« Home | Things that make you go » | Weigh in - 02 » | To Blog or not to Blog » | Ordered! » | In the swim » | Photographs » | Share and share alike » | Shoe Delight » | April Showers » | Weigh in - 01 »

Whistle whilst you work.

Losing weight for me this time is not so much about the goal - though that is an integral part of the direction I am heading in (and woe the scale if it should go in the wrong direction), but it is about the journey. Past weight loss attempts, some successful and some not, were all attacked at a frenetic pace and all sorts of short cuts taken to achieve the end result. The problem was they never addressed the bigger issue of ME. The last two weeks have probably been the happiest I have been in months perhaps even years. I mean, I am a very positive person, love to have a laugh, and generally never ever in a bad mood but over the past few months I found myself getting into some rather dark patches. I believe now it had a lot to do with the weight I was and in large part due to a loss of self. The decisions I have made about me and my body over the last two weeks have given me such a tremendous lift and feeling of power. It is a feeling I am loathe to give up and it is this part of the journey that convinces me that I will stay on till the end and beyond... There is one side effect however to my new found continuous happiness. Apparently I am too happy in the mornings and it is driving everyone at work mad! My boss even asked me to go for a little walk yesterday as he could not get his head around my humming, whistleing and singing (if you heard me singing you would understand). Oh well, so is my world at the moment. Now, how does the tune to "Tiptoe in the Tulips" go...

Wow - I love your positive and happy attitude. I think successful weight loss comes when you get your head around it right and you obviously have that side of things under control

OMG I would love it if my boss would let me go for a walk he he he he maybe I should try whistling he he he he.

Hi there, just found your note.....you can only get them from meetings or buy them from the WW website =( probably just as well for me as the temptation isn't as great but if you want to try them I would suggest popping into a meeting and buying some. you have to buy them in bulk from the website I think...that would only spell trouble for me but you sound more "with it" =)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??