« Home | Virtual Model » | Energy » | Recipe - Creamy Bacon & Pumpkin Soup » | Recipe - Mixed Berry & Apple Strudel » | Fear » | Simple Things » | Expo Expose » | Happy Birthday Mum » | Monday on my mind » | Clippings »

It's too good to be true

I've often heard the saying "If it's too good to be true - it probably is" and have it built into me to avoid at all costs things that fall under this umbrella. Things like magic diet potions that can turn you from your normal, albiet overweight, self into Elle McPhearson in 5 days with no dieting and exercise. These things still turn my head, and I read all the ads, spam, literature that comes across my desk, but my brain and my heart now understand this is false and I just won't buy into it.

However there are some things that probably fall into the catagory of 'Used To Be' too good to be true that are now coming true and I am finding it hard to break through and accept that I am allowed to have all these things - AT THE SAME TIME.

I am allowed to:
be free of back pain
fit into nice clothes
to enjoy my food
have treats
say no to chocolate
say yes to chocolate
enjoy exercise
have off days
have fantastic days
look good for my age
look good for ANY age
be sexy
be daggy
be myself.

I am taking it one day at a time but I do believe I can have it all. :D

Trackback - 27th April
Points: 22.5
SP: 2
Exercise: None


As a side, my Mum said I was looking 'hip' this morning (do people still use that term LOL) I am wearing my boots (yaaay finally it is cold enough), my black jeans, a black high neck knit top, and over the top of it all my retro type print wrap dress that I bought at TEMT with Mary. Even though wearing dresses over jeans is just, like, so 2004, I seriously think it looks good ;) Wish I had a camera.

I really love this post M. We can do it all at the same time and I think what we have learnt now is that it's about moderation. That's the tricky part though but we will get better at it :-)

So when are you buying that camera? That dress was really cool. I want to go back and get the green/black tigery print one! Have a great day with your gorgeous mum.

x

I also wish you had a camera - how can you tell us everything you are wearing and then leave it up to our imagination ????
You are right - it is about getting the balance right (wish I was a little better at that right now !!)
Hope your Mom has a fantastic visit with all of you. Take care and have a great day !
Me

Yep, that sounds like one hip outfit!

And you are too good to be true yourself :)

That does sound hip and gorgeous! Yes, I want a photo too!
Yay for all those things you can do and have NOW and FOREVER.

I love that list!!!

Hope you are having a great time with your Mum:)

I agree with everyone else. Luv the list (yay, another list person) and when can we expect a photo of you in this new outfit? Have a good visit with your Mum.
:o)

Mary is a TEMT addict. I think I spend more time hovering around TEMT than I do in bookstores.

But for some reason, I just can't go in. I think there's a selective forcefield around the place.

Enjoy your hipness! Hips are good.

Older people have such wonderful sayings don't they. Just be thankful that your mum doesn't use the phrase "don't you look spoofy" like my mum does!!! XX

We can have it all, if we want it!!!

I am a complete believer in the key to my journey is organisation and moderation!

Love that post... thing do mappen.. because me make them happen...
Have a great day "hip - mum"

Great post M, and I love that list. It is a shame that you don't have a camera I would have loved to see the outfit. It does sound very 'hip'!

I wish you had a camera too! I'm not planning to climb a mountain (your comment on my post) but there is a half-marathon at the end of June that's being given serious consideration. As a walk, not a run - I'm fit, but not mad!

I love your list and please dont tell me that dresses over jeans are 2004.... I am such a dag! Have a fantastic weekend xx (Maybe we need to take up a bloggers collection and get you and Kathryn digi cameras... and then we could all save and by me a new car.. anyone else want something haha??)

Dammit M I wish you had a camera too! Shame I missed you at fitness expo! You will definitely have to put that pack you got to good use. Give the guys a call and they'll even talk you through it all.

Great post btw Choices!

You can have it all! Love your post. Love your mum telling you you look 'hip'. Especially love the list:)

aww id love to see a photo too it sounds fabulous! and hey 2004 or not, women still do it here all the time and you're right, it DOES look good :D
such a wonderful post, i needed that reminder about now. have it all, why not? :) happy day chica

I wish you had a camera too, if enough of us wish, surely it will come true! Have a great time with your Mum.
Bri

i think that sounds very trendy!
fantastic list, its amazing how things change throughout a weight loss journey!
have a lovely wknd with mum!

Great post! And I think (I could be wrong though) that dresses over pants is totally back in -all the stars wear it anyway!

Here, here! Excellent post M. So, what's the moral of this story? Make as many categories as you need to or don't pigeonhole anything?

As for this not having a camera business - why not?! If not to show us your stylish self, then so your kids don't think they're unloved. I once convinced my younger brother that he was adopted as there are far less photos of him than my far superior and much loved self ;op.

ohhhhh you do sound "hip" m'dear!

I wear dress like this with jeans...of course part of why I do this is cos the dress is knee high and I would not bear my calves that much...but the bigger part is that I just like this style!

Im getting so much energy from your posts lately...thank you!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??