« Home | Trackback » | Age by Chocolate » | The first of the babies » | Brrrrrrrr » | I've got shovels! » | Weigh in - Challenge W5 » | Sticky » | Teamwork » | 3D Imagery » | The Letter "S" »

My Walk - My Sydney

With all the walking I have been doing you would be forgiven for thinking that I love it and that it is the easiest thing in the world for me to put on my shoes and walk out the door. Well it isn't. Most days I build up an excitement and it is pretty easy to get dressed and go out, but with the change of weather and the temperature pretty icy it is harder and harder to just 'want' to do it. Sometimes I think I hate it. Hate the fact that I need to walk. Hate the actual stepping into the lift to go outside. Hate the thought of being cold. BUT. After I finish I feel fantastic. I feel bouncy and clear headed, and I feel good about myself. It is this feeling that I hold onto as I put on my shoes and I remind myself of how that feels. And that good feeling far outweighs the 'oh do I have to' feeling and so out I go.

Today, for instance, there was no one in the office to walk with. So my decision was do I walk alone or do I not walk at all? I chose to get myself dressed and, after reading CKK's post about 101 things to do in 1001 days where one of her points was to "be a tourist in my own town", I took the camera for a walk with me. AND to make up for the times I stopped and took photos I actually ran. RAN. I ran a distance of 5 light poles. Then another 4 light poles. Then I did a little run in the Botanic Gardens. And on the way back to the office I ran from the fountain in Hyde Park to the first path cross over. I even did a little happy dance / run in the office when I was waiting for my lunch to heat up. I feel FANTASTIC. LOL. I should go walking on my own more often ;D

And the photo's. Well here they are. I am so lucky that I live somewhere as beautiful as Sydney and the walk today took on a whole new dimension as I viewed it through the lens. (and I would have had more if I had not had the camera on 'movie' instead of 'photo' for the beginning of my walk oops)


St Mary's Cathedral


Blogger won't let me post any more photo's. Will keep trying.

Trackback
Points: 25
Water: 2.25 litres at work +
Steps: Currently 16,435 , Final - TBA

I know how you feel about not wanting to go out in the cold!! But it is so worth it afterwards:)

god... I am sitting here, angry with myself for not walking this morning... Got up when the alarm went off, I just didn't get out the door... I enjoy walking.. my 'me time' -
I will walk at lunch time... I promise...
Take care and have a fab weekend

Good on you for getting out on your own. I've got 2 big walks scheduled for the weekend which should make up for the last 2 days. Have a great weekend M. xx

I know that feeling of having to force myself out the door. It definitely gets harder as the weather gets colder. Woohoo for running. Can't wait to see the rest of your pics :)

Thank you for all the motivation that you provide - sometimes when I don't feel like walking I think of you and know that I just have to get out there and get on with it !
Am sure you will be pleased at the amount of time you save with Bloglines loaded - I know that I am very happy with it.
Will try to ring over the weekend - it seems like ages since we spoke.
Take care and have a great weekend !
Me

I'm struggling to get back into exercise after my sick days, but, you're right, I need to concentrate on how good it will feel when I've done it!
Have a great weekend.

The same things are challenging me. But you are so right that "feel good" feeling after we have done something is such a huge buzz. That's what we have to bottle and use over and over again.

Have a great weekend M. Enjoy your Saturday walk with the girls.

Hi M, thanks for your comment in my blog. I'm so glad you wrote about walking and it seems you enjoyed it. I have a little information, Walking as a Hobby.

LOL - sometimes I have that hat thing going with the gym, push myself in the door and then feel fantastic once I've been!

Sydney IS really beautiful you lucky girl, that cathedral is just amazing :) Youve done great with your walking over the week, im well impressed! You keep on doing what you're doing, nothing bad can come of that :)

Beautiful pic - I loved walking through Hyde Park while we were there and seeing all the sights and people!

P.s. regarding your last post - I LOVE my RSS list - and it makes it so much easier to catch up on posts - but I now have to have a 'non RSS' bookmark list, otherwise CM and Paulene, and Kimba and a few others would never get visits from me!

What a lovely post - always great to hear what you're up to!

What an eventful week you have had! I really need to follow your lead and just do it! freezing cold and all!

Maybe you could take photos while you're running? They'd be swooshing action shots!

Hope you're having a great weekend ;o).

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??