« Home | Weigh in - 33 » | Sunset Scraps » | 12 Things » | Now for something completely different » | What kind of writer am I? » | There's something in the air tonight » | Weigh in - 32 » | Mouthing Off » | My straight hair » | Oh what a day :) »

Shenanigans

So I am standing on the corner of Bathurst and Elizabeth, right across from Hyde Park, ready to walk with the fast ladies. We are chatting and generally waiting for the lights to turn green when this guy steps into the intersection on the Hyde Park side. The lights had turned red for pedestrians so we commented that he had left his run late. As he took a couple of steps in to the first lane, in the middle of the intersection he suddenly decided he needed to pull his socks up. That was when we surmised he was drunk. Bending over he carefully balanced on both legs whilst oh so carefully pulling up one sock - not too hard because he wouldn't want his thongs to slip off, then he fell over. Ooops. Obviously he was comfortable where he landed because he continued sitting in the middle of the road oh so carefully pulling up his sock. Then the traffic lights turn green.

Do the cars stay still.

No.

Do they just drive around him.

Yes.

What the!!!!

This guy was so drunk that there was no way he would be able to stand up once he perfected the sock pulling up gig and would probably just roll over - right under a car. So what did I do. I run out into the middle of the road with my hands all up, waving them around like a complete dickhead motioning for the cars to stop. Which they did. Thankfully my mates came with me and proceeded to help me lift this guy up off the ground. As we only had one lane to get to Hyde Park and 5 to get to the other side we thought it best to go the Hyde Park way. Unfortunately Mr Drunk did not. He snatched his thongs off me (they had fallen off so I had picked them up) muttering something about me stealing them, and then proceeded to wobble across 5 lanes of moving traffic.

How hilarious.

It did make walking the rest of the way very difficult for me because we couldn't stop talking and laughing about it and usually the only way I can keep up is if I keep my mouth shut. But I pushed myself and kept up and was sweating so hard when I got back to work.

It felt good. I felt good.

And I will leave the story of the other drunk who we met at another set of lights to another day. Except for the fact that as we sprinted away from him when the lights turned green he yelled after us "Well you all look good for your age"

Ahhh I love Sydney LOL

Drunk people falling over in the road...not good...and traffic not even stopping...bad!

I had a small dog follow me for about and hour on my walk today...but I was scared he/she? would get run over by the peak evening traffic so i stopped at the lights and waited for it...it eventually wandered back home.

so a compliment is a complimenet..afterall he wasn't "blind" drunk was he? No wonder you are doing so well in the WWA standings if your walks are this much fun.

oh the joy of living in a very large city :)

hehe... got me laughing this morning!
When you said thongs .. well I automatically thought of something else .. and then realised you were talking about jandals! :o)

Lol funny story! I saw someone in hyde park who I thought was dead, so I went over to check - nope, just drunk or high - too much so to get up. Lol. And my heart was in my mouth, i was trying to remember CPR. Phew!

LOL what a great story! Good on you for trying to help him, M...and pretty funny to think that you were trying to steal his thongs...ROFL

Can just imagine you in the middle of the traffic waving your arms. We do need you to come back from your walks in one piece though, so be careful!

lol - what a funny story! drunk people are so funny to watch - when your the one thats sober!!!

Thanks for the great laugh! And the second drunk was right.

Oh the sights you see in Sydney! Just goes to show how kind hearted you are to help him (even though he didn't appreciate it!). People like yourself are too few and far between these days! XX

HAHAHA thats so funny, thats sydney for ya. i dont go to sydney much but when i do i always come across something funny

Ha ha, I can't believe he thought you wanted to steal his thongs.

M you are a Hero. All be it a thong stealing one according to Mr Drunk. LOL. You have given me a great laugh this morning.

Keep up the good work.

I enjoyed that story - thanks for the laugh:)

What a workout. Bonus abdominal exercise through laughing. Hmmm... anyone need any comic rescuing? You could be on to something here M.

OMG!!! I was hoping to have a couple of walks when we are in Sydney this weekend - I'll have to watch out for drunks!! Good on you for helping him, lots wouldn't.

You never seem to have a dull day hun he he he.

What a great story! OMG some drivers just don't get it do they. That guy needed to be taken to a police station to sober up he he he he that or a quick kick up the hmmmmm he he he

Love CM

I Don't believe you!!!! You where stealing an old drunks thongs - No need to lie any further. Thongs that have been pre-worn in!! What a laugh!!

Oh there's never a dull moment when you're around, is there M?!

What a nice person you are - I think a lot of people would have just walked on by.

And the second drunk is quite right!

Oh dear - Sydney sounds scary! I'm glad you helped him. Goodness knows what would have happened if you hadn't. LOL about the second drunk too.

o my goodness - you are a wonderful person for wanting to help him out but I'm just cracking up at him thinking you wanted to steal his Jandals! What interesting walks you have!

Excellent - thanks for sharing the joy. I had a good old laugh while I ate my lunch today.

Haha...before I got to the end I was thinking of how much I love living in Sydney :-) There's something strange going on ALL the time LOL!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??