« Home | Whistle whilst you work. » | Things that make you go » | Weigh in - 02 » | To Blog or not to Blog » | Ordered! » | In the swim » | Photographs » | Share and share alike » | Shoe Delight » | April Showers »

Feel Good Look Good

In the last 4 years I have had two work uniforms. My normal uniform and my maternity uniform - which got two workouts. I am very lucky to work for a firm that provides uniforms and they are very lucky that I have so much pride I never ask for a new one because I don't want anyone to see what sized clothes I need to wear (it has saved them a fortune!) So since I returned from maternity leave in January I had been wearing trousers (slightly too tight) and shirts that were at best snug. And I only had a couple of each so washing became an optional extra. Then I happened to overhear a conversation a girl in my office was having about needing to order a new uniform. You see she used to be my size. When she did finally bite the bullet and order a uniform in the right size she was disgusted to find she needed a size 18 and instantly started her diet. She has now lost just over 20kgs (well done JC) and needless to say her uniform doesn't fit her anymore. Now we can't send our uniforms back once they are worn and the normal protocol is to throw them out, so I ran down to her desk and said "I'll have them". I'm a second child, I'm used to hand me downs and I am not so proud that I can't wear someone elses clothes - I mean it's not like they are undies (though I do need some of these too ;) ) JC said OK in an instant - seems she needs the wardrobe space - and the next day brought in the clothes. OMG. It was like christmas, skirts, shirts (12 of them!) and blazers. I have never had a blazer as my position does not warrent it, but now I have 3.. And I look good. And I feel good. And it shows. And if I only get 2 - 3 months wear out of them before I need to order my own so be it. Because I feel good and it shows.

LOL I remember how much I loved the uniforms at work but when I was pregnant I was going to need to wear my own clothes as I grew. A girl larger than me was leaving and I got all her clothes that fit while I was pregnant and I loved it but I ended up wearing that size a bit longer than I expected!

Hi Margaret - noticed on your links list that you've got "lots of popups" next to mine. My site used to have banners not popups, so Angelfire must have changed it at some point. Have fixed it back to banners now, so no more popups thank goodness!

Good news about the uniforms, even if as you say, you will only fit them for a few months!

Cheers
Janene

Hey :)

Thanks for your warm comment. You are doing a great job yourself...I'll be back for more!

I know how good you feel - well done ! This morning I found out that I could fit into my size 14 pants - you can imagine how pleased I was !
Take care and have a great week !

That is great about the uniforms!
Thankyou for your lovely comments on my journal
Take Care

hey! thanks for your cute comment at my 'everyday' blog... i enjoyed reading through your posts and look forward to following your journey!! :) i would like to link you in my weightloss blog if thats alright?

Hi

I can relate to the uniform story. Where I worked we were given new uniforms on a regular basis, which meant people ended with a variety but I was growing, growing away so in the end only had 1 I could wear which had to be washed out nightly. It was the pits!! It does feel so good as you downsize to get into smalaller clothes and get variety back in the wardrobe. Good on you and best of luck

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??