« Home | Job Vacancy » | Weigh Day - 10th July » | Weigh Day - 3rd July » | A Day at the Races » | When too much pink is never enough » | Swish swish » | Weigh Day - 26th June 2006 » | Weigh Day » | 30,026 » | My Walk - My Sydney »

Weigh Day - 17th July

Friday
I love it when:

The air is so cold that when you walk in the morning you get ruddy red cheeks and your eyes sting but you feel so alive.

I go shopping at lunch and try on a gorgeous skirt in a size 12 and I love it, but it is too big, so I put it back.

I decide to buy sexy lingerie instead of a skirt and get some great Elle Macpherson Intimates - red & white (goes with all my red stuff!)

The house is tidy and smells of roses and I can walk all the way from the front door to the back door without tripping over one toy.

I can say I have finally signed off on 9 years of tax, 3 years of Child Care Benefit, and officially enrolled Darcy in school - whooo hoooo.


Saturday
I love it when:

We go shopping as a family and the whole day is fun and we all come home with balloons.

I show Mark the skirt I wanted to buy in a different store, and they have a size 10 available to try on. And it FITS. (And so what if I had to wait 15 minutes for someone appropriate to come and strip the mannequin of the skirt. I wanted it and I wasn't taking no for an answer LOL)

I drop the boys off at a friends for babysitting (so I can wear my new clobber out) and they wave bye bye and don't cry or make a fuss.

I receive compliments from people and they are genuine - and yes I thought I looked hot too ;-)


Sunday
I love it when:

I get home after a great night out with 3 sleeping boys and remember to wash off all my makeup before I hit the pillow.

The boys throw tantrums all day because they didn't get enough sleep the night before (well I don't love it but it is a great reminder that we are all together)

I have paper mache up to my elbows as I set about making a soccer ball piniata for Oscar's birthday. Crafty stuff is so much fun. And messy LOL.


Monday
I love it when:

I get on the scales for my weekly weigh in and I lose 200gms. Yaaaay. Now 76.6kgs and inching closer to that goal.

I look over the last 12 weeks as Paulenes 12 Week Challenge draws to a close and see that I have lost 2.2kgs. It may not be much but it is in the right direction and I am very happy with that.

I know that tonight I can sit in front of the p.c. and catch up on all my blogland buddies :D


*******

Event notification

We are doing a walk on Saturday morning (22nd July) meeting at Circular Quay at 8.00am. We are going to catch the 8:12am ferry to Neutral Bay and then proceed to walk to the Mosman wharf. Approximately 2 - 3 hours. Then catch the ferry back to Circular Quay. All are welcome.

******

Around the blogs

My heartfelt sympathies go out to Emily & Jonny today who lost their baby at 16 weeks over the weekend. It is so incredibly sad. *hugs*

If you are planning to go to the c2s dinner and have not yet notified Mary, please do so in the next couple of days so we can lock in our booking - cheers.

Shiny Ruby is looking for people to sign up for a 2 hour hula hooping lesson in the city. It should be a tonne of laughs so if you are in Sydney and want to give your hips a bit of a workout head on over to her blog and let her know of your interest.******

Happy Birthday Daddy *mwah*

What a lovely weekend you've had - except for the tantrums!
I've been a bit worried about you (you said you tend to disappear when things aren't going well), but you sound in a pretty good space to me!

Well done on another loss M! 2.2kgs during your challenge is great.
Glad you had such a nice weekend and congrats on the lovely new size 10 skirt.

What a great weekend :) And the hula hooping sounds fun - I've never managed to master it.

Hi M, hope I am not to late but have sent you an email about the dinner.

Sounds like you had yourself a terrific weekend!

Lovely post! I think it's wonderful how you always see the positive in everything, and find small things to be grateful for every day.

And size 12 too big?! Go you!!

What a great post of positives hun! Congrats on the size 10 - and the 200g loss WOOHOOO

Im arriving Saturday night so going to have to skip this walk :(

Well done on keeping the weight loss in the right direction AND a size ten! Wow! I hope this week goes well for you. :)

Yes, a lovely post, M. I might try my hand at my own version ... cue dramatic music.

Well done on another loss and what sounds like a great weekend!
Bri

I love this post!! So positive - and go you with the scales!

I love this post - like all of your posts. Sounds great, minus the tantrums, lol. My only saving grace is that although Natalia can scream, she doesn't know enough to pull tantrums yet!!

every step closer to goal is one more step you dont have to think about :) progress is progress, keep it up lady. Sounds like a great weekend, gotta love the family tantrums or not lol mmhhmmm

Hi M!

Thanks for your comment. Glad to hear things are going well with you!

Another great post!

Love,
Michelle

What a fabulous, happy post. I've been doing this in my head lately - focusing on the big happy things and not the small things that make me cranky.

And well done on the size 10 skirt. You must feel fabulous ;)
Els

I love it when... I can read sucha lovely posts that gives me a little high just by you sharing these thigns with us....

What a lovely Friday you had. Sounds like quite a few achievements met.

And good on you for another loss. It's all adding up - or should I say subtracting.

Have a fantastic week.

Hey M - well done on a successful week. Here's looking forward to another skinnee....8-)

Yay for your 200g! That's awesome. And reading about you needing to find a size TEN has inspired me. You're powering along. Also, I think I need to move to Sydney (never thought I'd say that!) - sounds like you guys do so many cool things down there. No one loves me up here... *sniff sniff*

Slow and steady - but winning that race. Glad you are on top of things and feeling well M. I've just caught up on your months worth of blogging - and inspirational read. You are tops! Hope to see you Sat.

Cath

I love it when: you write posts like these :-) The new EM range is out too, ooh la la, nice!

i like this post style too, very cool :) sounds like u are doing great, congrats on the loss & the sz 10!!! have a gorgeous wknd!

Congratulations on 12's being too big!!

Hope things are going well:)

w00t! Yay for 10. You really should think about writing a book Lady M!

I do hope you get better soon matey! x

So sorry you aren't well M. Take care of yourself! xx

Hun.. big hugs for not feeling well... I know what you mean.. I have been under the weather too.

Can't wait till you are back hun

Love CM
Take care of yourself hun.

Hey M...hope your feeling better soon. Take it easy (if you can).lb.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??