« Home | Knit 1 Purl 1 » | My Journey Begins » | The food court » | I am ready » | How it all began »

Virtual Model

Walked a bit slower at lunch today as Mel came with me and our aim was to shop! Still it beats sitting behind my desk all day. Had some fun on the PC with www. myvirtualmodel.com. When I opened the site I remembered that I had been there years earlier. My login and password still worked!! It was a bit of a shock to see the model I had created for whilst it did look like me I needed to add another 5kgs to make it reflect my real weight. I copied the BEFORE (current weight) pictures of me at every angle and pasted them into a powerpoint slide. Then I changed the model to reflect my goal weight and copied those pictures - the AFTER ones - and pasted them alongside the larger ones. It was a bit of a shock to see what I looked like in this representation, but really great to see what could be achieved. Now if they only allowed you to choose between smooth skin and cottage cheese ;)
I updated my spreadsheets today to reflect that Monday morning will be official weight day. I think that this will be a very good day physcologically as , in the beginning, it will scare me into staying on track on the weekends. I am realistic enough to know that I need to keep up the motivation and fear factor initially until the habits are formed and I can begin to see this as just a "way of life". It's funny, but I am starting off with quite modest goals this time so that I am more likely to hit them and continue my plan. My first real goal for the week is to stick to 23 points a day. Nothing else. but even though this was it, I am already finding that I am trying to add more 'incidental' exercise into a day. My goal for next week will be to incorporate 3 sessions of an aerobic exercise. I think this will be fairly easy as there are people at work who walk every day in the park and have already invited me to join them. I might just do that!

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??