« Home | Short. Sharp. Shiny. » | Weigh in - 35 » | Licence to Shop » | Early Minute Ramble » | Snap Snap » | How much is 20kgs worth? » | Hee Hee Hee » | Better Space » | Weigh in - 34 » | Krazy Kris »

Summer Time

And it is time to refresh the blog. I would like to say a huge thanks to Tina who has both inspired me and helped me to work out how to update my header. Pretty flash huh :D It may all need a little tweaking as I got a bit carried away and now I don't really remember where I made changes. Ooops.

Today it got to 40 degrees (that's over 100F in the old language) in the city and even now, past 8.00pm it is still 37 degrees. Summer is here with a vengence. And today the January issue of the Notebook Magazine was released and like my blog it is covered in shades of orange and pink. How co-incidental. I like this magazine. It has not got one celebrity in it. No one is too thin. Too fat. Too rich. Too botoxed. It is a great read that covers a miriad of subjects. One of the great things in it today, I have taken a part of to be my Quote/Affirmation of the Week. The rest of it goes like this

"Lines in the Sand (following on from my sidebar) ...How often have you heard 'yes' come from your mouth, even as you thought 'no'? It's not about being mean or negative; it's about knowing how much you can handle and finding a way to live with that. Don't let being the person you want to be turn into the treadmill of doing it all. Your energy and peace of mind are precious - use them well and watch your life flourish"
This past year has been all about me finding a way to incorporate a healthy lifestyle in with a family lifestyle. It has been about me finding a balance in my life that has allowed ME to be a part of it. Not Mummy. Not Wife. Not Daughter. Even though all these things are integral parts of who I am it is now great that there is a bit just called M. The year ahead will build on this. Like the article above I am going to draw some lines in the sand. I am going to accept and understand that I don't have to do it all. It makes me no less a human, no less a woman, if I admit that I can't do it all. I will learn to make decisions about what I can do, what I will give others to do, and what I will decide doesn't need doing at all. It will be a great year. And I am excited about it.

Tomorrow is my work Christmas Lunch. I have the batteries charged, the camera is empty and I am planning to fill it up (it only takes 11 photos !!) Everything is paid for. We have over $500 on the bar, 20 people going, so it should be an absolute hum-dinger. I hope I win a prize ;D

Tonight I am working on the scrapbooking project. It is going well - albiet slowly. I need to learn a few tricks and shortcuts but this will be a plan for next year. I accept that I don't need to know all the ins and outs for this project. The point here is to get it done..

Just catching up...been so busy at work that I haven't been able to read blogs at all!!

Congrats on the weight loss, congrats that you've finished all your Xmas shopping, and congrats on getting into the size 12 clothes.

Hope your xmas party goes well too.

Have fun bowling tomorrow. Get a few strikes for me.

BTW I really like the new layout of the blog. Very pretty! XX

Nice blog girl!

Still hot up your way by the look of your weather woman. Keep up the good work :)

Blog's looking pretty cool, M...great job!
It's still hot here too down the south coast...although it seems to be a little cooler outside than it is inside. I'd be sitting out there if it weren't for the mozzies and the christmas beetles (I despise christmas beetles...hate how they fly right at you.,..lol)
Hope your christmas lunch is a good one! Take care!

M, I love the blog makeover! It's just gorgeous!

Great new look - so fresh.

I think the hardest thing is not saying no but realising what you are getting into some times. It can be easy to take on a project thinking it won't be much effort then finding out once you are entrenched that it's huge.

love the new look!! fabulous :)

Gorgeous! Love the new blog, it looks great! Wow that is just too hot - I'm barely coping with 24 or 25!!
Enjoy your christmas lunch!

Lovely new-look blog!

I hate being the spoiler, but (on my screen at least) your profile & info on the right has all disappeared to the very bottom of the page. This happened on mine once before, and it was because SOMETHING in my content was a few pixels too wide...

Enjoy the chrissy lunch, hope Santa brings you a new memory card that can hold a few more pics :-)

I love your new look but I especially love your statement about finding the M that is not a wife or mother. That is exactly what I have been trying to do this year. We will continue our journey of discovery next year. Have a good week.

Your blog has a scrapbooking feel to it... very funky... You have found the "M" - just keep it there:)

No dancing on the tables at the christmas party - you hear....

Thats a fairly decent sized bar tab for 20. An awful lot of fun - or trouble, lol. Enjoy your party.

Glad you found you too. A lot of people forget to look after themselves and lose their own identities. It's a sad thing but when they realise it they have forgotten "who" they were in the first place.

Have fun bowling, can't wait to see the pics.
Bri

new blog is amazing! looks fab! hope u enjoy the work lunch and you are handling the heat ok! i'm finding 30 hot!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new header! It is so personalised and funky and truly represents what you are talking about in your post - emphasising you as YOU, not wife, mother, daughter. So often we neglet to remember that we are still our own person. I truly believe we are never as happy as when we embrace who we are first and then this happiness is easier to share with those we love around us. I can feel such a new burst of energy on your blog and through your post - it is really great!

Thank you for your support also and your inspiration :-)

OMG sometimes I wonder if we are the same person or that we were separated at birth he he he.

I LOVEEEEEE The Notebook Magazine and cherish every moment of it. It is different and beautiful and can't wait for the new month to be out in New Zealand. I also go to their website and check things out too he he he

LOVE the new website my friend it is fab... You did a great job on the header that is for sure.

I am going to give mine a new look when I reach my 30 kilos he he he.

The quote is so what I have been doing with my life lately. I have been trying to please everyone and forgetting that I have to please me sometimes as I cannot fit everything and everyone in my life sometimes I have to be a little selfish.

Thank you for a wonderful post.

Love ya

Chubbymum

Wooooo, too hot for me! Some lovely thoughts in your post today. And the new header is great!

Love the new look!!
Hope you had a great time at the work do:)

I got my copy of Notebook a couple of days ago in the post and I was drawn to "Lines in the Sand" too. Made a mental note about mentally digesting what it says to do at a later less stressful date. Love your new look - very modern and reflects your changes on your journey too. Have a great Christmas party - Im sure you will stun everyone. Hope there is another uptodate photo of you in those 11 photos.
:o)

I just happened to come across the magazine about a week ago and will be looking forward to Jan's one!

What a thoughful, insipring M and also love the new look:)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??