« Home | Photographs » | Share and share alike » | Shoe Delight » | April Showers » | Weigh in - 01 » | No fail » | Lightening Strikes » | Virtual Model » | Knit 1 Purl 1 » | My Journey Begins »

In the swim

It's the beginning of Autumn, the weather is getting cooler and in two weeks my baby starts swimming lessons. Well water confidence lessons anyway - he is only 8 months old :) That started me thinking about the fact that I am going to have to get in the water and have the lesson with him. My DH will be taking our other son to his lesson in the big pool so there is no way around it - I will have to put on a bathing suit. When I first thought about that yesterday my initial feeling was of fear, shame, and even panic. "How can I get out of it", "Can I get DH to get in the water instead", "Can I wear my jeans in the water?" Then I took a deep breath, counted to ten and wondered if anyone in the WW forums had had a similar scenario and what did they do about it. I did not find exactly what I was looking for, but I found something better. A link to a website in WA which makes swimsuits for ladies of all shapes and sizes. (The site is www.vivaswim.com if you are interested.) I entered the site with a bit of trepidation, hoping but not hoping to find bathers to fit (if you know what I mean). I am very impressed by not only what they had on offer, but by the testimonials that have been left on the site.
After working out what my size was according to their charts - another shock in store for me there - I picked out what I was going to order. Then I was led astray by my thoughts - don't order it as I was going to be smaller soon and won't be able to fit in them soon - wait till you are ready to buy a smaller pair. This is dangerous territory as it pre-supposes that I put my life on hold until I attain something that I have not yet got. When will I learn that I need to live today for today whilst all the while walking my path to the future. I know that I am large - now - and I know that I will be smaller - later - but I can't fit into a smaller bathing suit now and I never will unless I buy a bigger one now and get into the water. There - that felt good saying it. When I finish blogging I am going to measure myself properly and order a bathing suit that will fit me now, make me confident enough to get in the water now, and perhaps even join a class NOW. Then when I am smaller, when I need another bathing suit - I will get one. Simple. :)

It's fat_tulip! (judes)

I LOVE viva swimwear! I was doing alot of swimming and aqua classes at the start of last year and their swimmers are fantastic.. long lasting!

YOu have got a fantastic attitude about this! YAY!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??