« Home | 2005 Wrap up » | Weigh in - 36 » | The Proof :D » | Out on a School Night ! » | Summer Time » | Short. Sharp. Shiny. » | Weigh in - 35 » | Licence to Shop » | Early Minute Ramble » | Snap Snap »

Weigh in - 2006/01

Today is the day. My first step to continuing my journey. The scales this morning have been a lot kinder than I expected them to be. So much so that I got out my 5kg hand weights and double checked the scales. They are right. So I am happy to report that I start this year with a beginning weight of 77.8kgs which is only 0.8 higher than what I finished last year on. My goal is still the same so only 9.8kgs to go till I begin my maintenance program. I can't wait :D

I have taken my measurements too and the starting ones for this year are below. Some are slightly higher than I ended the year off last year but this is the starting point for now.

Body BitaaaApr/2005(cm)aaaJan/2006 (cm)aaaDifference (cm)
Neck35341
Upper Arm (R)33.5 294.5
Bust1149618
Waist96 8313
Hips124.510420.5
Butt120 10713
Thigh (R)71.558.513
Calf (R)43 376
89 cms

This means that last year I lost a total of 89 cms from around these 7 points. This year the number will not be as high but even 5cms is going to make a huge difference to the fit of my clothes and the confidence in which I will wear them.

This week will be all about back to basics for me.

Tracking daily
Drinking water
Adding back the fresh vege's and salads
Cutting back the sugar
And walking
And walking
And walking some more LOL

I go back to work on Thursday so have 3 blissful days by myself. I will use them wisely.

I will catch up on blogs (and try not to take the whole 3 days doing it!)
I will do another toy cull and put all the Christmas toys in their places.
I will move the boys into one bedroom and make one room a toy / playroom. This will solve my sanity problem of having toys spread all over the house. At least now I can begin to teach the golden rules of tidying up toys to the boys (wish me luck LOL)
And many more things



During my time away I chose to spend the evenings with Mum and family rather than shut myself away with the p.c.(and no - Santa did not deliver a laptop - I am now working on the Easter Bunny) But on the few occassions that I checked my emails I was blown away by the comments you guys had left. Either on my blog or directly on email. This made it easier to say no to the extra slice of Christmas cake, or to have half glasses of wine instead of full ones. Part of me wishes I could have kept up with the blogs, and sent emails but I know that I spent my time the way I needed to. Thank you and a Happy New Year to us all. It is going to be a GREAT one.

So glad you are back. You did well to only put on 800g in that whole time. I hear the Easter Bunny is already lurking in stores so go for it! Missed you.
:o)

Yay, you're back!!! Woo Hoo!!!!! Welcome back M. I really missed you!!!!!
Congratulations on your tiny gain over Christmas - what a great effort. I've gone back to basics too, and it sure worked for me this week - I lost 1.9! Yay me. I'm sooooo glad you're back, yay yippee, yahooooo!! (*dances around the room, punching the air*).
Bri

Welcome back!! So glad your time away was not taken advantage of and we totally understand why blogging was not high on your list of priorities during this time.

Well done on the small gain over that time. Especially since you were away for all of that! Great to have you back though. We all missed you! XX

We moved to the - one room a bedroom one room a toyroom - a few months ago. Getting them to go to sleep can be a bit of a pain, but the no mess factor is fabulous!

Welcome back EM!!! Glad you are OK. Well done on the tiny, tiny gain. You have done really well. I am looking forward to a great 2006 for us all too!

You have been away so long I have forgotten your name! (Not really, it is just my old brain and I was excited to see you back) Welcome Back "M"!

You were right to spend that time with your mum and family. We will always be here when you have time so don't worry about that.

LOL @ Suzy, she's not so silly, just using phonetics!

I am so sorry I didn't respond to this post - didn't even see it - but what a post it is. I think you're a fabulous player at this weight loss game, but not even I could have imagined such great results after so long away - you're a champion! It's also great practise for living a more "normal" life. While you will never have the habits you used to, you can clearly manage to relax the boundaries without giving in altogether.

Got a giggle from your getting weights to check the scales (I actually pictured you feeling under your bed and then remembering they were in the bottom of the wardrobe - am I way off?).

Measurements are fantastic and they're really what it's all about. These are the same places I measure, but I wonder what's "officially" included when it is said that "so-and-so lost 100cm off her while body" - any ideas?? I thought your arms looked brilliant at the Xmas do and was secretly hoping that you used to own thigh-arms like mine...sadly, you never did ;o)

There's not long to go now... Xmas was a huge minefield and after getting through unscathed I am sure goal will be yours in the not too distant future. Can you smell it yet??

Well done on your holiday gain - so tiny!! Reflection is always a great thing, and it has clarified so many things for you. I've just read your last two posts and thought of so many things to say, but I can't remember!!

2006 is going to be a great year for you, and I'm looking forward to continuing the journey alongside you, and drawing inspiration off you like last year :-)

Welcome back :o)

welcome back and happy new year. only 800grams gained not too bad considering it was Xmas.
good luck with your missions this year. have a good week
fiona

wow 800 grams over xmas you are a legend. Good on you for spending time with your family I am sure they really loved your attention, although we missed you here and glad to see you back. Awsome measurement result, what a difference.
Take care

happy new year! them's some impressive stats you have there :) woohoo!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??