« Home | Weigh Day » | 30,026 » | My Walk - My Sydney » | Trackback » | Age by Chocolate » | The first of the babies » | Brrrrrrrr » | I've got shovels! » | Weigh in - Challenge W5 » | Sticky »

Weigh Day - 26th June 2006

I always knew that this journey would come with lessons. Things that I needed to learn. Things that I would get wrong along the way - and learn from them to make it easier the next day, the next week. And along the way I am learning that there are things that I don't like too much about myself. Little things like I procrastinate too much. I don't always do what I say. I break promises to myself too quickly - when I would never think to break a promise to someone else. That I still react to boredom, anger, & sadness by eating too much of the wrong types of food. And I don't necessarily like those lessons. However, I am also learning some pretty great things about myself. I don't give in and I won't give up. I can be counted on by other people. I can re-learn good habits. I am able to just get up and go when I know I need to. I don't hate my body any more.

I don't hate my body any more.

This is a really big one and one that I think shows that I am growing a healthy mind as well as a healthy body. I actually like my body. Sure there are bits that I don't love but all in all when I wear clothes that are right for my shape and age - I look GOOD. And now I know that I can rely on my body to break into a sprint when I want to make the bus - and it responds correctly. I know that if I wanted to go for a 2 hour walk - my body has the physical ability and stamina to do it. I know that it will do whatever I want now. And that is great. Unless my only motivation for sticking to the plan in the first place was that I hated my body. Which I did.

I think this is why it is harder for me to put 100% in all the time now. It doesn't mean it can't be done though I just have to find a new motivation that works as well for me.



Todays weigh in saw another small loss - another 100gms to take me to 77.2kgs (note not kms this time LOL) and I deserve a smack around the head for that. As a daily weigher I was enjoying watching the scales go down, down, down and by Wednesday morning it had registered a loss of over a kilo. So I rationalised that I could afford to have a Freddo frog. And then some snakes. And when cake was offered - well I was losing weight - why couldn't I have a slice. Because then you put it all back on you dolt!!

So what do I do about it? Exactly the same as last week. Plan, plan, plan. I have all the food I need at work and I have each nights meals organised. All I have to do is reheat and do very little preparation. The food is great tasting, healthy & all within points. I have included snacks and treats and so have no need to feel deprived. I will just keep going. I know that these lessons are important and need to be learned, but dammit I am ready to graduate. NOW. LOL. Just have to get out of detention first ;D


Global Corporate Challenge
Still hooning on well. Finally got out of Russia (felt like we were there forever) and now we are enjoying the delights that Greece has to offer. It has been fantastic reading about the places that before I only heard about from Argy. Seeing the photos made me feel warm too as they are enjoying beautiful Summer weather. Ohhh it would be lovely to just jump on a plane and spend the next few months in Greece. My favourite bit of info from Greece could have come from Sitia where the local dish of "Chohlious" sounds devine until you realise it translates to Fried and Boiled Snails, but instead comes from Olympos. It was there I learned that Nike was the ancient goddess of victory (that's it I am getting Nike's next time) However it is not as interesting as the fact I learned in Lindos. Did you know that a donkeys eyes are placed so that they can see all four feet at once!! Very handy when you are the official Lindos Taxi.


Things I did well last week
I had 2 / 7 days of great eating within points
I had 3 / 7 days of moderately OK eating - but over points
I forgave myself for my crappy eating and plan to have a great week this week

Things I will do better this week
I will keep my focus going
I will not weigh myself daily (this will be a first so lets see if I can do it)
I will blog more regularly as I got caught up in other stuff last week.

Well done on the loss (because you know that they all add up in the end).
You have come so far along this journey and have learnt so many good things - I love that you love your body now - to me that is more important that being at goal !!!!
But you are right - it is too easy to fall into the trap of extra bites once you can see the scales coming down - I am guilty of that this week also. Hopefully I will do better in the coming week.
Take care and speak to you soon !
Me

I'm guilty this week too, maybe they should lock us all up (with bread and water) - well maybe not bread!! haha
Hope this week is better for you.
Bri

Thank goodness you're back to losing grams, not metres!!!

I love that you love your body, and that you know you look good - nothing wrong at all with a bit of healthy self-confidence!! Good on you :-)

I am trying to only weigh weekly as well, and this is also my first week at weaning myself from the habit - good luck to us both!!!

(Word verification: qtitt!!!!)

I so do that - eat because the scales are going down!
Well done with your loss though, it all counts!
Its no suprise you are liking what you look like - you are looking gorgeous and have lost so much weight!GO YOU!

if you discovered you love your body this week id say its a pretty smashing week :) im the same way with little allowances in that losing weight = leniancy but i think thats also what gets us in the end. For the weight losers of the world theres a fine line between the occassional treat and enjoying life, and throwing caution to the wind. It's got to be the most frustrating line in the entire journey. The desire to indulge and enjoy in pleasures of the mouth, yet want to indulge and enjoy in a life the smaller body would offer.

frustration is a good word :)

i think its a good idea to kick the daily weighing, i dont have scales at home so i cant! well i do but the blessed things tell me im 80 something kg which is lies!
any loss is a good loss, so congrats :)

100g off is much much better than 100grams on so well done hunny. I get the same attitude sometimes too so I understand your "logic" completely. and dammit that cake and the freddo and the snakes and anything else you put in your mouth shouldn't matter! But we know it does.

Now I know why I always wear nikes.

What a great post definately gave myself some food for thought and congrats on the loss!

Glad you finally got on the curve, no kidding you look good - great, actually!

Wardrobe plays a big part in this for anyone, a flick through any trashy magazine will give you plenty of examples. I suppose the rationale is to say "I don't have the body to look great in anything, so it doesn't matter what I wear", but your post is an excellent reminder that good quality, suitable clothes are ALWAYS a good thing and are worthwhile. You're such a wise one.

And no, I did not know that donkeys can see all four feet at once, but thanks for that tidbit, it's now filed away. Do you know how your GCC team is going in relation to other teams?

It's interesting how our new-found love for our bodies has more to do with how it feels, not how it looks. Sure to be a great lesson in there, if I could be arsed thinking about it!
That's why I gave up daily weighing - because once I saw I was losing I got really slack!

I stopped the daily weighing in as well.
a) if the scales went down I found I thought I had a bit of leeway so would overindulge.
b) if I tried hard and they didn't move I would start to think what's the point and give in.
Good luck!!

I know what ou mean about losing motivation because you don't hate your body anymore. I haven't even lost that much, but it is enough to get me to a point when I can look in the mirror and not cry! I'm also struggling to find new motivation. But we will do it. Like you I don't intend to give up on this!

Well done on the loss M and well done for keeping your focus on what you really want to achieve.

One again a motivational post.. my head is in your space at the moment.. I could have written that post.
Thanks

Well done on another loss. I know you aren't exceptionally happy with it but recognising why you aren't happy with that and what you can do to make it better is a much bigger achievement. Now for the even bigger and greater achievement, implementing those recognitions and solutions. I know you can do - You know you can do it!!! XX

Hey there - I was wondering if everything was ok because we hadn't heard from you lately. I'm glad that all is going well as usual.

I really understand what you said about breaking promises you've made to yourself when you wouldn't dream of breaking promises you've made to others. It's so important to value yourself at least as highly (and preferably more highly) than you value others. If you can't take care of YOU, you can't be there to take care of those you love, so it's so great that you recognise this about yourself. It really shows in the fact that you're able to find that positives in all situations, and improve from the mistakes you've made rather than dwelling on them. Go you! You're an inspiration.

What a great story M. Thanks for sharing it.

M,
Dave here, fiona's husband(yes i know it seems strange that i as a husbanhd of a fellow blogger am leaving a message here but i thought that this was the logical place to leave one!) i am at a bit of a crisis point! Fi is losing her will to lose, she seems to be losing her motivation and her willingness to track and to blog sheis starting to not feel good about herself, i am trying to come up with new ways of motivating her and helping her without pressure but nothing seems to work! help me, the last thing she needs is to go back after so much coming forward! i dont want to see her fail, she is so close to the end, and she has been so damn good up until now!(even inspiring me to shed a couple of kilo's!

any help from any of you fantastic gals out there on how a hubby should help will be welcomed!!

Thanks for the phone call M. It was lovely to have a friendly chat and certainly cheered up my week for me. Looking forward to getting motivated again and will definitely start training for the Sydney event in August. I am really looking forward to catching up properly.

Hun you can put me up there now (sidebar)! I am not passworded anymore. Woohooo

Love CM
P.S That is if you want to he he he

hi stranger... I have been so not around lately :-(
Just wanted to pop in and say hi. And say you are doing well and looking fantastic :-)
Will update very shortly ....

I think it's awesome that you have come to a point where you can say that you "don't hate your body anymore"! and yep, when you're losing you can't have that cake and lollies and.... BUT when you get to maintenance, you can :-)

Hey Darl,

Sorry I've been absent for a couple of weeks - I have a LOT of reading to catch up on!

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one as I was faced this recently - once we actually start accepting our bodies, the drive to lose weight shifts somewhat. Finding another source of motivation to continue along our journey is paramount - I think it's even more important to plan our weeks ahead, almost going back to basics and taking it from there.

Well, off to read your next post - let's see how you go :) :) :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??