« Home | No fail » | Lightening Strikes » | Virtual Model » | Knit 1 Purl 1 » | My Journey Begins » | The food court » | I am ready » | How it all began »

Weigh in - 01

Hello and welcome back. The first weekend has passed and official weigh in this morning showed a loss of 2.4kgs on the scales. I am very happy with that result. The eating over the weekend was more difficult that I thought. Not because I did not understand my choices but because my dear husband (DH) would be helpful and make me an omelette in the morning (3 eggs!!!) and went shopping and bought me a Turkish Delight! I said no thank you and it is still in the pantry. As this is my favourite choc bar I thought it was a big step for me to say no. I have said to DH that I will have it next weekend as a treat. It is not really DH's fault as I have not told him I am following the WW points plan. I just wanted to do it by myself - for myself - for a little while and then I will tell him. It is funny with the weight that I lost that my first reward is that I am able to have 1 point less food per day! But that is OK as I am not finding it that difficult and I have been having 2 - 3 points every day in cough lollies and as my cough is subsiding I won't need to have these anymore.
One of the things that is really bringing home how it is so easy to overeat in terms of calories and points is how much certain food is worth. For example DH is following a gluten free / dairy free diet on orders from his doctor and we have found a range of foods "Freedom Foods" which fit this plan. One of the biscuits we now buy is worth 3 points! One biscuit..... And for dinner tonight I know we will be having organic sausages and I have worked out the points using the calculator and it will be 5.5 points per sausage. WOW. I will be having only one and lots of salad and veg. Normally I would eat two and perhaps later in the evening I would have a half. That would be 14 points. I think I am finally getting the whole balance thing, and it has only been a week. Another thing I noticed on the weekend is that I don't drink as much water as I do at work. At work I have a one litre bottle on my desk and I fill that up twice during each day. More if I walk at lunch - which I am starting today :) So if I drink more water next weekend I think the weight loss should remain consistent. See you then.

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??