« Home | 30,026 » | My Walk - My Sydney » | Trackback » | Age by Chocolate » | The first of the babies » | Brrrrrrrr » | I've got shovels! » | Weigh in - Challenge W5 » | Sticky » | Teamwork »

Weigh Day

Todays weigh in saw the teeniest of losses being 100gms to take me to 77.3kms (??? /lbs). With all the walking I have been doing you would think the weight would be falling off me. Not so. Unfortunately I have been shovelling it in as fast as I am walking it off so am thankful at least that the activity is maintaining my weight.

Every week I say to myself "This week will be better." Every week I know that if I can control my food intake the weight loss will show. However all I ever did was talk about it and nothing changed.

This week will be different.

"Why?" I hear you all ask in hushed tones. ;)

Because this time not only have I talked about it, I have moved my tail and done something about it.

I have planned out an entire weeks eating.
I have shopped and brought into work the ONLY food I will be eating during work hours this week.
I made a tonne of spag. bol. on the weekend that will keep me in emergency dinners for weeks.
I bought some pre-packaged evening meals to get me back to portion size control.
I bought some extra vege's to bulk out the meals.
I am committing to one week.
I can do one week.
It is only one week.

Then after this week I will think about what I do for the next week.
One meal at a time.
One day at a time.
One week at a time.

I can do this. I WILL do this. :D


Global Corporate Challenge
We are currently in Russia. To be more precise we are in Verkhneimbatsk which is just 30 kms north along the river from Borodino (our last stop!) With a local dish speciality of "Saddle of Reindeer" I am sure I won't be visiting soon. Though the thought of using vodka to cleanse and tone my skin does sound rather appealing. Two famous men are known in Verkhneimbatsk. Rudolf Nureyev (famous ballet dancer) was born on the Trans-siberian train in March 1938 (must have been going through Verkhneimbatsk at the time), and the Russian President - Vladimir Putin - who has started a fashion trend in the region with the locals having his scowling face tattooed on their bodies as a sign of respect. Lets hope they all had a good meal of Reindeer and Vodka first LOL.

What did I do well last week
I kept up my walking and increased my daily average steps.
I broke through the 30,000 step mark (still really happy about this)
I faced some issues at home and have begun to work through them.

What will I do better this week
Track & stick to my food plan
Track & stick to my food plan
Track & stick to my food plan

Great post - it sounds like you have everything in place to have an even better week - and 100gms is still 100gms closer to your goal. Well done - and may this week be everything you want it to be! :-)

Roast Rudolph - yummy!
Think you've got the same thing as me happening to your head - I'm getting lots of exercise so I can eat like a swine!

u sound super organised this week :)
Kate is right, 100gms is still 100gms &if u follow your plan, you'll blow the 77's out of the water next week :)
u sure are doing super with your walking! have a great week :D

LOL, I can tell how much walking you've been doing, cos you said you now weigh 77 kilometers, when I presume you meant kilograms!!!!!

All your hard work will have to pay off with a gorgeous big loss soon, and I've no doubt at all that you're keeping an eye on those measurements, so you know that the centimetres are just dropping off you.

Have a great week lovely!!!

thats how i got back in to it, just day by day for a week. its doable and taking it on such a small scale makes it feel easy :) you can do it M, one day at a time you certainly can do it :)

You impress me so much M. After 2 hours of walking I think the least likely thing I could do would be to walk another 10KMS! You have shown with this challenge how much you can achieve when you plan and put your mind to something and I just know that you will be able to follow through this week with your eating. :)

LOL at the kilometers thing, that's the first thing I noticed! You'll be fine this week, one meal at a time!
Bri

Mmmmm - reindeer and vodka!!

Sometimes we do have to break what is ahead of us into portions that we can manage - be it one week, one day, or one meal at a time. I know you can do this M - all your hard work WILL pay off, just keep going!!

Hope you have a wonderful week xxx

"The Power of One" whether it is one hour, one day, one evening, one week......one + one = two and so on and so forth. Your plan sounds great and hopefully gives you a feeling of control and motivation that I felt when doing mine last Thursday. Have a great week and .1kg is still a good result in the right direction.lb.

I am so impressed, you house sounds like the perfect picture for the "sort your surroundings" habit!! You are model WW-er! *grin*
tehehe

and the whole reindeer and vodka thing? you have succeeded in making sure i don't want to eat anything else tonight.... thanks!! :)

Its sounds like a lot of us have hit a Plateau where we are doing the exercise but its just not showing on the scales, hmmm maybe its winter and we are going back to the caveman days where we need to store our food, or maybe not.

30,000 steps that is amazing and good on you, hope you have a great week!

Hi M. It's going to be a fantastic week. xx

I so know what you mean.... I start the week thinking I am going to do this and it doesn't always happen that way... with all the exercise I am hungry more too so I eat more... but hey hun.. you will do it you have it all sorted and this week is going to be fanbloodytastic

Love ya CM

I'm sure with all that planning only good things can eventuate! XX

Sounds like you have everything planned and I hope it all goes to plan.

keep motivated girl. you will get there :) Don't lose sight of what your goal is :) And remember that you can do it!!

You're so organised there's no way you can fail, and look at all of these people encouraging you, there's no way you'll let yourself be too naughty :) Think how good it's going to feel at the end of the week to know that you stuck to it, even if you don't have a huge loss. To know you can do it is half the achievment.

You will do it - far easier just taking a week at a time - then onto the next one. You really do so determined and very organised!!

Sounds like a great plan to me! I cant go for longer than a day, but each day is getting better! I am sure you will have a successful week!

LOL so you've been shovelling in just as much as walking hey? I gotta say, well done for being honest with yourself and for doing something about it. Your plan sounds really good and focusing on one week only sure takes the pressure off. I hope it's proving to be a great week for you babe!

Hope you've had a great week M!!

I did it - I did it!
I finally did my letter blog!

Hope everything is going okay for you and that you had a better week.
Bri

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??