« Home | Through the Looking Glass » | Weigh in - 31 » | Isn't this how it is done? » | Learning Phases » | P r o c r a s t i n a t e » | Happy Weekend :) » | Nelly & the picnic park » | Weigh in - 30 » | Piggy Props » | Where have the mirrors gone? »

How Embarrassment

The other day I was reading a post from The Food Whore and killing myself laughing that someone as clever and organised as her could forget to pay the cable bill and get cut off. Well hello - guess who did the same thing?? As all my other telecommunications bills are directly taken from my account I just don't open the envelopes anymore. But Broadband don't work that way. And I forget. Then I just forget some more. Then I have to grovel and get the account put back on. Which I will do. Today.

But besides that I had a great day yesterday. I walked 12,295 + steps. (The + is when I went out to dinner and took off the pedometer. I didn't know we would be walking!). I went out to dinner with DH and some of his friends. I bought a new top to wear to dinner. I bought new undies to go under my new top. LOL. I am reminded now of the story "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly" Which would not have been nearly as tasty as dinner was.

I started off with Yellow Fin Tuna Tartare (yep you heard it right - RAW) and it was served as a little mound with roasted capers and nashi pear cut up through it. Delicious. Then I had a small grilled barramundi served with a single scallop and rested on a bed of chargrilled capsicum and snow peas. Divine. Said no to bread. Said no to desert. Said Yes Please really nicely to a glass of French Champagne. I ate the pineapple sorbet they presented between courses.

Scales were lower this morning so I have to be happy with that :)

I am back at work this morning so have planned lots of incidental walking to the toilet and the water cooler (2 laps the floor each time) to ensure I move enough. A walk at lunch and the trek to the bus stop this afternoon should see me scraping in at 10,000. I am feeling good (really really tired) but good. Can't wait to catch up with blogs tonight.

And well done to Bri, Sarah, Lesley & Michelle whose names all appear in the top 100 on the standing boards of the Christmas Walking Challenge. Way to go guys.

Have to laugh at forgetting to pay the account. Ours pile up next to computer and sometimes the newest ones go on top - you can imagine what happens to the ones at the bottom !!!
Glad you had such a good dinner - sounds like it was delish without breaking the point bank - good for you.
Have a great day and keep up the good work !
Me

Well done on the dinner. I find saying no to the bread is the hardest part of dining out. I can always say no to dessert as I'm usually always full by then but they bring the bread out first when you are starving hungry. XX

Wa hey, number 46 with a bullet! I didn't even realise there were standing tables on WWA ... noticed you were in the top 30, well done!

:) Sarah

Hey M - your dinner out sounds deelishus.....it is sometimes hard to go out as a WW and feel like you have done ok. Good luck with your walking challenge. Thanks for checking in on me too. Have a great week.lb

OMG,i'm in the top 100? How cool is that? I'd best go and check it out. (The negative Bri is thinking people just haven't updated their steps yet!! D'oh - STOP IT!).
I always forget to pay bills, i'm hopeless ever since I (was pregnant) lost 10% of my brain cells - I should die my hair blonde, at least then people would nod their heads in understanding.
Have a great day,
Bri

Dinner sounds like it was delish. I may have to check out the walking challenge, it might be just what I need.

Have a great day M.
Jods.

Isn't it great to be able to go out for dinner, enjoy it and not blow the points!!!

Easy enough to overlook and account when you are always so busy. I am at home all the time and sometimes forget how quickly the month goes by.
Well done on your walking effort. 10,000 is a true challenge to do while working as well.
Dinner out sounds yum, but very tiny. You certainly wouldn't have blown your portion control!

Sounds like a lovely dinner that you earned with all those steps and you still restricted yourself. Good for you. Thanks for the WWA information. I hadn't looked.

Woo hoo, I got a mention on Margarets blog!!! When I get my A into G maybe I'll get one of those lines under my name too!!! Good on you for getting your steps up. Dinner sounds beautiful and oh so point friendly. Keep on stepping around the office - I'm trying to do that too but it's very difficult when it's a very small office -makes you dizzy!!!
Lesleyxxx

Yummmm, love the sound of your dinner out! Me, I'm hopeless at the bills. I have a theory about if I'm really organised at work my home life organisation suffers, and vice versa.

Wow, get you at all your planned incidental exercise - definitely an inspiration. And bills, yuck!

That dinner sounded lovely! And well done on your walking efforts.

Hope you've had a great day :)

lol, once i double paid the power bill instead of paying the phone which was already overdue - next thing its cut off....was adament i'd paid... checked the internet banking & opps, doubled the power bill!
sounds like u made great choices , not too sure bout the raw fish tho :s


Kt

I have worked hard to train my husband to be responsible for all payments. And he has been great at it, if you forget the fact that he only sees the current week in his calendar and ALWAYS forgets to look the bills for the week after. This sometimes rises the same problem: we will go shopping on saturday for grocery stuff and I will go overboard on veggies and fruits, and then I'll see some more flowers and he will tell me oh get them, we have paid all bills this week, and then perhaps we will go buy something silly for ourselves, and then come Monday he will open his calendar and see the electricity bill due on Tuesday!

So I been always "hidding" a few euro bills for such cases ;)

You have been doing so well Margaret, I silently read all your posts and I am always smilling and reminding myself what a lucky woman I am to be part of our little weightloss blogworld.

Now if I myself could get into the weightloss again....

ooppss on the bill, thats easy to do, especially when every thing is set up to come out of the account. well done on the step count
i managed 10109 steps today 2nd time over 10000 yeah
fiona

The dinner sound delish - and you made great choices. Well done on the steps - 10,000 is quite a hard figure to reach especially with a busy life.

Lol about the bill! The other day we had a power cut, and the awful though ran through my mind... did I pay the last bill? Eeek!

My goodness - where did you go for dinner? It sounds amazing! I love it when they do nice things like the pineapple sorbet! Lovely.

Well done for saying 'no' to desert. I always lose it when it comes to eating out - I always make my hubby order veges so I feel like I have been healthy!!

vxx

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??