« Home | Weigh in - 06 » | Back from Play Date » | Play Date » | Just doing it » | Have you ever » | Memories of the 80's » | Beautiful Day » | Weigh in - 05 » | The little pleasures » | Is the house tidy? »

The best laid plans

So far my 2 of my three exercise plans have not come to fruition. 1) My BB workout plan has failed miserably because I have yet to see one episode. I forgot that BB was on at 7.00 and as 7.30 is DS's bedtime it is an extremely hectic time of the day. And as I am officially VCR-handicapped I am yet to work out how to record a show. 2) My 'get up in the morning' plan has also not yet lifted off as we are going through a non-sleep period with my 3 yr old who has decided to only wear undies to bed - not pull ups. This has meant a couple of bed changes and long discussions re the concept of 'sleeping' every night. Now these are not excuses but reasons why these two particular plans of mine are not working. The third, the gym at lunch when I am at work is fine. I either do a class or go on the treadmill and the bike. So, this morning I am feeling disgruntled because I feel I am not exercising enough. BUT I am not going to throw in the towel. I know that things will settle down at home and those 2 plans are always ready to be kicked in when they can. So I need to come up with something else in the meantime. So here is my checklist

1) Find VCR manual. Learn to record. Set recording for BB each night or actually use it for something useful like recording Pilates at 10.00am on Foxtel every morning.

2) Sit down and work out when I have 30 minutes in a day where I am now spending it on crap (ie sitting on my tooch) and work out what I can do in that 30 minutes that will help reshape my body (if I can tape Pilates this would be a good step!!)

3) Clone myself so one can get some sleep

4) Either have a good laugh at myself or a good cry. Either way get on with it.

Oh and further to my 'thin' feeling of the other day, at kindy this morning when I am dropping off my beautiful sons, DS1 came up to me (in front of about 10 other parents) and said REALLY LOUDLY "Mummy are you having another baby" whilst patting my stomach. LOL. What a treasure.

Must be something to do with the moon or the weather or something because it was just this weekend gone that I was saying to Al that I started using the gym at home but then with running around the past couple of weeks that has all fallen apart. You are right, I think not having enough exercise does make me a little grumpy so tomorrow night I am going to be back on the gym again. I have pilates tonight and I know I will enjoy that.
Sorry to hear that you are having some sleepless nights - I know what it is like once your children start to sleep through and then start waking up in the night - it is murder ! Hang in there - it does get better.
Don't kids come up with the damndest sayings sometimes !
Take care and have a great week !
Me

D and I hope to have kids in about 5 years time and I am definitely finding out a lot about having them through these blogs ;-)

1) Good idea. I never thought to TAPE an exercise show. It'll be cheaper.

2) Planning, yep. We really need to don't we to succeed.

3) Mmm, I wonder if we can find the instructions on the internet, hehe.

4) BOTH! I highly recommend a good cry too after giving it a good go this weekend AND laughing hysterically, I am sure it burns some calories.

Keep up the great work and great attitude M! You're a gem.

Another great post! You always give my day a lift. Don't beat yourself up too much about the exercise. You ARE doing some and your other plans WILL fall into place.

Yep I agree with Sue. At least you're getting to the gym and doing something.

My hubby is always around if I want to tape something on the VCR so I've never had to do it myself, thank goodness.

Been through the 3 year old phase with my daughter too, so I know where you're coming from.

It is hard to get all you want done with kids around - even as they are getting older..lol
Everytime I used to grab a video, when they were off playing quietly- as soon as i got half way through they would want something,or start fighting with each other so I would have to pause it - it took me twice the amount of time to do!

LOL I had no idea how to record a show either and had to get written instructions. I am about to put it to the test and tape foxtel pilates. I loved the yoga TV so hope the pilates is as good.

I didn't know about the Ikea store, my husband insists he told me but I am sure I would have paid attention to something that exciting.

OMG! I remember when my daughter said that to me but it was at home.

Your are probably much more active than when you were before you started your journey. I never seem to get in as much exercise as I would like - I plan but it doesn't always happen. Main thing I think is to be aware and just try and get the body busier! Your little man sounds a gem!

Hey I can barely turn the TV on!

Out of the mouths of babes eh? Lol. I hear you about the no sleep thing, it does make everything else very hard too! Do you work fulltime?
Hopefully setting the video will help. That time of night is hectic in our household too. I always wonder how my parents had anytime to themselves at night with 4 kids to read stories, give dinner to, bath, sing songs etc!
A good laugh and a good cry is a great idea :-)

Gosh, just read your comment on my blog. You certainly have your hands full! It's hard work isn't it, but so rewarding! I really hope things settle down soon and you start to get more time to work on you. I think you are doing brilliantly in the face of all these obstacles (not really obstacles, but busy-ness). You like many of the other journallers are what I call superwomen!! (What I aspire to be) :-)

You are doing great to be exercising every day. Don't be hard on yourself b/c it isn't more! It's sooo hard to get up early after interrupted sleep, but as you say, that plan is there when the little one settles to a new routine. Once again you are inspiring :)

LBTEPA

Margaret, you are doing a fantastic job. Don't be too hard on yourself - when it comes to exercise, something is always better than nothing! Sometimes with a weight loss journey we just have to take it one day at a time. Thank you again for your email the other day. You are very inspiring. I enjoy checking in each day to see what you're up to next. keep smiling :)

having a plan vs actually executing the plan. the age old weightlosers dilemma, its great to hear you will work it out!! the determination will get you to 68kg you can count on it :D

That's great that the gym at work is working out (haha :P)! Hopefully you'll be able to get your VCR sorted out and once things calm down with your chid, be able to wake up early.

And the kid whose nanny I am said something more or less the same to me, "Are you pregnant? You're going to have a baby!" Same as you, it was after having started losing weight too! Kids are great. :D

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??