« Home | Now for something completely different » | What kind of writer am I? » | There's something in the air tonight » | Weigh in - 32 » | Mouthing Off » | My straight hair » | Oh what a day :) » | It's a Boy » | Today Is » | How Embarrassment »

12 Things

I left doing this for a while for a couple of reasons. 1) So that I had time to work out what I could put in here and 2) So that people forgot what other people wrote so you can't see if I am just copying it from someone else LOL. I have changed the group titles because the ones that were there just showed up my complete lack of life. But perhaps these will show that more :D


Twelve movies I like
(in no particular order)

1. The Power of One
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. Green Mile
4. Mary Poppins
5. The Sound Of Music
6. Love Actually
7. The Colour Purple
8. Ferris Beulers Day Off
9. Shrek (I love that we can be both Princess and Ogre at the same time)
10. Lara Croft
11. Toy Story Series
12. The Dish

Eleven books on my bedside table
(yes I am currently reading all of them)

1. Don't Kiss Them Goodbye - Allison Dubois
2. Natural Health for Kids - Dr John Briffa
3. Toddler Taming - Dr Christopher Green
4. Raising Boys - Steve Biddulph
5. French Women Don't Get Fat - Mireille Guiliano
6. The One Minute Millionaire - Mark Victor Hansen
7. The Notebook Magazine (all 4 of them)
8. The Slimming & Health Magazine (current version)
9. The WW Magazine (Nov/Dec Issue)
10. The Ultimate Family Cookbook
11. The Contented Tummy Cookbook

Ten Things about me

1. I was born in the Netherlands and moved to Australia when I was 3, on the 4th October 1971
2. I am a Virgo
3. My favourite music is either Classical or Christmas Carols (though I enjoy a rather eclectic mix like Masters of Chant and Ministery of Sound)
4. I have double jointed elbows (now how is that usefull!)
5. I have moved 13 times in my life - 9 since I have been married
6. I am really good at packing and moving
7. I am hopeless at unpacking
8. I have never had a best friend
9. I am the middle child and have two sisters
10. I am 175cm tall but the shortest out off all of my sisters and cousins

Nine CD's in my car

1. Swing when you are winning - Robbie Williams
2. Holiday - Hi-5
3. Live Hot Potatoes - Wiggles
4. Yule Be Wiggling - Wiggles
5. The Wiggles Movie - Wiggles (I can see a theme starting)
6. Thomas The Tank Engine (2 story CD's)
7. Toy Story (Story CD)
8. The Incredibles (Story CD)
9. Ants (Story CD)

8 Favourite Foods & Drinks

1. Champagne
2. Bourbon & Diet Coke
3. Midori & Lemonade
4. Merlot
5. E&E Black Pepper Shiraz
6. Champagne
7. Corbans Private Bin Hawke's Bay Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon 1999 (someone gave us a bottle of this cracker NZ wine and I wish they had given us a case - brilliant!)
8. Oh was I supposed to put food here ?? - Chocolate or Cheese

Seven Things I wear daily

1. Jewellery (wedding rings, watch (given by DH on my 30th b'day), golf bangle (given by DH on my 25th b'day)
2. Perfume (Thierry Mugler - Angel, Versace - Blonde, Ralph Lauren - Blue)
3. Undies & Bras - rarely matching
4. Blistex
5. Mascara
6. Hair Accessories (hairband, elastic, clips - anything to get my hair off my face)
7. A huge smile

Six things I dislike

1. Intolerance
2. Myself when I am being a bitch (but sometimes I just can't help it)
3. People who walk 5 across on the footpath and expect to be allowed to walk together, at a crawl. Get out of my way people! (I think Kathryn had the same peeve)
4. People who do not move to the back of the bus (grrrrr)
5. People who stare at my boobs when they talk to me
6. Arriving late to anything

Five things I do daily

1. Smother all my boys with kisses
2. Say "I love you" to my Mum and my boys
3. Track what I eat / what I do / what I drink
4. Play silly games and make up silly stories with my boys
5. Pray for a parking spot out the front of the house when I get home

Four Shows I watch

1. The Biggest Loser
2. The Cut (Reality show with Tommy Hillfieger)
3. Sunrise - part of it anyway
4. Disney Channel

Three places I have lived

1. Nieuwpoort, Netherlands
2. Elstree, London, England
3. Wagga Wagga, NSW
(in addition to Blacktown, NSW; Adelaide, SA; (5 other suburbs of Adelaide); Waverton, NSW (2 other suburbs of Sydney)

Two Things I want

1. A flat, non-wobbly stomach
2. The confidence to expect that what I want will happen

One person I want to see right now

1. My new nephew Bradley.

hehe wagga wagga

Love the list :-) It's cool getting to know our blog friends even better, and you know - your list shows me what I already knew... you're a gorgeous person with an enormous amount of love for your family :-) Have a lovely weekend!

Thanks for sharing your list with us:) LOL at your CD's - can tell you are a lovely mum. Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks for sharing your list with us - I love Versace and Ralph Lauren perfumes too! I must try Blonde when I go into the city today!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend darl :)

hehe, i love these lists! the placename Wagga Wagga makes me smile :)

I have fallen in love with The Notebook magazine... and our books are very similar. Raising Boys I have and The Magazines you have and also I want to check out the French Women Don't get fat book... I have been in to the book shop so many times and think about getting it every time.

Ive love these lists they are on my things to do list. Love the Notebook mag too - been so busy lately that I have one unopened on my bedside table. Enjoy your posts so much. Keep it up. By the way, how did I get a duplicate post?
:o)

Thanks for dropping by and wishing me congrats. I have often seen you also (mainly on Litle Miss Sexy's blog).

This post was a great way to get to know a little bit about you!

Hope you had a gorgeous weekend!

Your bedside table sounds like mine. I've always wanted a glamorous, elegant bedroom like in the magazines but it's hard when you have piles of books around the bed!

What about when it's raining and the 'five-wide's' all have brollies too! Grrrrrrrr
Love your list, I might do one now too. Hope you're having a fabbo weekend.
Bri

Thanks dude. I got a giggle out of your list. I laughed at the CDs in your car - luckily our house is Wiggles free, but I would say that this will change after Christmas. I would also like a flat stomach - two please waiter!

Hope you don't mind, but I have done a similar list on my blog. They're a great way to pass the time.

This is great! Now I know you *better* :-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??