« Home | Knit 1 Purl 1 » | My Journey Begins » | The food court » | I am ready » | How it all began »

Lightening Strikes

My plan is only to make one entry per day in this first week, then one entry per week thereafter the morning after weight in. That way I will keep myself on track but not bore myself with repetitive information. However when something grabs my attention, that I feel note worthy, I am going to make an exception and type away. One of the things I have found in the past, when reading about the success of other "weight watchers" is that whilst I would really commend the person and be amazed at what they had done, it didn't really mean that much to me unless I could in someway relate to the person. For example, they were the same height as me, the same starting weight, the same goal weight, had a similar story in relation to children etc. So imagine my surprise and absolute shock when I found someone who was almost identical!!. I was reading the WW site and came across the success story of Marijke Hezemans. not only is she the same height - 175cm, very close starting weight 95.3 (only 200gms off) and a very similar goal weight, she is also Dutch and has a similar passion for Dutch licorice. The fact that she achieved her fantastic goal in 33 weeks is mindblowing. I am not going to measure my success on the time frame that Marijke did, but the fact that she achieved it at all has filled me with so much promise and anticipation that IT CAN BE DONE! I know I have taken the first steps but it is really heartening to read that someone who was "me" has achieved their goals.. Go me... :)

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??