« Home | M's Recipes » | It's too good to be true » | Virtual Model » | Energy » | Recipe - Creamy Bacon & Pumpkin Soup » | Recipe - Mixed Berry & Apple Strudel » | Fear » | Simple Things » | Expo Expose » | Happy Birthday Mum »

Weigh in - Challenge W1

Today has seen an 800gm drop to bring me back to 78kgs. I have a long way to go before I hit 'virgin weight' again but I am making inroads.

This weekend saw me very angry at lots of times. Angry at myself. Angry at Mark. Angry at my house. Anything really. And angry might not really be the best word. I suppose I am just frustrated. Frustrated that plans get changed and mucked up when I finally put into place a plan of action for me for exercise on a weekend. And I know that if I looked deeply enough I still could have done something - ANYTHING - to move myself in a manner to burn off energy, but I didn't. I did eat but I was not out of control.

So I am happy with the loss I had.

It is the end of week one of the challenge and I am racing my ladies in the tickers. Who will get to the end first? What odds shall I place? LOL. Whichever one gets to the end first I know one thing - the other one won't be far behind :D

Week in review
What I did well
I tracked everyday - no matter what I ate/drank
I journalled every day and wrote down what I was feeling
I got in control of my work

What I will do better
I will exercise everyday
I will maintain better control with the types of food I eat, especially on weekends
I will speak up when I am angry so that it does not build up

Trackback - 30th April
Points - 19.5
SP - 2
Exercise - None !

Trackback - 29th April
Points - 25
SP - 5
Exercise - None

Trackback - 28th April
Points - 26
SP - 6
Exercise - None

Great loss this week! I think it's normal to feel angry and frustrated at times - especially if you can visualise how you want things to be, and then it doesn't happen.

You are doing great - you know why? Because you are still here!! That in itself is the hugest achievement. Also just sticking to it at all when you are feeling a bit grrrr, is difficult, so well done!

Well done on the loss and have a fantastic week.

Congrats on the loss this week!!!

I loved your week in review, what a great idea about "What I will do better"

Hope you have a great week!

Well done on the loss M. I can completely relate to you about your weekend. I was a complete cranky pants on the weekend and took it out on my dear boy. There must have just been something in the air! I'm sending you happy thoughts for a great week ;)

Well done on the loss. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure frustration surely has to burn twice as many calories.

Have a great week and enjoy your mum's visit, you "hip" young thing you.

sounds as though we had similar weekends!! Sometimes life seems to be all about aeveryone except us! (is it a mum thing?)
Hang in there, you are doing really well. This is one week on your lifetime journey
LBTEPA

Well done on the great loss M. Whoo Hooo!!!!!

Re the miners - Yes it is truly a miracle that they are alive. Unfortunately it is such a slow and dangerous process to bring them out safely. I think the whole of Australia is thinking positively for them though, so if thoughts and prayers can help we are all doing our best.
Have a great week M xx

It is frustrating when your plans don't happen - but well done on the loss!

Love how you reviewed your week and how you are looking at how to improve. What a great idea:)

Thanks for your comments on my blog about my scrapbook layouts, M! Oh and hubby says he likes you (due to you saying he doesn't look a day over 25...LOL)
Congrats on your loss this week....I've seen Pauline's challenge before but have never joined one...might have to.
Good luck this week!

I've been a little slow on the commenting this week and now I've returned to find you have been the busiest little blogging bee of us all, so many posts!!! Plus you updated the template, really like the new look :)

Love that pumpkin and bacon recipe, yummo, will be making that during the week for sure!

Great post about Fear - and I think it sums up in a very coherent way the complacency that can slip in over time. I use the reminder of the BIG total weight loss I'm after, and although I'm pretty chuffed over the 20kg lost at the moment (thanks for your lovely comment, btw) I've still got a way to go so no point slacking off.

I hope you have been enjoying your time with your Mum - I'm sure you two will have lots of catch up on :)

I think Virutal Model is a great tool, though I was quite disheartened when I tried it at my highest weight and it couldn't create my model since it told me i was too big, grrrr. It really can be a good motivator, especially since it is difficult to see yourself as other people see you. Definitely take the real photo - I don't have a good "before' full body shot and part of me is kind of regretting that (not that I'm going to put the 20kg back on to get the shot ;) )

Love what you wrote under "it's too good to be true", you're right babe, you do have to it. Enjoy!

Lastly, fantastic week 1 effort and loss! LOL at the ticker ladies' race!

Have a great week Darl - hope whatever plans you have go smoothly!

Ails x

Great loss. You are certainly introducing more discipline - the rest will come!

Well done on your loss M! This is a great start to your challenge. I certainly have those anger/frustration days too but fortunately they don't last. Have a great week!

great loss for the first week of your challenge :) u lost 8 times what I did, lol
I am going to place bets that your weight ticker & challenge ticker finish at the same time or close enough :) u can do it!

thats a smashing start! you can do as well as you want to :) anger, frustration, legitimate emotions that keep you alive and buzzing. let it out luv xox

Hey!
A loss. Woot! It's a great reassurance to be able to measure success so quuickly - you're obviously on to a great thing.

Great loss M!! What I love about you is you will always pat yourself on the back for what you did well, which is a wonderful thing to do. Keep up the motivation, you're doing brilliantly!

800 grams is nearly a kilo! Well done!

I love that you write down what you did well, and what you will do better.

You are very inspiring. Thank you!

Congrats on your loss! :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??