« Home | Weigh in - 02 » | To Blog or not to Blog » | Ordered! » | In the swim » | Photographs » | Share and share alike » | Shoe Delight » | April Showers » | Weigh in - 01 » | No fail »

Things that make you go

I think I am a good Mum. I rarely raise my voice (unless it is near the end of the day, I have eaten all my points, and no I don't want to watch the Incredibles for the third time thank you!), I don't have to threaten much (much if you don't count meal times every day - sit at your chair and eat or I will count to three and we will have no TV for a week 1..2...) and I don't use bribery EVERY day (If you sleep in your own bed all week and do all your poos in the toilet for a week you will get a little surprise on the weekend) and I am ever so patient when it comes to going out for a family excersion (if you are not in the car with BOTH shoes on in 5 seconds....) You get the picture. Well, inspite of all my best intentions my boys have turned out, and are turning out well. We forget that little ears take everything in that we say, and even though they can be concentrating on a puzzle, engrossed in their favourite film (the Incredibles at the moment) or playing make believe with their toys they hear everything we say - and remember it too! I was having a discussion with DH about something - not sure what anymore - but it had something to do with me saying I "could not do something". It was something that I was getting a little upset about and I can remember feeling like I just wanted to lash out and eat (a former habit of mine that I am currently succeeding in breaking) when all of a sudden I felt a little hand on my knee and a beautiful voice saying "Mummy, we can do anything - what can happen - we are Supers". Yes, we are all supers......

Ain't kids cute, mine come up with some great stuff sometimes!

LOL What a gorgeous entry...I love it =)

Margaret

Love reading your blog. Found it via your comments on 'a girl running' blog.

Am going to add you to my list of favourite reads.

Keep up the great work. And yey you for losing 1.5kg already.

*Squeal* That is so cute!

I'm not kiddy -friendly at all.. but little comments like that make me feel all warm and fuzzy!

www.livejournal.com/~fat_tulip

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??