« Home | Planning is my key » | Weigh in - Challenge W1 » | M's Recipes » | It's too good to be true » | Virtual Model » | Energy » | Recipe - Creamy Bacon & Pumpkin Soup » | Recipe - Mixed Berry & Apple Strudel » | Fear » | Simple Things »

Who needs an ipod anyway?

I hear voices.

Your voices.

All the way home I could hear this medley of voices saying "Do it Anyway" courtesy of Kate & Mary as I contemplated how sore my legs would be after I walked home, "Make it Count" courtesy of Cath as I watched my form and crunched my butt muscles as I strode up the hill, "No Excuses" courtesy of Nat as I rounded the top of the stairs and stood looking over some tree tops at the city skyline puffing and panting like someone sorely in need of a drink, a bath, and a massage.

And somehow these voices blended together to vaguely sound like Dory out of Nemo "Just keep walking, do it anyway, just keep walking, make it count, just keep walking, no excuses" LOL

So, no ipod for me.

And in spite of all the frustrations I have felt lately, in spite of some difficulties with life in general, as I walked over the bridge and breathed in the very fresh air (laden with petrol fumes but never mind that) I had to remind myself, once again, that I am indeed a very lucky girl. :D

Now where is that drink, that bath, that massage ??

Trackback
Points: 22
SP: 4.5
Exercise: 7km walk home

OMG aren't they just inspirational. It is better than an ipod that is for sure.

That is the best thing about blog friends they are always keeping us thinking even when we aren't reading their blogs.

Thanks Margaret!! I don't always say it but I love reading your posts and they always make me leave thinking about what you have said.... so inspirational.

Love CM

Lol, but if you had an iPod we could all record our voices and you could REALLY hear us, lol. :-)

ahh petrol fumes, isnt city life wonderful? lol yuck but well done on doing it! you rock woman

High on exercise, life and fumes - what a concoction!

I NEED music to exercise, otherwise I fall into my natural pace and no one lost weight dawdling.

Enjoy the rest of your week, M ;o)

Cough cough splutter splutter, how I miss that city pollution! I walked around a damn today at lunchtime, in the country, nice fresh air, crisp sunshine. No I don't want to swap!! LOL.
Bri

hearing voices??? crazy gal ;)
I often see Kate telling me to do it anyway :)

Yeah yeah... go you. I know how rad it is when you've gone for a hard walk and you've finally reached the end. Reading about that has really made me want to exercise. Shame I have to wait another month or so to do it... but as soon as I'm able to I will draw some inspiration from you and the other fabbo bloggers. We really couldn't do it without each other, could we? Love your motivation at the moment - you're a legend!

have fun with your voices - mine just say to buy shoes!

Lovely post M. Made me feel very grateful for the small things. And well done for doing so much walking this week!

u r so cute! glad to know I am in your thoughts LOL I am sure you felt better after that walk :-)

also wanted to say thank you for all your support. Sorry I don't comment often but read your journal everyday!

ps glad u love your foundation, i use the same one and absolutely love it too, so easy and smooth to put on. I am mailing new nutrimetics brochures out this week too! :-)

Great post and hooray for voices. Enjoy the rest of your week. xx

Now Kate is talking scary talk. Can you imagine having our voices recorded LOL. I hope this means that you had a great evening relaxing. I like Kathryn's voices too ;-)

Hiya Margaret! :) Thanks a bunch for stopping by my section of blogland, it's only been a few days but I already feel really supported and welcome so I think I'm really gonna enjoy being here! :) Yeah, I'm hoping I'll be able to get through it all, it's gonna take alot of work, but funnily enough I'm looking forward to the challenge and also the end result. :)
Well done on ur loss so far by the way, you're doing brilliantly - well done!
Thanks again and talk again soon.
Luv Natt XO

yeah go me, i am still here just very busy, tune in soon for a post, go the couch to 5k, its actually a good program, i am up to week 3 and i cant believe i can jog for 5mins
fiona

Glad you heard the voices and benefited from them. You do know don't you that we also listen to yours. We are a weird bunch aren't we. Hope whatever is causing you frustration eases off on you. Just keep on walking those troubles away...

Great you hearing voices and that are motivating you:) Once again you have confirmed what a fantastic support network we have going for us.

Better go - those voices are telling me I have to get done today...

So long as they're just the blog-girls voices you hear! Don't want you ending up like that guy you picked up out of the road...

I luv my ipod but quite often forget to take it with me when I go out walking - d'oh. The silence, muffled by the constant traffic grind, is much more enjoyable without it anyway. Have a great weekend.lb.

Love that post.. now have have "just keep swimming" aka Dory running through my head!
can't wait to see the results!

LOL quite often Dori comes to visit me also "just keep walking, just keep walking"

Hey hon, its been a while since I have had the chance to catch up with your blog and loving the new look. Also just want to say how much you inspire me to do better, and keep going no matter what. Your renewed foucus and energy is catching so now I am gonna dust the crumbs off my chest and start again! Big hugs and thank yous!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??