« Home | The Difference a Day makes » | Exercise Plan (Mon 07/08 - Sun 13/08) » | Exercise Plan (Mon 31/07 - Sun 06/08) » | Weigh Day - 31st July » | Recipe - Mushroom Cream Pasta » | A whole lot of .... Stuff » | Missing In Action » | Weigh Day - 17th July » | Job Vacancy » | Weigh Day - 10th July »

The Party

I was never more happy when Saturday dawned clear and warm. It meant that I had half a chance of fitting in 16 kids and 18 adults without having to play muscial chairs. With not enough chairs LOL. The day was BRILLIANT. Even when people starting arriving 15 minutes early (note to everyone - don't ever come 15 minutes early - those last 15 minutes are crucial!!)

Linda was smart and jumped ship to meet up with Mary before the fraccas but I have to admit, it was a pretty fun party to hang around.

The kids ran and ran and ran some more in the soccer field we set up in the back garden and the plethora of soccer balls meant there were no fights. Everyone played games, the piniata was a hit (even though I made it so well that nothing fell out and I ended up having to rip it in half LOL).

The "Go For Goal" game I created drew lots of laughter and I got heaps for taking a photo of Darcy dressed in nothing but his undies and Wellington boots. I say if he wants to dress like Astro Boy, let him :) I try to make sure he is at least dressed when we leave the house LOL.

After gorging on as much fairy bread, fruit, party pies and ice cream cake as they possibly could, the party broke up and the clean up started. It didn't take long and Linda timed her entrance perfectly (thanks for helping with the dishes). Marks parents were here for the party too and they had the best time. It was great seeing them interact with the boys as they don't see that much of them.

When the boys went for a lie down at half past four it gave me a chance to get ready for the bloggers dinner. I didn't know it then but found out later that the boys didn't wake up for the rest of the night. I hope Mark knows how lucky he is that the ONLY babysitting duty he has had to do involved doing nothing *mutter mutter mutter*

I am glad my little man had a wonderful day, and very happy that everyone who came seemed to have a great time too. Lots of laughing and playing and being silly. Just like life should be ;D

I hope there were three Toms at the party and not just one cheeky tyke who had multiple shots!

Darcy as Astro Boy = brilliant! I loved him when I was a kid and cried whenever he had his batteries taken out. Come to think of it, that's a very full-on thing to do in a kid's TV show.

Glad both the party and dinner went well.

Aww. I love kids parties!!

Oh, what gorgeous photos of the boys!

It's great that they were no trouble for Mark though. Means you can go out more often?!

Astroboy rocks, and so does fairy bread (although nowadays I'd be wanting to add sweet chilli sauce to it).

Glad you had a fun day!

Sounds like a great party!! Can't see the photo's at work - will have a peek when I get home:)

I had to laugh at the piniata not breaking!

Those photos are so cute and the one of Oscar in his underwear looks like a good one for his 21st birthday photo-board!

What a great day for a birthday party! I'm glad it was such a success and I love the photos :-)

I hope Linda didn't feel like she missed out after all by hanging out with us instead. It was great day to be out and about anyway.

LOL at the pinaita. I bet you made it so well because it's been in the planning and making for weeks now.

That sounds awesome. Glad it turned out so well!!

That photo is too cute! I'm glad the party was such a success, that you enjoyed yourself at the dinner, and a huge well done for doing the C2S!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??