« Home | Weigh Day - 26th June 2006 » | Weigh Day » | 30,026 » | My Walk - My Sydney » | Trackback » | Age by Chocolate » | The first of the babies » | Brrrrrrrr » | I've got shovels! » | Weigh in - Challenge W5 »

Swish swish

Do you know the feeling that you get when you almost do something really silly like walk into a lamp post and you manage to stop just in time but you give yourself a real shock and hope like heck that nobody was watching because you feel really embarrassed. Well imagine that was me, and that situation was caused because I was bending over as I walked trying to see if it was true that my legs were not rubbing together making little 'swish swish' sounds as the denim rubbed together. *blush* I am so vain sometimes but I had to check it out. Just lucky I didn't bump my oversized head at the same time though :D

******

It is Thursday and it has been 3 mornings in a row that I have not weighed. The scales taunt me as they are placed near the foot of the toilet so are unmissable in my daily routine, but so far so good. Eating has also been on-track. It hasn't been without it's moments but sheer will has kept me from raiding the newly stocked snack box in the lunchroom. And making a bit pot of pumpkin soup has helped with the munchies at night as I find it really satisfying and a mug is only worth 0.5pts so goes a long way.

******

I am home today as I booked a day off work to go to Centrelink to claim the 2003/2004 Child Care Benefit and cross off a task on my to-do list. As it was my first ever visit I figured it would take me hours so brought snacks, a drink, and a huge new book that I thought would be good to get into but it took the total sum of 5 minutes to go in, be served, and out again. It was fantastic. And it has left me time to catch up on tasks around the house that have been neglected. I have updated my blog and replaced the blog links in my sidebar. Thank you for the emails that requested this to be done. I had not realised that it was being used to jump around the blogs but on reflection that is of course how I found most of my favourites.

******

The City 2 Surf is not far away now and I am getting excited about the prospect of meeting up with old friends and beginning new friendships with others. Look out in the next couple of weeks for an email with dinner details.

******

I am going to the races on Saturday with a friend. It is a 'pink' day. Should be hilarious and I promise to take photo's and post when I get back. As I should be satisfactorally inebriated at the time I am sure it will be a highly articulate post - not LOL.

Five minutes at Centrelink? what's your secret?

A woman I used to work with once told me that one of the guys said he always knew when she was coming down the hallway because of the sound of her thighs swishing. I'd have brained him for saying that!

Can't wait for the C2S.. how's your training going?

Have fun at the races and look forward to the pics. xx

Hun... can you post your pumpkin soup recipe.. I really want to find one that tastes nice... sometimes they just are so horrible that I am afraid to make another one he he he.

Good on you for keeping away from the scales.

Chubbymum

Look, I'm really sorry, but you must have looked like a complete twit!

Glad to hear things went well for you at Centrelink - I know how happy you will be at being able to cross this off your list !
Take care and speak to you soon .
Me

Apart from the near-miss lampost incident sounds like you are doing awesome M!

Are you doing the Bay Run as well as the city to surf? I find its a great warm up for the real thing. I saw a poster today and realised the Bay Run is only a month away though - bit scared now!!

thanks for the post - I am trying to be calm about the kitchen - I dont how else to deal with it. Hubby is doing all the work himself and doing his best. Its not ideal, but as long as the baby doesnt come early we will be fine vx

Hope you have a great time at the races.

Wow, 5 minutes in Centelink - I'm very impressed!

i thought everybody apart from supermodels made that denim swish noise? i think you're going crazy ;)

I agree with Catesa about the thigh swishing thing and don't try to change my mind Missie!! Supermodels ARE the only ones who have a gap big enough to not swish!!
You're so good not getting on the scales - I am a confessed scale whore and I will never change.
Bri

A pink day huh... I have some terrifically grotesque pink shoes in size X if you are interested ;-)

Have a great weekend M!

Ooh, so glad it was only five minutes not the five hours you were expecting!! What a pleasant surprise.

Can't wait to see the race day pics xxx

Well, my dear, you must have FABULOUS legs because even when I was 62 kg I still had the swish. Corduroy was never really an option for me! Yay for catching up on tasks around the house and even bigger yay for going to the races! Hope you have some luck there.

What a great post, I could literally see you trying to see you bending over trying to have a look lol, very funny :)

It sounds like a few of us have started to get back into tracking this week. YAY 4 TRACKING!!!

Hope you have a great day to day at the races!

I just wanted to say what an amazing thing it was to read about your realisation and that you like your body. I think ultimately for many people that's what this journey is about.

Enjoy the races!

Hope you had a wonderful, fun time at the races! (And won some money!)

Embarrassingly, I have worn out a few too many pairs of jeans because of the old thigh rub. Looking forward to the day that doesn't happen!

Olny 5 mins at Centrelink? Huh? Urban myth exposed!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??