« Home | Recipe - Spinach and Pumpkin Curry » | Weigh in - Challenge W2 » | Me Sore » | Who needs an ipod anyway? » | Planning is my key » | Weigh in - Challenge W1 » | M's Recipes » | It's too good to be true » | Virtual Model » | Energy »

Recipe - Chicken & Mushroom Risotto

Total pot = 42 points. Divide up as appropriate

Ingredients

400gm chicken thigh fillets, diced
200gms button mushrooms
1 red onion finely chopped
4 cloves garlic
300gms Arborio rice
40 mls olive oil
1 tbs butter
1.2 litre vegetable stock
1/4 cup basil leaves
1/2 cup dry white wine
80 gm parmesan, grated

Method

1. Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan and add garlic, add chicken to the pan and toss until cooked, try not to brown chicken too much. Remove from pan.
2. Add butter to saucepan, when melted add onion and Arborio rice and cook for two minutes until rice is translucent and each grain is coated in butter.
3. Add white wine and reduce by half, add mushrooms and then add stock one ladleful at a time until all stock has been absorbed stirring constantly, this will take about 25 minutes.
4. Return chicken back to saucepan and stir thoroughly and ensure risotto is thick and creamy - not sticky - add torn basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve immediately


My comments

This was sensational. I don't cook risotto much, must be about 5 years since the last one, but this was very filling and the only warning I would offer is to serve it into appropriate sizes from the pot before you eat as you will go back for more if you put it all in the middle of the table. ;D

Credits
Recipe taken from the ABC - Peter Milosevic's Chicken and Mushroom Risotto - and modified slightly by me.

mmm this sounds delicious, i never thought to add chicken to a risotto before, will have to give it a go sometime! mmmmrisotto

This sounds divine!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??