« Home | Weigh in - 34 » | Krazy Kris » | Shenanigans » | Weigh in - 33 » | Sunset Scraps » | 12 Things » | Now for something completely different » | What kind of writer am I? » | There's something in the air tonight » | Weigh in - 32 »

Better Space

This morning I was so undecided about whether I would even admit that I had a gain. I was considering doing a no-weigh AFTER I had weighed myself just so I would not have to write down the words and the numbers. But I am so glad that I did. Yes my ego took a bit of a beating, and yes I feel like a bit of an idiot, but at the same time I feel great that I had all those feelings and still went through and admitted to myself that the gain was there. I know that by cheating I cheat no-one but myself but having the internet as a wall between me and another face would have made it very easy to fudge, or hide the truth. I don't need to do that.

So today, after receiving many wonderful comments and compliments and pieces of advice I have done the following:

Went to Myer and stocked up on new daily undies in a slightly smaller size than comfortable. This is where I am headed and having the reminder there everytime I move is incentive enough not to walk to the fridge or pantry or wherever. But it won't stop me walking or exercising!

I have drunk my water willingly and remember why I used to drink 3L a day. It feels great and fills me up.

The food I have eaten today has been healthy and it has been plentiful. But it has all been very low in points.

I have had an attitude readjustment.

I think that I had started thinking about this as a diet instead of a change of lifestyle and as soon as I did that rebellious M came out and said "you can't tell me what to do" and fought me every step of the way. Well I have put her back in her box and I have taken control again. Whilst in Myer I bought some green tinsel to make a tree at home like I did at work and at the checkout I bought 5 chocolate Santa's. They too are going to be stuck on the wall as decoration. I have thought about them a little today but there are still 5 chocolate Santa's and there will remain 5 until they are given to the boys. I am a strong, resourceful person and I just need to keep telling myself that. That doesn't mean that losing the gain will be easy but it will be easier than facing up to another gain. ;D



Even though I have not yet lost my 20kgs I am going to donate 20kgs of packaged food to the Wesley Mission collection at my work. I figured that the short walk from the shops back to work will be much easier on my back than the long walk I did last time. LOL. When I reach 20kgs proper I will do something at that time to mark the milestone too

Now this is the M we know and love! Good on you for turning this around, you rock, you really do!

and attitude adjustments are sometimes all we need. a little tweak here and there *oooh* :) it is always hard to admit a gain, especially after losing so much but we're all here to help you through, even the hard times. from the rumours, i think its called friendship ;)

Your attitude is to be commended!! I love the way you have turned something with the potential to be sooooo negative and find nothing but positive feedback from it. It is a true reflect on just how far you have come on this journey and I know that you will achieve your final goal. You have the knowledge, willpower and committment to be the best you can be. Thanks for being someone we all look towards for guidance, support & motivation. XX

Thank you sooo much for that lovely message in my blog. It's a hard time right now but I know my daughter is worried that she will hurt my feelings and I don't want her to think she is....even though she is...if you know what I mean

anyway...thank you...I really appreciate it :)

I love your idea to donate the 20kg though, hehehe I remember the story from last time too

Thanks for being so open about your gain. There must be something in the air because I seem to be eating constantly at the moment too.

i love the attitude, even though you have had a !@#$ (cant use the word - hehehe) your attitude has jumped back into action, you are such an inspiration M
fiona

You have the right attitude - this is a minor setback!! You have weighed in, now you are moving on:)

Good on you for having an attitude adjustment, for having smaller undies and for having 5 chocolate Santa's cruelly stuck to the wall!

You are going to back in the swing of it in no time!

xx

I'm so glad to see this entry. It would be soo easy to come on and no weigh or pretend everything went fine. the thought has crossed my mind before. But telling it like it is is always the best option. Well done on there still being 5 chocolate santas! thats awesome!!

Hey M

Thank you for your honesty, your post has inspired me to look at my actions and to adjust my attitude towards weight loss!
Speaking of buying smaller clothes, last year, I bought a pair of Calvin Klein curduroy jeans that I loved that didn't fit me but now fit me beautifully. My current incentive item is one of my wedding dresses (the one I got as an accident). I'm telling myself the moment I fit into that properly, the moment I can stop losing and start maintaining. I predict it's another 5 kilos between now and that moment.

Take care, and I hope you get a nice big loss again soon!

:) Sarah

You have a fantastic attitude and you are a real star!!!!

Congrats on your attitude adjustment...way to go, M! And donating 20kg of food to Wesley is an awesome and thoughtful idea. Good on you!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??