« Home | My Walk - My Sydney » | Trackback » | Age by Chocolate » | The first of the babies » | Brrrrrrrr » | I've got shovels! » | Weigh in - Challenge W5 » | Sticky » | Teamwork » | 3D Imagery »

30,026

I did it. I cracked the 30,000 step mark in one day. Whooo Hoooo.

Soon after the Global Corporate Challenge started our team realised that if you walked more than 30,000 steps in a day you were asked for a 'please explain'. As JC was getting these almost every day I committed to getting one each month of the challenge. So knowing I had the Nordic Walk this morning, I decided to walk home afterwards. 10kms home after 2 hours of walking. My feet are sore now. Which is why as soon as the pedometer clicked over 30,000 I came in here and logged my steps. Anything I get tonight now can just go towards tomorrows total.

Whooo hooo I am stoked.

And did I say that my feet hurt LOL.

The walk this morning was great. The max was supposed to be 17 degrees but that wasn't even reached by the time I got home. It was very very brisk when we started but after an hour I was warm enough to take of my jacket and my fingers no longer felt like they would snap off. Cath came along for the first time, and Bron and Sarah were on their second outing like me. Unfortunately Mary couldn't make it (and I really hope your head is feeling better now Mary *hugs*) but we will catch up with her again soon. As it was not raining we were able to stop and did a lot more strengthening and co-ordinating exercises that were both challenging and fun. I can really feel the difference in how my body felt after a 2 hour session versus a 1 hour one last time. My arms are sore and my hips and abs know that they have had some exercise today. I am hoping my hot shower and stretches I have already done will mean my body will be kind to me tomorrow.

So, now to finish tidying up. Try and wake my boys who have been asleep on the couch for the last 2 hours and see if they want dinner or just straight to bed. And then snuggle in for some world cup action.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Have I already said that my feet are sore ;D

Whooo hoooo! You could put $10 away for each 10k steps and then use the money for a shopping spree at goal. Or perhaps it's more fitting to book yourself a weekly massage for a Sat arvo? You're doing a great job and everything's crossed that this hard work shows dividends on the scale.

You are amazing my friend! Such determination!!! Where can I get some of this eh? :)

Now would you be sweet and give me a letter too? I'd love to get in the fun too!

And you watch the world cup too! I'm thinking of going to the bookies'later and play a bit of money for fun...hehe

Hey M,

Sounds like your motivation is pretty high at the moment! So can you send a bit over my way? he he he ;)

Have wonderful week! BTW - how can I access everyone's blogs from your site?

Ta hon!

Michelle

WOW WOW WOW, 30,000!!! Now there is a challenge to me for one day in the future. I can imagine your poor feet are sore, but the boost from reaching a number like that must be great too!

Well done!

OMG M! That is amazing 30,000!!! Well done!
Hope your feet are recovering.

wow, thats a lotta steps! no wonder your feet are sore!

Geez I imagine you must have REALLY SORE FEET after all that walking!! LMAO.
You are a walking machine missy. Hope the stretches worked.
I have sore feet too but it's from wearing ridiculously high heeled spikey stilleto shoes for our gig last night - what the hell was I thinking!!?!??!?!??!? They're sitting shoes, not dancing shoes.
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Bri

Fucken heck! Thats amazing! Well done - and no walking on the spot ot get their either!!!

Well done M! 30 000, steps is just amazing. I should really buy a pedometer, I don't think I walk anywhere near as much as I should.

Hope those feet are feeling better - you'll have to ask hubby for a lovely foot massage!!! LOL.

Jods

What an acheivement. I hope you have good shoes. I can only imagine how much walking that is - I think my best ever was 22,500 and That was around Sydney without stopping for basically the whole day

Is 'world cup action' some kind of euphemism?

Wow....great job. Hope you have recuperated. There isn't any better feeling than one of self-satisfaction. A good reason to set goals for ourselves. I'm going to see how close I can get to 30,000 tomorrow behind my lawnmower. Have a great week!!!

holy crap! you are my hero :D

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??