« Home | Share and share alike » | Shoe Delight » | April Showers » | Weigh in - 01 » | No fail » | Lightening Strikes » | Virtual Model » | Knit 1 Purl 1 » | My Journey Begins » | The food court »

Photographs

For a long time I did not want my photo taken. There are probably only a handful in the last few years. And that is sad. After speaking to a friend I realised that not having my photo taken was extremely selfish. As uncomfortable as it makes me, it is me. My children don't see me as "that fat woman" to them I am "mummy" and by not allowing myself to be photographed with them I am doing them a huge disservice. I keep saying "I'll have time later", "When I am skinny we'll take lots of photos", "They wouldn't want me in the photo's looking like this". BUT what happens if there is no later. God forbid - and touch wood, but that could happen, and has happened to people I know. What would be left for my children then? Does my 8 month old grow up thinking his Mummy didn't love him because she didn't want to be in photo's with me? Does my 3 year old wonder why it is only Daddy in the photo's? What does my husband have to show my children when they ask about their mother? Terribly terribly sad. Now I am not planning on going anywhere and recently I started getting more involved in photo's. It is one of these photos which perhaps gave me the real kick in the tail that I needed. You see, when you don't take photos you are left with a very unrealistic look at what you look like.
My husband took a photo of me on the couch recently with my two boys. We were all cuddled up and looking very happy and very much a family, but it was the dimensions of me v's the couch that just shocked me. And, to make it worse I remembered the outfit I was wearing - when I wore it to work that day I actually thought I had looked good! Remembering that photo now strengthens my resolve to keep on the correct path in my journey because I never, never, NEVER want to look like that again.
So take photo's, be at peace with yourself, and if later you are skinny and wonderful, just hide the photos you had taken previously and replace them with the new ones. At least your partner, your parents, your family will always have memories of you. Keep smiling.

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??