« Home | April Showers » | Weigh in - 01 » | No fail » | Lightening Strikes » | Virtual Model » | Knit 1 Purl 1 » | My Journey Begins » | The food court » | I am ready » | How it all began »

Shoe Delight

Last night I ate the Turkish Delight. Well 3/4 of it anyway. Now before you start in with "you said.." I want to explain why. The house that myself and my family live in, we rent. And recently the owners put the house on the market. I can't begin to explain how much pressure that put me under, constantly having to have the house in a presentation stay - with 2 young children and working full time. Anyway last night the house sold and the new owners are currently living overseas. They are very happy for us to sign a new lease for 12 - 18 months which is when they plan to return to Australia. Well, that was cause for celebration. I looked up Turkish Delight and it is worth 4 points. My DH had 1/4 and I had the rest which was 3 points and within my 22 for the day. Now we have 12 months to be at a stage ready to purchase our own home - which is what we had planned anyway. It all worked out really well. I am feeling good today and ready to tackle another 22 point day. I may go shoe shopping in a sale at lunch today so that should be worth about 100 points I think! :)

Yum! Turkish delight.

If you buy the non-chocolate coated turkish delight bars (the ones with icing sugar instead), they are only two points each from memory. And they are so very sweet that they definitely knock out that sweet craving! There are also different flavours. You can find them in most supermarkets and conenience stores.

I'm just telling you this because I tried real turkish delight for the first time about 2 months ago and it was delish!

Thanks Kate. I have always been a little scared of the icing sugar ones, but maybe I should give them a try - just once :) Thanks for your response.
Have a good day

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??