« Home | A Day at the Races » | When too much pink is never enough » | Swish swish » | Weigh Day - 26th June 2006 » | Weigh Day » | 30,026 » | My Walk - My Sydney » | Trackback » | Age by Chocolate » | The first of the babies »

Weigh Day - 3rd July

OK. After a bit of post drinking, eating my weight came in this morning at 77.1kgs which is a loss of ANOTHER 100gms. As I looked at the scales I thought that I could get really cross or be really happy. I choose happy. Happy that it is a loss. Happy that at this rate I will be able to save up and afford a new wardrobe by the time I need to buy more clothes LOL. But if it decided to drop away quickly, I would be happy with that too.

Yesterday was not the quiet recovery day that I would have hoped. With swimming lessons scheduled in at 8.30am there is not much chance of a sleep in so it was up and all cylinders blazing early. And it was OK. Having crawled into bed at 9.30 the night before and having made sure I had heaps of water to drink minimised any hang over I may have suffered. However, as the day dragged on and my boys decided that this was the day they were going to argue, fight, not listen, not sleep, play loudly, I became more and more tired. I just prayed they would go to bed early and stay asleep. I should have kept my thoughts shut. Mr Oscar decided he would not settle at all but after some investigation I realised that his 2 year old molars are coming through which explained the entire days behaviour. Long story short (really - is this short!!) I ended up sleeping the entire night on the trundle with him and now have an extremely sore neck to show for it. It would have been ok if he just slept the entire night, but he constantly either touched my face to feel if I was still there or he would get up on his arms and legs and put his face right above mine and look into my eyes. Which was ok until his brain made the connection then he fell asleep again causing his head to crash into the bridge of my nose. *ouch*

But that is what happens when you have little wee bairn…


Global Corporate Challenge
There were a couple of personal challenges I set myself within the official one. One was to walk over 15,000 a day and other than a few notable exceptions I have done this, and the second is to make sure that my average for each month is higher than the month before. In May my average was 14,081 and in June it was 16,997 so I have a task ahead of me but I think I can do it. By October it may start getting a bit difficult but I won't know until I give it a go.


What I did well last week
I had 3/7 perfect days
I had a brilliant week socially
I drank a good amount of water

What I will do better this week
I will plan for post drinking days better
I won't drink alcohol this week
I will spread out the housework so I am not doing it all on Friday night

Your day at the races sounds like a blast. Pity the photos didn't post. Hope your son's teeth settle down soon. It's so hard when they are grumpy and in pain and you really can't do much for them.

Glad you had such a great day at the races, and congrats on your loss this week!

Sounds like you had an absolute blast at the races - good for you !
Hope Mr O's teeth are out soon - there is NOTHING worse than seeing your child in pain and putting up with the behaviour that seems to accompany such pain !
You really are doing well with your challenge - keep up the good work !
Take care and talk soon.
Me

Congrats on your loss - "they say the slower to come off means it wont come back on"
Hope your little one is feeling better:)

Congrats on the loss M. Ouch to your poor little son's teeth and your neck.
Glad you had a fantastic day at the races. You deserved it.

Loved your races story - not being able to load photos is driving me nuts!

Another 100gms off - well done! Slowly but surely, which is great!

I sympathise re: Oscar's molars - we've just been there done that, and survived the yucky nights too. Argh! Are you planning a big 2 year old party? :-)

Well done hunny! Shame about the happenings with the kids - not the day for it really but you can guarantee if you need a day of rest and relaxation kids are going to make sure you don't get it.

Hey M....firstly congrats on the loss. A loss is a loss is a loss. Secondly I wanted to say what a delight it is to read your blogs....It really makes me feel good and that we have a lot of things and feelings in common and it really inspires me to believe that I can do it too. Thanks heaps for sharing.lb.

A loss is moving in the right direction and considering the fun you had as well this week very good effort. You did exceptionally well not resorting to food when poor Oscar was keeping you awake. Have a great weekthis week.

Ooh, a new profile photo!!

Do you know that with each new photo that you put up, you look happier and happier!

Hope you are having a great week. Blogger hasn't let me into your site for 3 days?? Sounds like you had a great time at the races - love that you had the guts to wear the pink wig. xx

Wow thats a lot of steps! how long does it run for?
Sounds like the races were a blast!

Thanks for your lovely supportive comments on my blog - you are a sweetie!!!

Have been reading yours (you are going great with the steps by the way) just don't get time to comment.

Seems like you really had a blast. I can feel your emotions in tour writing.

what a fantastic day it sounded like you had. How awesome does david look. Don't you love hang overs?? hehehe

Alright, no kids for me yet...again LOL. There's a lot of kid talk my way atm and one of my gay friends is dying for me to have a baby! I'll have to share this molar story with him ;-)

Hope you're feeling much better now with your neck and getting some decent sleep AND WELL DONE with your step count!

100gm loss after a drinking wkd aint bad, in fact if u waited one more, your loss probably wouldve been better, so be a really good girl this week & you'll get a huge loss this wk :D hope you've had a lovely wknd.

100g loss is still a loss so well done, especially after the drinking/eating!

Well done on the June walking challenge! Woohoo :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??