« Home | Recipe - Mushroom Cream Pasta » | A whole lot of .... Stuff » | Missing In Action » | Weigh Day - 17th July » | Job Vacancy » | Weigh Day - 10th July » | Weigh Day - 3rd July » | A Day at the Races » | When too much pink is never enough » | Swish swish »

Weigh Day - 31st July

Reading blogs, for me, has always been about support, learning & motivation as well as a great way to have a laugh and to share a tear. And sometimes it is not even the post itself that sets of a light bulb moment, but a series of off-tangent thoughts that occur because of it. Take this post of Katey's for example. In it she stumbles across some old ww'er books and removes them (very ingeniously by the way) from her house as this is not the tool that she is choosing to use in her quest for better health. And as I was silently applauding her for her actions I started thinking that I had some old books lying around and went hunting.

A friend had given me her weeks 1 - 12 booklets when she moved across to Sure Slim and I have to admit that in the past year and a bit I haven't looked at them very often and never at length. But on Friday I went through each one, page by page and started recalling my excitement when I first began back in April 2005. I looked at the ways to move more (most of which I am doing) and how to fill up a day full of healthy foods without feeling hungry (most of which I had forgotten or become too lazy to do!). I also stumbled across a recipe for Mushroom Cream Pasta. It sounded delicious so I wrote up a shopping list and on the way home bought the ingredients to make it. It was so easy. Whilst the boys were eating their dinner I made mine, made a salad, poured a glass of wine and sat at the dining table and had a great meal. I perhaps mis-measured the chilli and will take better care next time but it was great. This kick started a whole weekend of planning. I got my walks in on Saturday and Sunday, I did housework, I played with the boys, I went out on Saturday night (and had a FANTASTIC time. Am so glad I was given a cab charge as the fare home was $65.00 !!) and I made a shopping list for Monday morning for my weeks worth of food at work.

That didn't stop me putting on 400gms over the last 2 weeks though so I am tackling this week beginning at 77kgs. I am neither happy nor sad at this weight, just disappointed that I let a bit of lazyiness set me back a few weeks. AND I have noticed that when I put weight back on it all sits on my stomach. Everything else still looks OK but I feel bloated, I feel sluggish, and I am not as 'flat' (not that I will ever be flat LOL) as I was a couple of weeks ago. So armed with my weeks exercise plan, my determination to get excited again, and complete faith that I will get there, I am ready to move forward.

And to help me with that I have joined Paulene's new 12 week **Spring Slimming Challenge**- and whilst I initially thought I would not put my name in due to my 2 dismal performances previously, I have done so now, and I am setting myself my own personal 12 week goal of losing 5 kgs. It won't be easy, and I am not going to jump of the Harbour Bridge if I don't make it (not unless they strap me onto a Bungy Cord anyway LOL) but it is something I am seriously going to work towards. There is heaps going on in my life at the moment, but there always will be and I can't sit around and let every one of these things become the excuse of mucking around my good habits.

Hmmm that's a thought. What are my good habits? I shall ponder this and make it the subject of another rivetting post ;D

Hey M - your posts are so inspiring - you must be the most committed person I 'know' !! I love that you hae set plans for yourself and are committed to seeing them thru. Tv Exercise sounds fab and I might have to steal that idea. Also the pasta recipe looks yummo - thank for sharing. Have a great week. Luv Kel

Ooohh, I've kept all my WW books for the yummo recipes! Some things I just can't part with. I am so happy to read that you've got your fire back and are doing the 12 week challenge, it's just what you need to get back into it seriously. I'll come along for the ride too coz I need a royal kick up the arse myself!

Oooh you listed my blog! I'm so excited!
I know what you mean about being scared to go on Paulene's challnge - but I've signed up again too, and have put 5kg as my goal as well :)(scared whimper) We CAN do it. We WILL do it. Christmas will be virgin fat territory :)
Looking forward to your 'good habits' post.
Take care

I think you need to put your resiliance on the top of the good habit list. In the time I've been reading your blog, I never cease to marvel at the way you pick yourself up and get on with it, no matter what's happening in your life.

Isn't it great to have a weekend of planning and achieving? You feel so much better.

a challenge would be quite useful about now, have fun and work it hard :D

You are right M, it is good to look back at the things that really helped and motivated us in the beginning. It is all too easy to let things slip.
You are always so inspiring! Thankyou.

Glad I got you thinking :-) If I didn't have such negative thoughts tied up with counting points (seriously I must sound so strange), then I'd find all the WW stuff really helpful and probably would have kept the stuff.

Hope you find what you need in the 12 week challenge! You're doing fantastically with all this stuff.

Hi M, you have definately given me food for though reading this post and reminded me the very first time I read my WW books of 1, 2, 3 success :( oops, thanks :)

Your post does remind us all to look back on what we did in the 'early days' when everything we used eg. cookbooks, exercise dvds/videos, etc were good motivation to just keep going. Thanks for the pasta recipe, sounds delish! I'm a HUGE mushy fan. And here's something if you didn't know already, chilli increases your metabolism so next time you add a little too much, you can at least be a little happier while your mouth is burning!

I just wanted to say M that your posts continue to both motivate and inspire me. One of our favourite dinners is pasta with a creamy mushroom sauce and next time I make it I am going to adapt the recipe to make it healthier! I hope the rest of your week went well and that you've had a good weekend.

PS: I love the idea of a tv workout!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??