« Home | 12 Things » | Now for something completely different » | What kind of writer am I? » | There's something in the air tonight » | Weigh in - 32 » | Mouthing Off » | My straight hair » | Oh what a day :) » | It's a Boy » | Today Is »

Sunset Scraps

Yesterday I was hanging clothes up to dry on a rack on the back deck. It was sunset and I stopped and took in the view. The colours were amazing. On our fence there is a bright red bourgenvillea growing. The Jacaranda is still covered in purple flowers, although the wind is trying valiently to rip them all off and drop them in our yard. And the sun was bright bright orange. There were a few clouds catching the reflection of the sun as it dipped over the horizen and just as the sun disappeared it sent up the bright glow as if to say "I'll be back tomorrow". It is difficult to explain how watching something like that made me feel. Very calm. Very at peace. OR that could have been the result of the night time cold and flu tablet mixed with several bourbon and d.cokes. Either way I was feeling pretty fine :D

Today I have had a good balance of being outside exercising and time spent inside on the computer. Having been inspired by Tina's scrapbooking efforts I have decided that I am going to put together an album to give Mum for Christmas. I have asked both my sisters to send me photos, giving me info on dates, events, reasons etc so that I can put something together. I have never done this before and apart from one complimentary get together have never done the real live scrapbooking either so this should be an interesting exercise. It will take me some time and as I only have the evenings I am going to alternate blogging evenings with scrapbooking evenings. OR break a leg so that I can stay at home. I hear that you can hire people to do this. I may look into that. I am looking forward to doing it as I think Mum will really love it and it will be something she can carry around with her.

I haven't been on the scales for a few days so unsure what to expect but even money will be on a gain. I have not been sticking to the plan as far as eating is concerned. The exercise I pretty much have got covered at the moment but through no ones fault but my own I am purposefully putting temptation in my way, then succumbing to it. That stopped last night. As I was getting ready for bed I noticed that my belly was getting really fat. And it was a very sobering moment. When I gained weight before I pretty much gained evenly all over, so no one thing was really bigger than anything else. But last night the efforts of my poor eating showed right where they belonged and I was not happy with that. So today has been a good day and like my renewal of exercise joy last week I will take eating one day at a time this week and let the days turn into weeks. I really want to make a push now before we go away. So I have 4 weeks.

And it will be a good 4 weeks.


**Edit** Have fixed up the link error so now it actually goes to Tina's blog, and have done my maths and seen that it is only 4 weeks till we are in Adelaide. Eeeek

Your mother will absolutely love that scrapbook M and it will be wonderful therapy for you to do it. She is very lucky to have such a loving and creative daughter.

Sounds like a wonderful gift and a fun alternative to snacking!

It's great when you have those moments when you realise just how beautiful the world is :)

We all seem to be having little problems with food at the moment...i am hoping the weeks before christmas will prove an inspiration...along with all of you guys :)

Go us .... we rock!

I have a 'friend' who does kneecaps if you want his number - $100 a knee, although you'd have to pay his airfare too! Might put it out of the 'affordable luxury' price range!

It is so good to sometimes look past ourselves and see the beautiful world around us. I absolutely love sunset, surise, mountains, seaside ........

The scrapbook will be a wonderful and thoughtful present for your Dear Mum.

I hope you do have a a great 5 weeks eating-wise. Looks like you are doing a good job with your steps.
Have a great week M.

The scrapbook is a lovely idea - once you have done one, you will be hooked..lol You can't really eat while playing with photo's either!!

When I gained some weight back last year it seemed to be all in my tummy too:)

I love the scrapbooking idea M. I am actually thinking of doing one for LM's first school year and giving a copy to his dad as well.

It will be a good 5 weeks M. It is funny how at this time of year when so much is going on it is easy to lose focus. But we will get back on track and we will feel fabulous for it.

Jods.

Great idea for you Mum for Xmas - she will love it!
NOOO!!! You mentioned the B word ... that terrible stuff that you mix with not enough d. coke and it makes you feel sick still two days later *shudder*

Fingers crossed for a good weigh in results this week M :o)

M thank you so much for the beautiful words you left on my blog. I am very lucky to have found you an dthe rest o fthis small community to help me along the way. I will pull myself out of my melancholy starting today. I know I have so much to be thankful not the least is to be making friends with special people like you. Thank you for understanding what I was trying to say.

As you described it, I was transported to your sunset and could visualise it. Im interested in scrapbooking - there is probably a shop near you but there is one in Hornsby called Catchy Crafts which is on the internet too. It is like an Aladdins Cave of treasures.
Good luck.
:o)

A timely reminder that slowing down and having a good look around at the everyday can do wonders - you're so wise!

Love the scrapbook idea M - I made one for my grandmother last year, a mini one so she could put it in her handbag and take it around with her. It was very well received and time well spent.

Scrapbooking is a great hobby - the hands and the mind are occupied, and you don't want to have any food or drinks around in case you spill or get crumbs everywhere! I think you will love it.

Check out Tropical Scraps for some inspiration - I have ordered a lot of stuff from there, very reliable and excellent service.

Let us know how you go, and have a great week :)

Yep, I would say a few bourbons would have had the calming effect alright but I'm sure it only would have enhanced the beautiful sunset.

Your scrapbook sounds like a brilliant idea and certainly one your mum will cherish.

Hi M...I'm glad that you feel inspired to create a scrapbook for your mum after seeing my layouts! I'm thrilled! If you need any help, give me a yell!

As for your eating, you know what you're doing and are strong enough to keep on going. We're all here with you!!

Not to look as if I'm being picky, but you've got a typo in the link to my blog...Cheers~

What a lovely idea doing the scrapbook for your mother - she will be thrilled.
I'm sure that you soon will be back on track - amazing how aware we are now of feeling uncomfortable with weight gain:)

Cool idea. Although, I would recommend doing the scrapbooking AFTER DSs are in bed, as they will want to get in on the action and it may not turn out looking as good as you would like. That and there would be glitter on the floor, glue in their hair, etc. Don't say you weren't warned!

You'll be right with the eating, mate. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and get on it. I know you'll feel fab in four weeks. BTW, THANKS A LOT (not) for freaking me out by reminding me that Christmas is only that long away. You're a nasty mean girl. :(

the sunset sounded beautiful. i was going to do the same for my mum for xmas but im not now, im thinking of creating a memory board. its one of those lovely looking material covered board that has criscross ribbon on it and you can stick photos or cards in them. i have seen them retail for $25 -35 and i reckon i can make it about $10

Hey Margaret.

I do digital scrapbooking. If you email me I will send you my site of some of my digital pages.

Love CM

P.S your mum would love the thoughtful present! It will bring a smile to her dial.

You are a thoughtful daughter that is for sure.

Love CM

I think this is a lovely idea, very thoughtful & your Mother will cherish it. I've never done scrapbooking either but it looks like it would be quite rewarding & enjoyable, especially when you see the outcome - a gift to be proud of!

That is gorgeous M. We have both a Jacaranda and bourgenvillea in our backyard also and I do love just sitting there (and having a beer). 4 weeks to go hey and so much temptation around! We can do it, we can say no thanks :-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??