« Home | Weigh in - Challenge W1 » | M's Recipes » | It's too good to be true » | Virtual Model » | Energy » | Recipe - Creamy Bacon & Pumpkin Soup » | Recipe - Mixed Berry & Apple Strudel » | Fear » | Simple Things » | Expo Expose »

Planning is my key

Mary and Suzy have both made posts lately about finding the key that allows you success in your daily exercise routines. That it needs to be something that you enjoy, and something that you can fit in to the rest of your life, in order for you to love it and keep going with it - even once at goal.

I have thought about this a lot over the last couple of days as I continue to plan for the start of my Fitness Challenge. Initially I was planning on hiring a treadmill for 12 weeks, then after speaking with the very cute Buzz (not of the Lightyear variety) from Workout World decided instead to buy one on a payment plan.

Then I thought about it some more.

Whilst I would love to own one again, it is not practical in either a dollar or a space sense. I don't need to buy anything else. (This does not include shoes or handbags LOL) I just need to use what I already have. So with that approach the weights bench, and weights that have been slowly rusting to death under the house have been attacked with the WD40 and a bucket of hot soapy water and will be brought up into the house once Mum leaves (they will be put where the spare bed currently is). Then I will be able to do my weights routine in the mornings (5.00am !!) without waking up the boys, and I will do the treadmilling for the Couch to 5 km programme at the gym at lunch time. I will use what I have. I will do what I enjoy.

I am really looking forward to this challenge, and whilst the focus will be purely on my fitness, my strength, and on my shape for those 12 weeks, I will still be very interested in what my weight does along the way. I have my workout printouts holepunched and ready to go. I have the Cto25K workout in the folder. I have the printout ready for the Global Corporate Challenge. I am just itching to start. Or maybe that is a reaction to the prunes I have eaten today LOL.

Looking forward to a good week :D


Trackback - 2nd May
Points:20
SP: 2
Exercise: 20 min treadmill (hard) 10 min spin cycle (medium) 30 min walk to Broadway (hard)

Trackback - 1st May
Points: 20
SP: 2
Exercise: 30 min treadmill (hard) 30 min walk to Broadway (hard)

Weights 1st thing in the morning = excellent idea. you are setting yourself up for a win win situation and are going to kick butt. Good on you M.

Sounds like a fine idea. I think often people spend money on exercise/weight loss goals rather than *do* anything. Like spending $$$ eases the guilt.

Glad you are not angry anymore. Think that anger has really motivated you M. You sound sooo organised. I am glad you don't have o buy a treadmill. You have everything you need an da gym at lunchtime so go for it.

lol @ the prunes - they make u itchy?? :P
sounds like you are well sorted, planning is a powerful tool & sounds like you know how to use it! have a great day tomorrow :)

Planning is definitely the key. Yes it would be nice to have a super duper treadmill, but you don't really need it, you can do other stuff - good thinking M. What's this C2 thing though? Have I missed something? Maybe i'm having a blonde day.
Have a great week.
Bri

I am in the same frame of mind at the moment... thinking about what I need to do to get me back on track...

Good on you hun for cleaning up the weights...

Love CM

Yay for getting excited about it all again!

It all looks very motivating and like an excellent plans...i LOVE the idea about which 'lady' will get to the end first.

I think too often we feel we need something new to help us (like the treadmill in your case) but when you take a look we quite often we have the tools we need without having to outlay more money.

It's great that you have seen this and are going to use the gear you already have.

Great plan and good luck, I'm sure you will do well:)

I can completely relate to your post. I have just brushed the dust off my boy's weights bench in the spare room and am going to get my own weights program going too. I like the idea of a folder with the workout printed out. I might do the same ;)

So true M, the main equipment we need is the WILL to move ourselves and the DETERMINATION to reach and maintain our goal.
Have fun xx

Well done on your loss this week. You certainly do sound a lot more focused this week than you have in the past couple.

I look forward to seeing more amazing results from you!! Hope you are having a fantastic day. XX

Completely agree quite often we already have the resources we need to achieve our goals, but it doesn't hurt to splurge once in awhile either :)

Hey M - I have been having a lot of the same kind of thoughts lately...feeling like I need something or magical appliance or gym membership to get me back on track - meanwhile a little quiet voice way back in my mind keeps saying "you know you don't need that - you have everything you need to get back on track - dvd's, weights, shanks's pony" I just need to say stop looking for something to help and just bloody do it.....I am getting there. Have a wonderful week.lb.

Hey girl, you know you can do it! I know you can do it! I think frustrations are just tests (sometimes I fail, sometimes I dont). It's just another lesson learnt, back on the motivation treadmill and off we go. Good luck with your challenge and have a great week.
:o)

Good going with cleaning your weights and realising what exactly it is that you enjoy doing and will realistically be able to fit into your day! That's half the problem when we think that we need to *buy* more equipment and really, we just need to do with what we've got.

What's this about prunes?

Heheh I really am a dag at heart, just ask Ails ;)
I could relate to your latest post, in particular 'do it anyway'...Ails told me about that a few weeks ago and I've written it up on my fridge, it really has helped. Small things like that do, even when it's hard to stay motivated which is fairly often with me! :) It's hard to remember sometimes how lucky you/we are, so good on you for reminding yourself, it's not easy to do!
Luv Natt XO

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??