« Home | Recipe - Creamy Bacon & Pumpkin Soup » | Recipe - Mixed Berry & Apple Strudel » | Fear » | Simple Things » | Expo Expose » | Happy Birthday Mum » | Monday on my mind » | Clippings » | A leap of faith » | I am Globally Challenged »

Energy

It has been a long time since I could honestly say that I had a lot of energy during the day. The sort of energy that lasts through the dinner/bath/bed routine of the kids and keeps going to allow me to get the house in order before bed. Well during the last couple of days my energy has returned. And I feel like I am positively bouncing around at the moment. And it feels GREAT!

It is easier to get up in the morning. It is easier to focus and make dinner and not pick. It is easier to get those horrid tasks finished today rather than leaving them for tomorrow. It is easier to just put my shoes on and move. I don't know what it is. Whether it is the renewed focus, the good food I am having, the lack of junky food, or the Blackmores Sugar Balance I am trialling, but whatever the cause I am happy for it to continue. I can't remember the last time I was so organised to the point of cooking dinner last night, having dessert (fantastic Mixed Berry & Apple Strudel), and having dinner reading for the next couple of nights as well. We will be having Creamy Bacon & Pumpkin Soup tonight which is an absolute winner on these cold nights. I know I had a day off tomorrow, and one today, and this does make it easier to plan and to get things done, but I am hoping I can keep it going during the rest of the working week too.

Today I am having off to finish up all the laundry and finally get the clean clothes in the wardrobes. I need to clear them all off the spare bed because my Mum is coming to visit us tomorrow and will stay for a couple of weeks. I am so excited. I haven't seen her since Christmas and it will be great to be able to catch up and just hang out together for a while. She will be spending a few days with her very good friend in Emu Plains who flew over to spend a few weeks with Mum when she was recovering in hospital and I think Mum is really excited that she still has the opportunity to come over and spend some time with her too.

So all good things happening here. It is 11:35am and I have been for a 4km walk, I have cooked, I have cleaned and I am going to make myself a delicious lunch (mountain bread wrap with ww cream cheese, smoked salmon, lettuce, cucumber, tomato) and enjoy the next hour in front of the pc reading blogs until I get back into my chores. :D

Glad to see you made the change to your blog - hope this helps you to stay focused.
You have some amazing posts here (just read via Bloglines) - we do all go through that stage of thinking "This little extra will be OK for me" and if you aren't careful it can get out of hand - good for you for pulling it back into line and coming up with a plan to keep moving forward.
I know how much you are going to enjoy having your Mom to stay - you will be able to keep on the good and healthy track because you know that is what she needs too.
The soup sounds delicious and I am going to try to make some for our family - am not sure how serving only soup and fresh bread for dinner will go down but will give it a bash !!
I know you can do this and that together we can do ANYTHING !
Good luck and keep focussed on what you want to achieve.
Talk to you soon !
Me

Yay for feeling good and energised! There is nothing like that feeling of being able to do everything with gusto. I'm waiting for my big energy burst that will come with giving birth, everything just seems so much easier without the baby in your belly - I can't wait!

Yay for your Mum coming to stay - how exciting for you and your kids especially :-)

Love the new blog ..you are sounding great!!
I brought those sugar balance tabs - but have not tried them yet!
I have just copied out that recipe, sounds yum - shopping day is tommorrow, so I might have it for tea!
Have a great time catching up with your Mum:)

Wow, can you share some of that energy around? You really are bouncing back.

The soup sounds heaven.

Oooh, look - the old Marg is back! The one we first met here - energetic, motivated, inspiring. Nice to see you.

What exciting news that your Mum is coming to stay - that's going to be so cool. My Mum always reckons she enjoys seeing her grandchildren in their own setting (sounds like some sort of odd native lizard!), because they are so much more settled and comfortable.

I've had a couple of days away so have only just caught up on your entries.

First of all it's so good that you mum is going well with her treatment. She sounds as if she has a great attitude:) Also good news that you will have her to visit.

Have a great week:)

Love seeing and hearing you all fired up and back into it. So easy to start to let slide and slip back into the not so good patterns - but you are raring to go once more. Will be reading more to keep my motivation going.

love the new look website :) Good to have change... Im trying to find one that suits me but not having much luck!
Glad your energy levels have increased :) The feeling is great isn't it? You feel like your on energiser batteries :)

The one thing that I am really looking forward to after I have the baby is getting back into a very very strict routine not only with food but also with exercise. I know I can exercise at the moment but the level at which I exercise must be kept down which I totally understand and respect. However, I was really enjoying the beading sweat and the feeling of a really good workout I was achieving before I fell pregnant and I'm really looking forward to doing it all again.

Glad to hear your Mum is coming for a visit. It will be so nice to have her around and be a part of your everyday lives.

Take care. XX

How lovely that your Mum is coming to visit. Have a very special time with her.

Wow, you do sound energetic and highly organised. Fantastic!

Look at this - love the new look blog!!

I haven't tried the pumpkin soup, but I have tried the strudel - that was a real favourite for me last winter!! So yummy!!

And I love that I'm in the maintaining section now *big grin* Hope you have a great day getting every thing done, and enjoy the time with your mum!!

Feeling energised is great!!!! sounds like you have been very cooking, those recipies sound delicious & I really think I'm going to have to try that creamy pumpkin & bacon soup!
I'm so glad you get to spend some time with your lovely mother! hope u enjoy her stay :)

you are in such a great space now, i hope it lasts as long as you need it to :) thanks for your insight to my post yesterday, its really appreciated M. you were right on!

I hope you have a lovely time with your Mum coming to stay. Enjoy every minute as i'm sure you will. The boys will love having her there too.
I am really keen to try those Blackmores tablets. Linda was telling me that you were taking them and reaping the benefits. Think i'll get some tomorrow, i'm having a thing with sugar at the moment!
Hope you're having a relaxing week.
Bri

Can I please have some of that energy you're talking about M!!

I love to know more about this energy. What is it made of? Can you bottle it? Can we buy it? I bet you're gonna say...you have to work for it and get it your damn self! ;-) It's great to read a post like this because it rubs off on me too. Mmm, mixed berry and apple strudel, yummo.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??