« Home | Mouthing Off » | My straight hair » | Oh what a day :) » | It's a Boy » | Today Is » | How Embarrassment » | Through the Looking Glass » | Weigh in - 31 » | Isn't this how it is done? » | Learning Phases »

Weigh in - 32

Whilst it is definitely a time saving measure not to lose any weight, saving me from having to change my ticker, stats, and progress meter, I would rather have the bother. As it is I am exactly the same as last week and the week before. 76kgs.

I think there was definitely reason not to lose this week. Firstly exercise. Whilst I had a very good week in regards to my Christmas Challenge passing my aim of 70,000 for the week the majority of these steps were incidental exercise. I have become very good at walking the long way round, walking instead of driving short distances, and adding in some movement during the evening where I would normally have sat on my tail. But there was only a little bit of red faced, sweaty, bust a gut exercise. Today I have already improved on this with a sweat inducing walk/jog on the treadmill. It felt really good and by the time I got back to the office my steps were already over 10,000. This is what will make the difference this week.

And secondly food. For the first time in what feels like a gazillion years I ate out 4 days last week. Tuesday night at flash restaurant, Thursday night at cafe, Friday at spa and Friday night we had pizza. I added in Gelati when we reached the wharf at Manly on Saturday and a burger for lunch (but to be fair I gave the bacon to DS1, didn't eat the roll, and didn't eat the chips). So all in all it was surpising that I didn't gain. To improve this area this week I have planned to succeed by doing the work grocery shopping this morning and re-stocking my cupboard and fridge as both had run bare. I am very happy with todays food (which I have listed below) and will aim to continue the balanced eating this week. One day at a time.


Breakfast
1.5 WW Tropicana
0.5 WW 2 fruits
1.0 200gm Nestle yoghurt
0.5 Blueberries
0.0 600ml d.v.coke

Snack
1.0 Macadamia Nuts
1.0 Apple

Lunch
0.0 Lettuce mix (pre-bagged from Coles) contains carrot, red cabbage, lettuce
0.0 Cherry tomatoes
0.0 Yellow tomotoes
0.0 Coriander
0.0 Mushrooms
0.0 Pickles
0.5 Pine Nuts
0.0 WW lemon pepper dressing.

1.5 4 cruskits
2.0 ww cream cheese
1.5 Smoked Salmon
0.0 Capers
0.0 Can d.coke

Snack
1.0 Banana
1.0 Nestle diet choc mousse
1.5 Sakata Chicken rice crackers

Dinner - haven't eaten yet
3.0 Grilled Fish
0.5 Sauteed Leeks
1.0 Boubon & d.coke

I am not always honest with myself in regards to the motivation and determination that I feel on this journey. It is always "best foot forward" and stumble through hoping that the motivation will catch up with me. And usually it does. I have been rebelling against myself in little ways and last night I had a good long think as I was folding up laundry (and by the way - does that ever stop!!) and realise that I am being childish. I need to go back to doing this one day at a time and not scaring myself off with making plans that I am having trouble sticking to. If I can do that, then I know the days will turn into weeks, all by themselves and hopefully take a few kilos away with it ;D

Note 1: Thank you so much for your compliments re the straight hair. I do love it but not the cost to maintain so should really set about having a love affair with my curly hair. Perhaps I should learn how to style it properly LOL. And re the last post. I may have been a little melodramatic but I have been known to run off at the mouth and I would hate to think that I would contribute to putting disharmony in this brilliant support group.

Note 2: Over the last couple of days I have seen that there are quite a few people in blogland, and on email, who have been affected by the deaths of young people. Either in their own family or children of close friends and workmates. I would like to pass on my heartfelt sympathies and please know you are in my thoughts.

M firstly I have never read anything you have written that anyone could take offence at.
Secondly-no loss sucks..and you are taking it on the chin and making plans to change things...good for you. I find that the interval walk/running we did on Drop a jeans challenge is a great workout. Good luck with this week and I am sure those scales will start moving down soon.

Lol that washing NEVER stops! Yay for not gaining, and hey you did brilliantly to not gain in a week where you ate out 4 times. So that shows you, once you get to goal, you can have a life AND maintain. Woohoo :-)

Kate is right - the washing just never stops - neither does the grocery shopping or the cooking or the cleaning (sorry to be the one the break the bad news to you !!)
I so hear where you are coming from re setting yourself goals and then not sticking to them and feeling like I should have - mail me sometime if you want to talk about it.
I think sometimes we worry about what we say to others because it is difficult to get the right tone which they would hear if we were talking to them. I can't recall ever reading anything you have written and thinking "That was a bit harsh or mean or horrible" - you are always so encouraging and supportive.
Take care and have a great week - you are such a special person !!
Me

I'm with the others - I find it impossible to imagine you saying anything that wasn't encouraging or supportive. You always seem so friendly and just an all round lovely person :)

Wait until the kids get older - then you can teach them to do the washing and cleaning and all the other housework... isn't that why you have kids.

Bummer about the weight. Still it's a new week and you know what you're doing. I'm sure you'll have loss next week.

do you know how many km's 10,000 steps converts too (roughly)? it would be good if i just did it that way to add on top of my regular exercise of the day. and hey maintaining isnt so bad and theres always another weigh in to push towards better results... the weigh ins will never end.

At least you didn't gain, so that's good. Yes, I am sure a little more determination each day will pay off. Don't forget it is fairly normal to have a plateau for a while when we get closer to our ideal body weight and you aren't far away. Frustrating, I know but fingers crossed for next weigh in.

Those clever ladies have said everything that I wanted to say, so just know that you WILL kick this little plateau, we all have faith in you (sounds like you've already mapped out how you're going to do it too, good on you!).

I couldn't imagine you ever saying anything hurtful or tactless either - I love getting your comments :-)

I so need to get myself a new pedometer - hearing that u get to 10,000 steps without intentionally exercising is amazing!
Actually, my old one is at work - i wonder if it'll work if i take the battery out and put it back in...
Anyways, maintaining when you ate out 4 times is fabulous, like Kate said, you can maintain your weight and have a life!

I find your comments on posts very supportive and positive - I don't think anyone could ever take offence at them.

I agree totally with the one day at a time - I have quite often made plans that don't happen - but the main thing is that we do try:)

Maintaining every now and then is fine - especially after four meals out - I'm sure your body will kick into losing again.

Sounds as if you could have hit a little plateau too. I know that the eating out doesn't help but a stay the same is always a good thing I reckon especially if you have a full social agenda. Your ability to recognise the potential problem and doing something about it is outstanding. Well done.

As per the mouthing off thingy - I value your honest and upfront opinion. Out of everyone in blogland you seem to hit the nail on the head with everything! You are very inciteful person. Please do not change your style for anyone. If anyone has a problem with your advice or opinion then they obviously don't want to hear the truth!! XX

Jodie is right - some people do not want to hear the truth!! We are here to support each other - not just to praise!
..and at some time most of us need a kick in the butt (I know I have)

Great to hear that you maintained even though you ate out a few times, goes to show we can still go out :)

M, I agree with everyone here. I cannot believe that you would EVER say anything to upset anyone, even unintentionally.
You are one of the most thoughtful bloggers I know. You always have the best insight into the journey you're going through and so much of what you write is me to a "T". I love reading your posts and they continually start MY thought processes moving as well.
Hence the reason i've become more of a ponderer lately! LOL
Just be yourself - we love you JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!! (thanks for the quote Mr Darcy!!).
Back to business - I love your straight hair too, you look fabbo, but i'm sure it would be way too much work for me - I don't even usually find time to dry my hair in the mornings. Thank goodness for pony tails! LOL
I'm sure you'll have a loss next week if you step up the exercise a little, it seems to be the key for me too.
Good luck this week, not that you sound like you need it, you've got this thing downpat now!
Have a fabulous day (sorry for the long winded comment today - I was on a roll!! hehe)
Bri

Ditto on all of the above. M you are a true inspiration. You tell the truth, and to be honest, if someone takes offence to your honesty they need to have a good hard look at themselves.

Well done on maintaining after eating out 4 times in the past week. That is a great achievement.

Good luck with kicking the plateau this week. :-)

Jods.

Hi M - all these clever people have pretty much said everything I was planning to say!

I think I've told you this before, but I am certain that if it wasn't for your blog and your encouragement via email in the early months of my journey, I don't know if I would have kept going.

I don't know how to put into words how lucky I feel to know you - even though we've never met!

I can't imagine you ever offending anyone intentionally. Sometimes people just want to be told what they want to hear, which is no way to move forward in life.

Speaking for myself, I love reading your posts, and I love getting comments from you. You always have something fun or positive to say and share.

Don't ever change! :)

Good luck for kicking the plateau this week! I know you can do it.

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Hello hello. I know it's a pain not lose, but it's an even bigger pain to gain (I'm a poet and I don't even know it). You're rocking in blogland, and you shouldn't feel too bad about this one week. Unfortunately, everyone (except for a couple of lucky people - lucky buggers) has to go through a plateau. It's annoying, but I think it makes you remember why you're doing what you're doing, and helps you to get refocussed. You'll be right, mate.

P.S. Sorry to hear about the children. I don't know who they are, but their families are in my thoughts and prayers.

Great weigh in- you didn't gain!!! - What is with the diet coke for breakfast!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??