« Home | K U T A » | The Race & Recovery » | The Dinner » | The Party » | The Difference a Day makes » | Exercise Plan (Mon 07/08 - Sun 13/08) » | Exercise Plan (Mon 31/07 - Sun 06/08) » | Weigh Day - 31st July » | Recipe - Mushroom Cream Pasta » | A whole lot of .... Stuff »

38 Today :D

Yes folks, today I am 38 years old. And I have so much to be thankful and grateful for. The least being the delicious cake I shared with my 3 favourite people. To ensure we had enough for a taste and a sing-along, but not enough for me to keep eating, I bought a mini marble mud cake from Michele's. Yummmmm

And the reason for partaking of this delicacy prior to the actual day?? Good question. The answer is that at 9:50am this morning I will be flying over to Adelaide to spend the weekend with my Mum and Dad. By myself. With no children. Or husband. I think it will be WONDERFUL.... Not that I won't miss them. A little. (ok a lot!) But I know that I will enjoy it because it is only 2 nights. 2 nights of blissful peaceful sleep where I know I won't have to keep my 'ears' open even when sleeping. 2 nights when I am pretty much assured of waking up without little feet curled up under my ribcage (though I actually do love that!). 2 days of being able to walk on the beach without having to think out and plan the entire trip to make sure I have enough nappies, cream, wipes, toys, snacks, sunscreen, hats, etc. Don't get me wrong, I would not change my life in a heartbeat (unless it can be the same but with more money LOL) and I do realise how incredibly lucky I am to have such special people in my life, but I am still happy that I have this opportunity to re-charge my batteries. Do batteries recharge better when soaked in wine? Hmmmmm wine....

Now what have I been up to?

KUTA
This is going really well and I am happy to report that the scales are going down, the energy is going up, and the belief in myself is increasing. I still need to maintain the focus and after a brilliant week 1, week 2 and week 3 are a little slower, but I am still going and am determined that I will not let up.

GCC
Nope, this hasn't finished yet. We are on day 105 and I have walked 1,779,841 steps, Avg 11km/day, Total km (based on 65cm gait) 1,147kms. We are currently in Alaska getting ready for our trek across North America. The Challenge finishes on 25th October and I don't think we will reach the finish line in China but I think we are still doing OK. We are still in the top 10 of our company and in the top 100 of the entire challenge. I should get some good stepping done in Adelaide, walking Mums dog, and the Royal Show is on and we will be walking around all the pavilions.

Avon
Ding Dong. I am now an official Avon Lady. And I am really enjoying it. I think because I can take the piss out of myself and have been hamming it up a little I have endeared myself to a few people and am beginning to make this little venture work. It is only my 2nd campaign (see the 'official' speak is already sneaking into my vocabulary LOL) and I think I am doing OK. It has been great for getting those extra Saturday walks as I wander around the neighbourhood and I have met some nice people too that were lucky (or unlucky) enough to be in their yard / garden / drive way when I walked past. We shall see where it leads :)

My New Love
No I haven't traded Mark in for a new model. I got myself a fantastic exercise bike courtesy of Mary. After doing an honest assessment of my lifestyle and my evening habits I realised that I needed to do something extra but it had to be something that I could do sitting on my tail. The TV workouts are still good, and I need to work them back in, but sitting on a bike and pedalling for half an hour is just brilliant. Actually it's bloody hard work. I can't believe that I can walk for 14.7kms and suffer only the indignity of sunburn and a couple of sore toes, but 20 minutes on the bike makes me look like I have never exercised in my life before!! It sure is a reminder that the body gets used to particular exercise and movement and we need to shake ourselves up from time to time. So biking it is for me - for now. I am endeavouring to get on every day. 30 minutes one night, 10 minutes the next, and I will build up from there. It has been fun and I can see it is something that will be easy to keep up.

Okey dokey I need to go to bed. Thank you to all you wonderful people who have been checking in on me, sending me emails, catching up with me in 'real life' and for making me feel special with little birthday surprises. *mwah* to you all. I am packed, I have an Avon book with me (hey you never know!) and a great new book that I am desperate to begin.

I can see it is going to be a great weekend. See you all next week :D

Happy, happy birthday M !! Hope you have a fantastic weekend away. And, YES, I do believe that batteries recharge much better with wine - esp a nice pinot gris !! ENJOY !! Kel x

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear M, Happy Birthday to you!!!

Enjoy your day and enjoy your blissful weekend away!!

xx

Happy birthday!! Have a great break with your family, enjoy:)

Also was good to get an update and see how well you are doing!!

Great to hear from you again.
Good on you for your success on KUTA - it was obviously a good chane for you.
I'm floored by the number of steps you've done, but make sure you wrap up warmly in Alaska.
Before you know it you'll be working 30 seconds sprints into your biking and really burning fat.
Most of all:
A very, very happy birthday, to a very, very special woman.

Have a great birthday weekend, M-ski! G

Glad you like the bike, and I'm glad for myself too because I now have easier access to my own bike.

What a fantastic way to celebrate your birthday. Have a great weekend with your folks. Good to hear all is well. xx

Happy birthday! Have fun YOU time. Kids, it's nice to have time without them, and even nicer when you go back to them :)

Happy Birthday love! Enjoy your weekend away. No matter how much you love those around you a little break away is wonderful time out. And then you appreciate the loved ones even more when you get back refreshed. Great to hear you're doing so well. Can't wait to hear about Adelaide. Els x

Happy Birthday M!!!

It is my Birthday tomorrow.. OMG we are only a year apart.

Have a wonderful weekend and get lots of uninterrupted sleep..

I am going away too to get some sleep and believe me I can't wait. I will miss the cherubs but it is good to have me time sometimes.

ENJOY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Love CM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY M!!!!!!!

Have a lovely Birthday and a wonderful weekend away. xxx

Happy Birthday!!!!
Hope you have a great time away:)

Happy Birthday!
I hope you have a fantastically relaxing weekend!

ohh happy birthday babes! enjoy your time with the parents :) hugs! glad to hear you're doing a bit better too!! xox

Happy Happy Birthday gorgeous and I'll catch you real soon! x

Happy Birthday Gorgeous!
Have a fantastic weekend away! I'm sure it will be wonderful to spend some quality time with your folks.

Stumbled across your blog today & enjoyed the read. Happy birthday to you, 38years young. Enjoy the 'you' time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY M!! Hope you had a great time celebrating with your family and then a lovely time in Adelaide too. Taking time to chill and recharge the batteries is a wonderful, wonderful thing!!!

Hey babes - I wanted to officially invite you to join www.livinginthesuburbs.com

It is a forum I have been on for over 12 motnhs now for weightloss, health and lifestyle.

We have seasonal challenges and the Spring one is getting revved up to start now.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappy birthday to you, lovely m. i hope you have a brilliant weekend! :)

Hope you had a wonderful birthday with lots of rest, celebratory drinks with family and friends and pressies!

So glad you are back and that everything is going well in your life :)

Happy belated birthday Margaret! I'm sure you have had a wonderful, refreshing weekend in Adelaide - looking forward to reading how things went!

So good to see an update from you.

Hope you had a lovely birthday, and a fantastic weekend with your dear parents - what a special way to spend your special day (lets face it, birthdays do take up a whole week).

I'm so sorry I missed your birthday. A very happy belated birthday though. I hope you had a fantastic day!

Sorry I've been a bit absent from blogging at the moment. I've been checking emails etc. but finding time to visit is very hard indeed.

XX

Oops, happy belated birthday! Glad to hear you had a lovely time down in Adelaide (I hear the new Ikea down there rocks!). Good to see you're doing well with KUTA too.

:) Sarah

I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day, hun!!

Happy Birthday.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??