« Home | Lightening Strikes » | Virtual Model » | Knit 1 Purl 1 » | My Journey Begins » | The food court » | I am ready » | How it all began »

No fail

Yesterday was day 3 and last night was really difficult for me. I changed my evening plans at the last minute and took the opportunity to go grocery shopping by myself (with 2 little boys shopping by myself is a huge pleasure). Unfortunately I did not eat first so was really hungry when shopping. Again it is one of those things that has made me realise how much I was eating. Normally I would not have been concerned to put in a chocolate milk, because I was thirsty, a packet of crisps, because I wanted something savoury, and perhaps a chocolate bar, a turkish delight because you know they are 25% lower in fat than most other chocolates!! Well hello, not having chocolate is 100% lower in fat than all other chocolate. I managed to complete my shopping without adding one 'extra' thing in the trolley. I am quite excited actually about the food I have bought to put in the fridge at work. By starting to create my "no fail" environment I will have a much better chance of not falling into my old habits. So I have yoghurt, 3 different types of salad dressings, cream cheese, ham slices, chicken slices, apples, bananas, hummos, carrot sticks. All I will have to get each day is a bag of salad. That way I will be getting it fresh and just adding my protein to it. In my filing cabinet I have cereal (fruit & fibre), ww fruit bars, choc chip cookies and cruskits.
I am not comparing weight day to day but always comparing to my start weight. For example if I weighed more today than yesterday but still less than my SW then I am not so worried. I know that weight fluctuates during a week. But I am very happy to say that the scale is showing a reduction and I feel it will be maintained until weigh in as I am eating so much better than before.

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??