« Home | Fancy Schmancy » | Blame » | Sumo compliments » | Still smiling » | Weigh in - 19 » | The next level - long post » | Honesty » | Wedding Belles » | Uniform thoughts » | Trigger happy »

ww Leader for a Day

Emily made a comment on one of my many meandering posts that has had me thinking all weekend.

If I could be a ww Leader for a Day, what would I talk about at my meeting?

Well this just led me down so many paths about what would I want to hear at a meeting. It must be so difficult as a Leader to get the balance right between maintaining motivation for the ww'ers who have been coming to meetings for a number of weeks, months or even years and encouraging enthusiasm for the first timer who has come in with hopes, dreams, fear and a passion for weight loss. How do you give information every week to a group that comprises someone who wants to know what week 1 is all about, and someone who has lost 15kgs with 12kgs to go and has suffered a plateau, to someone who is only 2.7kgs off their goal and has lost motivation. Shit. This is going to be harder than I thought. There are so many things I would want to hear. I want to hear that I can do it. I want to hear that it is a simple process. I want to hear that I will build my success each week. I want to hear that there is support wherever I turn. I want to hear all about the points. I want to know where I can get a family block of chocolate that is point free. I want to hear that I will be beautiful.

What I need to hear is that to truly succeed I need to be honest. Be honest every day. Be honest about the food I have eaten. Be honest about what I drink. Be honest about the exercise I do. Be honest about my feelings and what is driving me to do this journey. Open myself to learn through this experience and as each result and consequence is raised - be honest about what that does to my life. If I were to be a ww Leader for a Day I would say that the best thing we can all do for ourselves is be honest.

I honestly don't know how many points I consumed today as the Michelles Chocolate Mousse cake and homemade lemon tart does not appear on my points spreadsheet. LOL.

Points FTD: roughly 36
Sugar Points: roughly 8 or 36
Points Left FTW: - something
Exercise: Walk at Balmoral. Walking up and down a flight of stairs approx 20 times.
TIAGF: Good friends

Amen to honesty! This has definitely been the most important thing to me. I think you would make a great Leader :-)

Mmm....choc mousse cake and homemade lemon tart, yum!

You say, "I want to hear that I will be beautiful" - I think part of it is that you need to hear that you are beautiful no matter how much you weigh. Until you can accept and love who you are, the weight isn't going to come and stay off. Just mho. I'm glad that you're back and pelvis are behaving themselves and you should definitely, erm, take advantage of your gym people's expertise - that's what they're there for. :P

Ohhh, I want to know about that point free chocolate too :-)

I think being honest about this is really good, because it brings you back to earth and makes you realise you are the only one who can do this journey for you, and you are the only one you are really accountable. I think I'm starting to learn that, and it feels like a really important lesson!

Wow, can't believe I inspired this! You really are very motivating and full of amazing insights, and your posts always have a good sound moral behind them!

You're so very right about honesty too - a few people have commented that they can't believe I even track my bad days, but if you don't own up to your weaknesses and make allowances for them, you won't ever win this battle.

Have a great Monday :-)

Yes that is so true. If we are not honest with ourselves we won't get very far.
Have a lovely week.

I reckon you would be a fantastic leader. You always have something inspiring to say to anyone from myself who falls into the X lost and X to go with X number of plateu's or Slim Suzy who has lost X and at goal or to someone like Linda who only has a few kg's to do till goal. All of us have been inspired by you on a daily basis. You are an amazing person!! XX

Lemon tart, yum.

Honesty is so important, even just being honest about if you want to lose weight. So many times I've started diets thinking I SHOULD lose weight but not really wanting to do anything about it.

I don't do WW but would go along to hear you be leader.

What a fantstic post. You really hit the nail on the head....
thanks

Great post! Honesty is so important. Something I'm just starting to really come to grips with myself. :)

Great post....sorry I am behind...again!

well done on all that stair climbing!

awesome post M :) can we request a WW version of the chocolate mousse cake :P

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??