« Home | Back It Up » | Different Channels » | Recipe - Chicken & Mushroom Risotto » | Recipe - Spinach and Pumpkin Curry » | Weigh in - Challenge W2 » | Me Sore » | Who needs an ipod anyway? » | Planning is my key » | Weigh in - Challenge W1 » | M's Recipes »

Happy but sad

My Mum went home today and I am really sad. My heart hurts and I did a bit of 'feeling sorry for myself' eating when I came home from the airport. It wasn't too bad (2 x ww Divine Boysenberry Ice Creams, 2 x sakata mini packs, 1 x freddo frog) and then I had my dinner. I am feeling a bit ill at the moment but slowly drinking water hoping it will go away by the time I go to bed.

But I am happy too. Happy that Mum had a great time, happy that the boys reacted comfortably with her and the visit, happy that my laundry is now washed, dried, folded AND put in wardrobes!! Finding socks and undies has never been easier LOL. We have already had a webcam call tonight so that was a nice way to catch up. But now that she has gone I can focus on setting up my equipment and room for my challenge and getting all my program worked out. I think it is good that I have something to focus on.

So back to playing with Blogger to see if I can set up tables and the information for my training program. And planning to go to bed early so I can get a good nights sleep before a good walk in the morning. So I shall take today as it was, and plan to do better tomorrow :D

Oh, and yes I bought a bikini. I tried on 6 pairs of speedo's and ended up buying a very simple pair in navy. Boyleg pants with a little retro patterned belt thing, and a top that ties up at the back and at the top. The clip ones were a little too snug in a size 12 and as I am unsure whether my ribcage will lessen in size anymore I did not want to be stuck with bathers that I would never wear. So these will suit me fine and I can just keep tightening them up as I get smaller. They are a size 12 and whilst I would be very uncomfortable wearing them in public, they actually don't look that bad. I will be taking photo's on Sunday night but will not be posting them until the end of the challenge when I hope to have a succession to show visible improvements. I have found a picture of the style but in a different colour - and on a much fitter body ;D



Trackback - 12th May
Points: 25.5
SP: 10!
Exercise: None

Trackback - 11th May
Points: 19.5
SP: 6
Exercise: 1hr walk in the foothills (hard - and hilly!)

Hey my friend - I know exactly how you are feeling having been through the same separation myself - just to let you know that I am thinking of you and sending lots of hugs your way.
Hope the three of you have a fantastic time tomorrow and good luck with the extra weight !!! Will be thinking of you while I am sitting at softball reading my book - I suppose I could always put my runners on and walk the morning away !!! Actually - that might not be the worst idea I have come up with lately !!! Thanks for making me think of it.
Anyway, have a great time -enjoy the races and catch up with you again soon !
Lotsa hugs
Me

It always saddens me to leave my my Mum or when my Mum has to go back to Adelaide. I get used to her being part of my daily life again and then it's another four-six months before I see her again *sigh*. Big hugs coming out your way!

I like the bikini a lot, by the way! I've got a fantastic bikini that I love wearing and have worn in public numerous times but I couldn't ever have a photograph of myself in it, not until I hit 70 and certain bits of me have firmed up. I fear if I ever saw photographic evidence of me wearing the bikini now, I would burn the bikini in an instant.

I understand feeling sad missing your mum, My mum is about 500km away & now that the influx of 21sts has died down, we go home bout twice a year, which is not enough for me :( however now the influx of engagements & babies is starting - it might become more regular :)
so big hugs your way - & hey, don't think that comfort eating was too bad at all.

That is a very cute bikini, i love the retro belted shorts, always reminds me of Halle berry coming out of the water in that belted orange bikini in james bond.
u may have a bod like that at the end of your challenge ;)

Hope u have a lovely weekend M, u deserve it :)

very sexy bikini cant wait to see ya in them

The webcam sounds like a great idea! And the bikini is very cute! Good luck with the challenge!

Glad you had a nice time with your Mum.
Bathers look gorgeous! Very nice style. Good luck with your new challenge.

Your togs look great!! I love the belt bit - very cute - I can see how nice they will look in the blue too.

I'm glad you had a nice time with your Mum, but yeah it must be v sad to see her go. Hope you got lots of photos for your boys - I'm sure they will remember this fun time they spent with her :-)

Sorry to hear that you're sad, but it's definitely good that you are also happy.

And I'm supposed to be a 'writer'. Sheesh.

Love the bikini, wish I had the body to go with them though!!
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Bri

It's really nice to know that your mum's visit went so well and great for the boys too, as well as you :-)

I LOVE the bikini. That's something I would go for as well in style. I reckon it'd look great on you! I can't wait to see before and after shots and I have a feeling that won't be long.

Have a great Sunday M!

That's so exciting about the bikini! Good for you!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??