« Home | Birthday Greetings » | A day in the life of » | Weigh in - 23 » | Mindless » | Medium » | What a great day » | It's my birthday and I'll sing if I want to :) » | Caps & Snaps » | Spring is in the air » | Weigh in - 22 »

Cranky Farty McPants

Thought I would start with a silly title. LOL.

I am cranky at myself. This week was all planned out as being my "recovery from the previous week" week. I shopped on Monday morning and bought the right amount of food for the week at work. I bought great, fresh ingredients, and a treat for each day (nestle diet choc mousse) to be savoured on my return from the gym. Monday was great. Then Tuesday happened. When, initially, I thought the plan was to get confirmed DS2 had a cold I shopped at Coles first so that I would have all the right things at home for the day. I was not going to let a diversion change my plan. Of course we know what happened next and I think I have spent the last two days feeling sorry for myself. So sorry that I baked some 97% fat free banana muffins yesterday. It would have been Ok except for the fact that I promptly ate 6. *sigh* Then I went 'hunting'. I have discovered a new fruit & muesli bar from Mother Earth that I wanted DS1 to try. It has a little bit of chocolate on it to help with the enticing. It enticed me. I also had some frozen sausage rolls for a treat for the boys. They enticed me. Even the fact that we had no sauce in the house didn't put me off.

I am an idiot.

As I was watching Fox8 Rock INXS last night I looked down at my belly which was puffing a little over the top of my jeans as I slouched on the lounge. I prodded it and it wobbled. I tried to tuck it in my jeans but that didn't work. I pulled my tshirt down low and grumbled something about miracles and promptly fell asleep. And that is where I stayed till approx 1.30am when DH decided to investigate where I was.

He is an idiot. (though a very loveable one)

Today we had a morning tea at work. One of the guys has 20 years service and the big cheese came down to present the award. Luckily my friend from work rang me last night and gave me the heads up so I was appropriately attired. I clapped, I took photos, and I had my diet coke. The big cheese said "you're looking well M" I said "thanks".

DH is off to the snow tomorrow with DS1 and another mate with his DS1. Two men. Two almost 4 year old boys. How hilarious is that going to be. It is a trip planned and booked many moons ago to take advantage of a special off-peak family package. 2 adults 2 children. They can't discriminate against what makes up a family. Hope they have a double bed and 2 singles. LOL. I am looking forward to the peace that comes with only having one child for the weekend. It will make it easier to get things organised for our trip to Adelaide on Tuesday. Just me and the boys. DH will be staying here to work.

So on that note I shall get my tail into gear and get the suitcases packed for the boys roadtrip tomorrow.

And I shall spend less time being cranky with myself, and more time doing things that will make me happy. Like exercising. And eating well. And just generally being an idiot ;)

You are NOT an idiot, you are a wonderful human being. We all make mistakes, just learn from it and get yourself back on track. Don't get stuck in a downwards spiral like I do! Start again from now and you'll be okay.
Bri

I agree with Briony - you aren't an idiot!! Human perhaps though? Hope that the next few days go much better for you, and you start to feel more in control of things again. Have a great day tomorrow!

Oh no - quick get back on track !!! Don't undo all your good work. But also don't dwell on what has happened - it is over and done with - learn from it and move on !
Hope you have a fantastic weekend with one child and that DH and DS1 have a great time in the snow - wish I was going to some snow this weekend !!!
Take care, be good and keep moving forward.
Lotsa hugs to you and hope you are over being Mrs Cranky !
Me

Thanks for the birthday greetings! So many Virgos around, must be that 9 months after Christmas thing ;)

A weekend of quiet time sounds great. I'm sure you'll be back into the swing of things and be fighting fit again soon.

Idiot is hardly what I would call you. You have had a really stressful time of late. You are being too hard on yourself M.

Tomorrow is a new day. Read, read and then re-read your affirmation.

Hugs to u. :o)

hehe crankypants yes but definitley not an idiot. :)

Margaret - you are not an idiot! That's the last word I'd use to describe you! But I understand how you feel. I too have fallen off the wagon a bit this past week and a bit (I moved to Melbourne last Thursday and have been house-hunting ever since, so have been reliant on takeaway and such) but the thing that has kicked me into gear again is logging on to your blog every day (and Mary's, Emily's, Kathryn's, Paulene's, etc..!)and seeing what you're up to and how well you are still doing. I have made the decision to do the best I can in my current circumstances, and if I do stuff up, I tell myself "make the next thing you put in your mouth a healthy choice." (a tip I got from Paulene!)

Considering everything that you've been through this past month, don't be too hard on yourself, just try and get back on track with the very next thing you put in your mouth.

Take care of yourself, and have a safe trip to Adelaide.

You've come so far and have achieved so much. Don't give up!

Philippa xoxo

You silly moo! Idiot? You? Yeah right ;)

Now I expect a post tomorrow that will start with Since I definerely am NOT an idiot, today I ....

*hugs*

better start it with

Since I am definitely NOT an idiot, today I ...

I think "definitely" makes definitely more sensie than definerely!!!! Plus the syntax is better huh?

I figure it'll be the two DS1s in the double bed!
And I've decided I'm not going to say nice things to you about your bad week. You had a bad week. Tough shit. Get over it.
Damn, I'm no good at being tough - you know this is just a very small setback and you've made great progress. Don't lose sight of the end goal.

and in case you didn't get it from all the previous comments: YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT! (i am, but that's okay, i've made peace with it! ;op)
i love the two fathers and two kids traveling! that's so cool!
plus you can take that bubble bath after your workout... ;oD (promise i wont mention bubblebaths, candles & incense, etc anymore, but understand that i/we want you to treat yourself and all!)

You are such an IDIOT to call yourself an idiot. As I said the otherdayyou are just being normal. A break won't kill you and if you gain a little you will lose it when you start again full of your old motivation.

Hope you are back on track today. Isn't it strange that when we eat something that is not as good for us we tend to look for more. Have a nice weekend with your one little person and concentrate on YOU.

You are too funny with the whole eating ordeal! A page straight out of my life, especially the part about baking healthy muffins and eating the lot of them!! lol

Hope the weekend is nice and peaceful for you with only one at home. I would love a weekend like that! Enjoy!!

your so not an idiot...at least the muffins were low fat and you will get back on the wagon...not that what you ate constitutes getting off....now I am rambling...did i mention how wonderful and healthy you look in your new photo...it's amazing

LMAO at your title! LMAO at the boys with their dads at the snow! Should be an interesting trip, hehehehe.

Ahh bugger about the last couple of days. BUt hey, you've told us about it, you've told yourself it's silly and now time to move on. Sweet. :) Have a most fabulous weekend.

Not an idiot - Just Margaret....hopefully you will have a nice chance for some M time over the weekend with only half the household. 2 men 2 boys - new age family. Be good to yourself and hugs.lb

You are only human! Just think that what you overindulged in probably used to be the norm - now you are aware and can get back on track and put it all behind you. Enjoy your one on one time with your son!

Good luck with your packing.

I so know where you're coming from with the food thing. I've even managed to finish what was left in the biscuit tin at work. Think I'm going to have to go and buy some more to re stock it!

I would have loved to go skiing this year but we're about to put a new kitchen in, so we're trying to save our pennies (which I keep spending on junk food at the supermarket!!).

Have a lovely peaceful weekend.

M, I just wanted to say how amazing you look in your new pic!!! You have gone so well on your journey mate. Have a great trip to Adelaide and please be kind to yourself. I would have loved to eat some of those hot muffins too! Have a great weekend :)

LOL you're not an idiot :-) Sounds very familiar though and I hope you bloody enjoyed it but at the same time, I hope it made you realise how much better the good stuff makes you feel...much bettterer!

The boys road trip should be hilarious!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??