-) This post has made me think seriously about getting checked up again, now. I've always avoided breast checks and pap smears :-/ I better go do it in the next week!

Understand your disappointment. But as the girls above have said, take advantage of the organisation that you've done to have some free time.

So much to do in Syndey. Maybe there's another live concert or show on that you'd like to see instead.

When I read your post I was thinking the same as the others - go out anyway, I know its hard to get out with kids!
It is a shame about Kylie - but hopefully things will go well

Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions. I was initially going out with a girlfriend and DH was the babysitter (LOL) but now DH and I have arranged to go to a local restaurant about a half an hour walk from home (earn some points!) and my Mum will look after the boys. I am aiming to bank 2 points a day as dinner will be Indian, but I will do some research and pick healthy(er) choices..

it is great isn't it, that people band together and help others out.

glad you got a response and hope you have a fantastic night

have a great night with your man, always nice to have mum around to watch the kiddies for these nights out :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??