« Home | Shenanigans » | Weigh in - 33 » | Sunset Scraps » | 12 Things » | Now for something completely different » | What kind of writer am I? » | There's something in the air tonight » | Weigh in - 32 » | Mouthing Off » | My straight hair »

Krazy Kris

And I don't mean blogger Kris either LOL.

Each year at Christmas we have a Kris Kringle in our office. It is low value, $10.00, and it is not mandatory so people put forward their interest to go in it. We had a high intake this year 21 from a possible 23. The names have been distributed and we have just shy of 2 weeks to purchase our gifts and leave them under the tree.

And as a sidenote we lost our Christmas tree somewhere between our moves from Level 22 to Level 6 to Level 7 so in order to have somewhere to leave the gifts I blue-tacked some green tinsel in the shape of a tree on the wall and put a printed out angel on the top. Stunning !

So today someone left a gift. It was a stack of 6 boxes ranging in size from a large one at the bottom through to a small one at the top. It garnered a lot of interest. You see there was a twist put on Kris this year. We have to buy a gift that starts with the same letter as the first initial of the person we are buying for. For example. Lets say that I got someone whose name started with an 'M' (which I did and it wasn't me). I could, for example, fill up the boxes with a mini nail brush, a mud pack, some m&m's, a tin of mushrooms, some fake money, a pack of marshmallows and a really nice picture frame. Or in M speak a Memory Holder. LOL. But everyone is now convinced that as the boxes look like they cost $10 themselves that they are actually the gift. Many boxes. How funny. By the time I left tonight two other gifts had joined it. It is all getting very exciting.

I am rushed off my feet at the moment. Sometimes, all the time, I think I bite off more than I can chew and I have to rush around to make sure everything gets done on time. This is one of those times. So if I don't come on for a day or two, or three, don't worry. I am just making sure that I have everything ready before we go and that the house is left in a really good condition so that when we return it greets us happily. Housework has been slipping lately and I really have to focus on that as well as work and Christmas preparations.

Tomorrow we are going to visit Santa in his Magic Cave at DJ's in the city. We have lived in Sydney for 5.5 years and this will be my first visit. I am so excited. I mean, the kids are so excited. We get to see the window displays, and line up and have our photo's taken. Ahhhh Christmas with children is so much fun. The joy, the wonder, the belief. The belief is what I love the most.

And even though I am 37.

I still believe. :D

So do I!

There seems to be magic in the very word "Christmas", to paraphrase Charles Dickens.

I went and saw DJ's santaland when I was in Sydney a few weeks before Christmas last year. I couldn't help but feel how wonderful it would be if I was still a kid! My friend and I were going to have a picture with Santa, but we decided to go to Krispy Kreme's instead!! LOL

Hope you have a magical weekend!

I envy you the excitement that comes of spending christmas season in anticipation in the eyes of children. Hope you get everything done , I know the feeling of having to many thingsto get done with a deadline looming! Then you can enjoy the time with your family.

It is so great that you enjoy making Christmas plans even though you are so busy.

I absolutely love Christmas. It is fun for me with my grandchildren and my grown-up children too. I always have loved Christmas though, even when I was working and had young children too.

Have fun visiting Santa with your children tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing some photos.

I am sure Santa is going to be very pleased with us all this year when we sit on his knee and he realises how much lighter we are than last Christmas!!!!

You have to believe in Santa if you want him to visit you! That's what my Mum still says every year, and it's true in a way, because if you believe, then it's true for you :-) (Kinda like religion, in my humble opinion).
Have a lovely weekend! It's not even December yet and our lives are being taken over by christmas, isn't it fun?!!

I LOVE Christmas! I've already starting decorating our home...and hubby just keeps shaking his head...LOL

Enjoy visiting Santa!

We have started putting some lights up outside - I think hubby is ejoying it more than the kids this year..lol

I think your fabulous xmas attitude must make it so awesome for your children :)
At my previous job we did Kris Kringle (or secret santa) & at this job too.

So heres the funny story(& sorry this will be a little long). I seem to atrract edible body parts!
the second year at my first job, I was 19, single & received a chocolate penis. Now I think the reason I got this was to see how red my face could go in front of the firm partners. So the next year, it seemed to be the done thing to buy Katie a chocolate penis so i got one again. Last xmas 400kms away & in my new job, I received a courier package from my old workmates - a chocolate penis....
Then at my new job, we had a baby photo competition on the same day that we did the secret santa. Mum had done a wonderful photo for me - I was about 15 months old & it was more of a portrait shot so it was a head & bare shoulders cut off just above the nipples. It was also black & white so it really threw people - they thought it was old & didnt know whether it was a boy or girl! anyway, a few people guessed pretty easily & one of the girls made the comment in front of several people that it looked like i had no nipples! So for the secret santa i got a a tin of peppermint nipples with the note attached, to the girl who was born without them, merry xmas :)
LOL

I LOVE all things Christmas. Mum and I are going to go into the city soon and see the Myer Christmas windows here in Melbourne which is a huge tradition! I LOVE the windows.

I think I am going to have my photo taken with Santa this year too - I want to compare it to a photo I take next year with Santa and see where I have been and where I am!

what a fun gift idea! enjoy the magic santa cave :D

My daughter is really scared of Santa and refuses to go anywhere near them, so I have no photos of her with him.

Even yesterday when we were out shopping, one came up to her with a bag of lollies, but she just wasn't having any of it and hid behind me cowering!!

Hope you had a great time.

Like Jaykay's daughter, my son was terrified of Santa. So one year I took him along to Myer and he just hid behind me. The pervy old Santa told him that Mummy would sit on his knee to show him it wasn't scary!!!

It was one of the most embarassing moments of my life. If I refused then my son would have felt justified in being afraid (and at that moment I didn't really blame him) so I had to climb on Santa's lap in front of a huge queue of people. Damn Santa.

Christmas can get really hectice, but it's such a fun time of year!

I'm not a fan of Christmas but now that DS is getting older i'm sure it will return to being a very exciting time of year for us. I too believe in Santa Clause, but I don't think he believes in me!
Bri

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??