« Home | Happy Birthday Mum » | Monday on my mind » | Clippings » | A leap of faith » | I am Globally Challenged » | M is for » | Reg Grundies » | Walking the Walk » | Myth Busters » | Weigh In - 2006/10 »

Expo Expose

I had a great time catching up with Mary and Cath on Saturday and as soon as I saw them the thought popped into my head "why don't I do this more often?" quickly followed by "d'oh because you have kids you silly girl"

I enjoyed the Fitness Expo but was very happy that we did not have to pay to get in. It was not worth paying $17.00 for. That being said I took away one really great piece of information from it. And that was worth the entire visit. And that was that I already have everything I need to success in my weightloss/fitness goals. I have workout DVD's. I have a mini-tramp. I have access to a gym. I have the ability to walk out my front door and find hills, paths, and palks to walk on/in/around. I don't need the latest gadget. I don't need to follow the latest fad. Yes ensuring that I don't get bored is a key to continuing and keeping up my motivation but really I question whether I am bored or lazy sometimes ;D

So armed with bags and bags of information and samples, Mary and I said our farewells to Cath and then sat on the boardwalk around Cockle Bay wharf eating our very sensible, healthy & delicious lunch (yes it is possible for those words to not be mutually exclusive). The sun was beautiful and it was so calm and lazy feeling. Fantastic. Then after Mary hopped on the train home I met up with Mark and the boys by the Opera House and wandered off into the parklands with a couple of balls and flying gizmo's to play with. It was beautiful. There was a great tree that both boys played in and tried to climb. Darcy and I lay on the grass and looked through the canopy of the tree pretending there were Baboons jumping from branch to branch. Darcy insisted they were trying to do poos on us so we kept having to roll out of the way LOL. Oscar kicked the soccer ball around with Mark and I think he was trying to 'pick up' as he kept kicking into a family group where there was a very cute little girl about the same age. *sigh* It begins already LOL.

So all in all, a great weekend.

Oh, and I bought new shoes. I think they are the ugliest pair of shoes ever to be created for a womans foot but after I tried on about 5 pairs I had to admit these were the most comfortable. I only tried on shoes that were specifically for my gait and foot shape and also were for fast walking or running!! so I knew all shoes would be appropriate, but I ended up getting a pair of Adidas Adistar Control Running Shoes. This picture is off the web but my colour is completely different. Imagine grey and lime/green. Should stop me looking at my feet when I run though.



Am very happy it is Monday and looking forward to hitting the gym :D

I'm glad that your Mum is doing well - it's great you guys are getting to spend time with her, and most of all that she is not letting this 'ruin' her life. She is still out there living it, and that's fantastic.

The shoes look very comfy indeed - and they really are priceless if they help you feel comfy when you are exercising too. :-)

Good to hear your mum is doing well :)

I think most running shoes look pretty yuck so never worry about getting the best looking ones. Just make sure you run so fast, your shoes are just streaks!

I think those shoes look great! I can't wait until pay day in two weeks when I am planning to buy some new trainers. I really don't have any that are very good and I'm worried about hurting my feet. I won't have any excuse not to do exercise then!

Love the new shoes - very similar to mine, except mine are made for deformed people with wide feet and high arches!
Thanks for the update about your Mum. Lovely to hear she is boxing on (and so well), when the original prognosis was so poor.

LOL at Oscar trying to 'score'!!! Sounds like you had a lovely day out :-)

I had been wondering about how your mum was going, but didn't want to intrude by asking... glad to hear that she is doing so well. Hope she has a lovely birthday today, and I'm sure she treasured your sing-along this morning.

sounds like you had a great weekend. yep your right we dont need all the gizmos and gadgets out there. Just access to things and our imagination to keep it interesting.
Watch out for those baboons they may jump out of the tree and poo on you, hehehe thats so cute
Fiona

The shoes look great. Very comfortable I reckon.
Glad to hear some positive news of your Mum and Happy Happy Birthday to her.

When I bought my runners earlier this year, it was the first time ever than I didn't buy shoes based on 'looks'. And yep, mine aren't pretty at all but they are so comfy to work out in :) Had to laugh at Oscar's efforts, too funny! I'm glad that your mother is during well :) Have a great week M x

great new about your gorgeous mother, happy bday to her :)

the the shoes are fine, what are u talking about!
glad to hear u had a great time with the girls at the expo. Of course u have the tools yourself :) and with your fancy new shoes, you are even better equipped ;)

Hey my mom has those same shoes and the same color as you. She loves them!!

Your day sounds lovely!! I love the image of pretending baboons are pooping on you! ;) I'm glad you had fun at the expo, and I think it's great that what you got out of it, is something you already have and is priceless! :)

Have a great week M!

Your day out sounded great. Well done on the runners and good news about your mum. Have an excellent week. xx

I go for comfy shoes over looks nowadays...am I getting older or just wiser??

Glad to hear your mum is doing well - hope she had a great birthday:)

Glad you guys had a good time at the expo. Sorry I couldn't make it but I was with you in spirit!!

I'd also like to thank you for the phone call on Saturday morning re: Rocky. It was very thoughtful. A true indication of how precious our new found friendships are that have developed here in the blogger world. Thanks again. XX

Happy Birthday to your Mum {{{HUGS}}}.

Yeah, you and your kids :-P It was great to catch up and look at things we were all interested in. I agree, we've already got everything we need but it's nice to have a look anyway. $17 definitely didn't seem worth paying and in fact, for any Expo. They're plugging their products to us! Great to hear you had a really nice time with your family afterwards too. LOL at the shoe comment. Now when did ANY sport shoe look good. Give me boots any day :-)

Have a great weekend gorgeous and I guess I'll be seeing you for some Nordic Walking in the not too distant future. When's a good time for you?

those shoes do indeed look comfy! sounds like you had a great time at the expo, always makes outtings fun :)
happy birthday to your mum!
happy day you xo

It sounds like you all had a terrific weekend and very true in saying that all we need is what is around us to achieve our weight loss goals.

Glad to hear your mum is doing well and hope she had a great Birthday!

HA... so we aren't the only family that insists on embrassing each other on their birthday...
My new sneakers are also REALLY ugly.. but they have grown on me!

Isn't it great playing kicking the ball around with your kids...

I wish there were more people around my area that I could visit.

Love CM

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??