« Home | It's a Boy » | Today Is » | How Embarrassment » | Through the Looking Glass » | Weigh in - 31 » | Isn't this how it is done? » | Learning Phases » | P r o c r a s t i n a t e » | Happy Weekend :) » | Nelly & the picnic park »

Oh what a day :)

When I realised that it would be near on impossible to get 10,000 steps in today I made a decision to hit the city about an hour before my appointment began, so that I could go for a walk and at least get some movement in. I caught the train and got out at Wynyard where I discovered a really great 'cheap shop' that will be great to make up Christmas parcels for work. I shall be bringing the committee back next week. Then after about half an hour of solid walking I went into Dymocks to buy a book. I figured I would have some opportunity to read and would take it to read something new. The first thing I did was go to the crime section and have a look where Daniel Hatadi's "Loving the Law" would be. If it was published. Which it is not. Yet. It would have been nestled on the bottom shelf (not a great position!) between Dashiell Hammett's "Maltese Falcon" and Tom Harper's "The Mosaic of Shadows". I will keep looking :)

Then I spotted the book I would buy. A couple of years ago I bought a book called "The Three Miss Margarets" by Lauise Shaffer. Obviously because it had Margaret in the title. (This is a similar method to how I pick Melbourne Cup Horses). Anyway it actually was a great book and today I spotted the followup book "Those Garrison Women" I managed to read half of it already so am happy with my choice.

So on to the spa. It was called Lattouf and is part of a hotel on Philips Street (right in Chiffley square). I had a great day and so many treatments that I got them to highlight them in their booklet so I would remember but suffice to say that every inch of this body has been scrubbed, prodded, massaged, covered in some mudlike substance, subjected to hot and cold water treatments and generally made to feel smooth and silky. I did enjoy this part but had some concerns in regards to treatment of modesty, their idea of relaxing music, and access to the toilets. As they are newish and I am sure very eager to improve the perception of quality to their clients, I voiced my concerns and will be following it up in a letter. That way they can take steps to improve those little areas.

Then I had lunch. At 3.30pm!. As I had not had breakfast I was starving and had to show considerable restraint when allowed to order anything off the hotel menu. I chose the soup of the day and a club sandwich. The sandwich was gigantic and came with a football field worth of fries. I ate half the sandwich and 4 fries. Only 4 *pats myself on back*.

After lunch was the really fun bit for me. I got my hands and feet done. Same mud substance, massage, scrub, and polish. Lovely. And I got my hair done. The guy who is the manager did my hair and I think I am in love. He put a treatment in then blowdried my hair. Straight. I didn't realise how long it was and even as I type this I keep stopping to flick my hair or to touch it as it is so soft and because I can actually run my fingers through my hair. As the owner of curly hair this does not happen to me. I love my hair today and can't believe how much prettier it makes me feel. And as a side note as he was drying my hair I confessed that the last hair cut was self-done using a pair of nail scissors. When you have curly hair the bottom line is not really that important but after drying it straight it really was LOL. So the lovely guy trimmed me up a bit.

The product range is something else that really got to me when I was in there. As the owner of a little bit of knowledge as to the really terrible ingredients that cosmetics and body products contain I was scouring around reading labels to see if their range contain these things. They don't. I was so happy. I am sure their website goes into it but I was really impressed that they cooperate with a native tribe to farm organic ingredients that are then used to make the products.

I will go back. If for nothing else but to get my hair done. But I would like to try their spray on tan :)

Am going out with the family tomorrow morning. Train to city. Ferry to Manly. Anywhere that I can show off my hair. Hope it doesn't rain LOL.

Oh my, some of us have it hard don't we... lol. Sounds very lush and pampering. And you are right, you do deserve it.

Well done on stopping at 4 chips too. Those things are worse than crack cocaine!

Aww that sounds gorgeous!! Enjoy your day feeling so beautiful and pampered!~

Sounds like a great day!! Are you going to post a pic of the new straight hair?

sounds like a lovely day! congrats on the birth of your new nephew :D

I am so glad you enjoyed the pampering. After all you thoroughly deserved it. Hope you have a great day today.

I bet you glowed afterwards, and hopefully still are!

Good on you for highlighting their areas for improvement; your husband probably paid an arm and a leg to send you there, and you're hardly going to go back if they can't get modesty issues right. I would love to try the treatments at the Korean Bath House in The Cross, but couldn't handle the openess of it.

Hope you have a lovely day out. If taken, photos of your lovely hair would be appreciated.

Keep those plugs going. The cheque's on its way.

I thought I would tell you that I have been drinking champayne cocktails for a couple of hours and I am soooooooooooo jealous of your day at the spa. I am feeling quite relaxed but was reading your journal and had to tell you.... he he he

Love CM

Sounds like you had a truly pampered day, you lucky girl.

What a fabulous day you had, and so well-deserved. Sounds like you might need to put some hair straighteners on your Santa list? Good on you for the restraint on the chips.

So glad to hear that you had such a great day - you deserve to be spoilt because you are a very special person !!!
Have to say I find it hard to relate to someone loving straight hair !!!!!
Take care and have a great Sunday !
Me

Sounds like you had a fabulous day! And you deserve it!
When are we gonna see picks of your new do?

Sounds like a magical day M and I am glad that you enjoyed it. The modesty issue is tricky isn't it? I found the smae problem when I went in June to Qld and had the mud wrap and exfoliation. And only 4 fries...what a legend.

Good on you! What an awesome day. And GOOD WORK on the fries - I know I would have just thought, "Oh, well, it's a special day, it doesn't matter!" But you're obviously such a changed woman. I bet you feel like it too with new hair! Have you ever thought of buying a hair straightener? I bought one about a year ago and I can't live without it.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??