« Home | 2006 Kick Off » | Weigh in - 2006/01 » | 2005 Wrap up » | Weigh in - 36 » | The Proof :D » | Out on a School Night ! » | Summer Time » | Short. Sharp. Shiny. » | Weigh in - 35 » | Licence to Shop »

What comes down..

Must go up..

And this is what I have loved most of all this summer. As my weight has gone down, my tan lines have gone up. Last summer I had the traditional truckie tan. Elbows down and v-neck up. Everywhere else was snowy white. Well this year I actually have bather tan lines (which I tried to cover up today with a spot of backless tanning on the deck). I feel healthier, fitter, leaner. I wear sunscreen but as I tend to be out a lot more in the heat than I used to I am picking up a lot more incidental sun. I wear singlets, and today I wore shorts. In public. And not just on the beach kind of public. I wore my board shorts to do a bit of shopping and pick the boys up in. I actually don't hate my legs much any more. I still don't love my knees or thighs but I at least respect them for what they are now LOL.

Last day of leave tomorrow. I have culled the toys. I have changed the boys rooms. I have had a couple of sleep in's. Just have to finish the washing, and unpacking (damn I was going to have it all done in one day this time!) and I should even have time to paint my toe nails before the boys come home. Black of course :D

ohhhhhhh tan!
I want summer too!!!!!
A suggestion...try a french manicure on your toes...with just clear base on, nothing creamy or pinky on top...it will make your legs look so much more tanned!

Woo-hoo for tan lines!! Well done to you for such a milestone.

For the first time EVER (and I do mean EVER!!!!!) I am currently sporting a bikini tan - would never have dreamed this possible a year ago, so just imagine where you will be next summer :-)

That is a real milestone for you - and as Emily said - imagine next summer!

Yay for boardies! They're my new love for this summer - along with Jean Jones singlets.

I love shorts this summer too!

My friend had her toe nails french manicured yesterday and they looked terrific.

I can not go out of the house without my toe nail polished!

definitely hope you painted those nails to match the tan. And shorts as well. Bet you look stunning and confident and no way an old fatty scared of her figure. You have come a long way M.

oh no not the shorts in public, good on ya.

I still cant do the shorts, but I am happy to do short skirts - they are my saviour this summer! I havent made it to the beach much this summer (trying not to overheat) but I'm normally a tanning demon!
I must get myself some shorts.....
have fun at work tomorrow!
vx

Enjoy your last day of holiday. Hoorah with being comfortable enough with yourself to go out in boardies - that is great !
Have a great week and take care - Me

Definately - Amazing the bigger we are the more we feel the heat yet the more we cover up due to severe self awareness, now thinner wearing less clothes and feeling the heat less. I actually find days of 30+ degrees far more bearable now than I did 30+kg's ago! XX

LOL at your "truckie tan", that's what I've got. Hoping to fix that tho - I want to be like you!

Go You!! And you should be showing off in togs too!!!
As for all the stuff you have done since being home - man what a legend!!!

I know what you mean about tanning. I used to have truckie tans as well, now my whole arms are the same colour (shock horror). My belly is still lily white but I am working on my legs as well and they are certainly not as white as what they were. Hooray for being able to wear more summery clothes!

Yep, I know what you mean about the tanning too. Although I am being a lot more game this summer by wearing spaghetti strap tops even though I have bat wings.,..LOL

thanks for visiting my blog - another fellow black nail polish wearer... Enjoy your last day of holidays. (I've got 2 more)

I have noticed the same thing - I too am tanned in places that had previously never seen the light of day!!

LOL at truckie tan - in my family we call them "farmer arms"!!

Enjoy your last few days of freedom before heading back to work xxx

I'm still using tan in a bottle, how embarrasment!! Maybe next year?
Bri

Welcome home M. Happy new year to you and your family. Been a great time off for reflecting on things. Know the feeling. Peace is a wonderful thing. Look forward on the coming year and knowing our dreams will come to fruition. Signing off for now.... till next time,

I have the truckie tan ... and I am wearing tops with no sleeves - IN PUBLIC!

How do you get the Walking With Attitude code to put in your template?

Hope the last day of your holidays is restful. Paint those toenails, tan that bod, and wear those shorts!

Have fun M.
Jods.

I too have extra places tanned!! I can't wait to get a bikini tan next year like emily!!

Hehe...now you've conquered the singlet, you're doing shorts, whoot!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??