« Home | Weigh in - Challenge W2 » | Me Sore » | Who needs an ipod anyway? » | Planning is my key » | Weigh in - Challenge W1 » | M's Recipes » | It's too good to be true » | Virtual Model » | Energy » | Recipe - Creamy Bacon & Pumpkin Soup »

Recipe - Spinach and Pumpkin Curry

Serves 4 @ 0 point per serve

Ingredients

2 medium onions, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1/2 tsp minced chilli
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1kg pumpkin, peeled, cut into small pieces
1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp vegetarian stock
150g baby spinach, chopped coarsley
1/3 cup fresh coriander
1 tbs flaked almonds, toasted

Method

  1. Coat a pan with cooking spray, heat and add the onion. Cook, stirring until softened. Stir in the garlic, ginger, chilli, coriander, cumin, turmeric. Stir for 30 seconds.
  2. Add the pumpkin, water and stock. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Stir in the spinach and coriander. Cook, stirring until spinach has just wilted.
  3. Just before serving, sprinkle with the almonds.

My comments

As a meal on its own it is very light and great for those days / weekends when you have over indulged a bit. By adding cous-cous or rice (make sure you add appropriate points) it becomes a very filling meal. I always forget to add the almonds, and feel it does not suffer for it. I added cauliflower into the recipe this time and thought it was a great filler.

Credits

Recipe taken from Weight Watchers Hong Kong site and modified slightly by me.

I'll have to try the curry. I made your pumpkin and bacon soup and that was excellent :)

the curry sounds good, thanks for your comment, well done on the loss. im a bit the same on wednesdays i watch mcleods then prison break.
good luck with the start on the cto5k
fiona

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??