« Home | The Race & Recovery » | The Dinner » | The Party » | The Difference a Day makes » | Exercise Plan (Mon 07/08 - Sun 13/08) » | Exercise Plan (Mon 31/07 - Sun 06/08) » | Weigh Day - 31st July » | Recipe - Mushroom Cream Pasta » | A whole lot of .... Stuff » | Missing In Action »

K U T A

I don't want to post a negative post, so I won't.

Hooping
As you may have already read at Mary's and Shiny Ruby's blog, hooping was an absolute blast and I enjoyed myself so much. Sure I stood right at the front with the floor to ceiling mirrors pointing out each and every flaw in my hooping technique, but after a few minutes and many false starts I could look at my reflection without bursting out laughing. Really it was all I could do to catch my flying hoop before it flew off and hit someone else (and I do need to apologise to Emilie and Sarah - sorry guys you copped more than your fair share). Two hours and a lot of sweating and laughing later I am now the proud owner of my very own hoop. My hoop that will help sculpt my abs and build up my core muscle control. My hoop that makes me smile as I think about it and makes me want to get out and move my butt. And my arms. And my legs. My hoop that I am having a little bit of an obsessive affair with. LOL. If you haven't already been to check out the photos of the day I highly recommend a visit to the set provided by Mary and the set provided by the extraordinary Bunny. We are all there in our hooping gloriousness. (thanks guys for taking the time to take and post the photos)

If you want a giggle, or are interested, there are a heap of great hooping links that Bunny provided below. Just checking out Fat Boy Slim's new video is guaranteed to get you remembering (with glee or horror) your own hooping experiences as a child.

http://www.youtube.com/group/learnhooptricks
http://www.hoopnotica.com/
http://www.groovehoops.com/newreel.html


Archery
If by now you are slightly interested in joining us in a new learning experience this is the heads up to say that Archery will probably be the next target (eww that was a bad pun) and more information will be forthcoming. Can't wait to see what damage I can do with a sharp pointy object LOL.

Issues
I have issues at the moment. Issues that are getting me down. That I fight through. That I am happy with. And that get me down again. It is just a bit of a struggle balancing all I need to do with all I want to do. I found myself in the last week and a bit drinking a wee bit more regularly than I should be, and in greater quantities than is healthy. This led to a bit of a introspective look at myself, my reactions to people, my feelings towards myself that really should have been solved with a kick up the arse rather than allowing myself to go in deeper. So kick up the arse I am getting. Or KUTA for short. Instead of being all talk and no action I am adopting a new policy of no talk and all action. At least for a little while. After discussing my issues at length with a real person (not a blogger *gasp*) we have buddied up to help each other out of very similar slumps. This involves complete honesty. No judgment. And me doing instead of saying. I am in KUTA Day 2 at the moment and so far so good. I am relearning some pretty basic habits and whilst it is hard making this a top priority again I am sure that within a week or two of constantly reminding myself that I am worth it and practicing the good habits that I need to make, I will be back on top of it again. And if in the meantime, my house gets cleaned, the laundry gets done, all the bills are paid, and children go to sleep on time and stay asleep all night - in their own beds, I will be a very happy camper indeed. I will probably be asleep and it will all be a dream but I will be happy. ;D

So following on from that I won't be posting for a while - but no time frames or restrictions. If something BRILLIANT happens you will all be the first to know (all million of you LOL). I will be reading and commenting where I can after I have done my exercises in the evening and all other chores are done. I am not going to lose my grip on where you are all up to in your lives because you are all too motivating and inspirational for me to just let go.

Here is to KUTA. And a great big one at that!

Big hugs M. I know that you will get through this. :) :)

Ps - hula hooping sounds like so much fun!

so glad you are ok - I've been worried but didn't want to be another intrusion!
Drinking is such an 'aha' thing, isn't it? It points to so many underlying issues. I'm in the middle of changing that habit too, and it can be done :)
You do what you have to do, mate - we are all here cheering you on :)
best wishes with the in-their-own-beds-all-night thing too, I'm feeling your pain (rolls eyes)
ps YOU ARE WORTH IT

hugs

It's hard to keep everyone happy but most importantly it's you who needs to be happy. This then reflects on every other aspect of your life and all seems to fall into place. I'm sure it will all work out in the end but don't forget I'm always here if you need me. You have my number!!! Taking a break from blogging is something we all have to go through. Some things are very personal and can only be solved by takling them head on and alone and we all understand that. But don't forget you have one very important post to do and hopefully it's not too far away! I'm so over the waiting!! XX

Happy hulahooping M. Take care of yourself and I will look forward to your posts whenever you are ready. xxx

LOL at Jodie's comment - I was thinking you would be making the big announcement.

Good on you for actively paring back your life. It's not difficult to take on too much and lose focus on what is really important - and I find that without having kids! If you do not look after yourself and/or spread yourself to thinly, you're no good to anyone.

Take it easy, M.

You are great Margaret - I always always love your posts.

Blogging sometimes can be me special 'me' time, and sometimes it can feel like a chore, specially when you just gotta do other stuff. You've got to do what you'v e got to do!

Always here at the end of an email if you want a different perspective, but otherwise I'm looking forward to your next post, whenever it may be. :-)

xxx

Have a great break - it does help to have some 'me'time:)

Will look forward to your next post!

Just stay true to yourself, M!

Sometimes it's so easy to get bogged down, but a good KUTB is all you need! You are always trying so hard to improve and I think that is truly wonderful.

Have a great week, I will be thinking of you!

xoxoxoxo
Michelle

KUTA rules!
Hope you get through your stuff okay. Looking forward to haring from you soon.e

Good luck... love the KUTA!!!!

Take care of yourself Margaret. You are a very special person to a LOT of people (including us poor bloggers) and we only want what is best for you. You deserve all the respect in the world and I guess that has to start from within yourself.

Hope everything sorts itself out and you return to us soon xxxxx

M! will be thinking of you... and missing your posts! but best of luck with operation KUTA xxox

I'll b checking up on u! hope all is ok & go hard with KUTA!

Kt xoxox

Damn it, I just caught up on all the posts I've missed of yours and now you tell me there'll be no more for a while? How inconsiderate of you. :)

Take all the time you need to give yourself a KUTA, but make sure you look after yourself too, ok? BTW, could you please email me your email address? I've lost it (I'm an idiot).

Big hugs to you.

You were great at hoops and you are looking really good M! Archery looks good for a few of us late in October so I'll start inquiring.

Issues hey? I totally get this and just know that we all have these ups and downs along the journey. Sometimes you do need time out to re-focus and yes, you have more responsibilities than me and I take my hat off to you for your efforts over the past year. You have come so very far and continue to do well. Maybe you're not quite at goal yet but hell, you are pretty darn close and have learnt and experienced a hell of a lot the past year to get where you are today. You are one very funky lady with a lot of spunk! I also think it's important to keep up our "non blog" relationships as well and re-evaluate our priorities. That's life hey and it's all about finding your balance.

I know you'll get through this rough patch babe because you just will. No one else can do it for you but we can sure make it a bit softer along the way. Just think (as my is my tattooist's favourite saying)..."this too shall pass". It helps me lots when I get a little down.

CHEERS TO KUTA!!

x

Hey! Hope the KUTA is still going well.
Archery, thats awesome! There is a range near my house that I run by sometimes. Im always a bit worried that they're going to turn around and consider me as wild prey!

I agree with the others- You look like you have come a really long way. So take the time out that you need, reasses, relax. Be gentle with yourself.

Take care, girl. :) xo

KUTA - what a great word(?). Just what I needed. Enjoy your break, sometimes you need to do this to refocus. I will be in contact soon to set up a skinny coffee if you have time. Take care.
:o)

Hugglez hunny!

Im so sorry to hear that you're taking a bit of time out, but understand it completely.

I also popped in thinking you may have the announcement for Jodie! Fingers crossed for her.

You are worth everything you've worked so bloody hard for. I hope you fill your soul just the way you want/ need to!

Hi M, sorry I am am so slow in commenting here, think I need to give myself a KUTA right now too. I don't know whats going on with you (obviously), but the fact that you recognise it for what it is and have a plan to do something about it is fantastic. I hope you get everything sorted soon, and remember to look after yourself and make yourself as happy as you can at least once per day, mokay!!

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and hoping your KUTA is working a treat.

Hey M. Hope you're doing ok. I know how tough things can be at times - I'm going through a rough patch myself. But hang in there. As Mary said - 'this too will pass'. Els x

Hope KUTA is working for you. Take the time out you need but will be looking forward to hearing how life is treating you when you are ready to come back:)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??