« Home | I am Globally Challenged » | M is for » | Reg Grundies » | Walking the Walk » | Myth Busters » | Weigh In - 2006/10 » | What goes down, must come up » | Still going » | Little Scalliwag » | Weigh in - 2006/09 »

A leap of faith

One of the things that I am most grateful for at the moment is friends. In a society where not everyone lives with or near their extended families it is heartening to know that friends can step in and fill that void.

This Easter weekend was one of the most busy and most enjoyable I have had in a long time. After thinking we would be spending the whole weekend at home Mark received an invitation from a work colleague for our family to join his at their holiday house in Copacabana on the NSW North Coast on Friday and Saturday. Only his parents would be joining them so would only be a small group. As they had 3 children of their own and Mark got along with his colleague well he accepted. Then told me. To be honest I was extremely nervous about going. I had not met any of these people, yet would be spending two days and one night with them and was most certainly expected to go to the beach with them. I was not sure I would be able to handle that so I purposefully did not pack my bathers. What an idiot!!! They were a lovely family with whom I clicked with straight away. They were our age, grew up and married in Adelaide and moved to Sydney about 10 years ago. Had three great kids who were cheeky but polite and really great with my boys. The wife has lost about the same amount of weight that I have, and has the same amount to go. And when we went to the beach (she in her bikini & sarong, and me in my tracksuit!!) I could see that her body was so similar to mine - and it didn't look that bad. It didn't look that bad. I was such a doofus. I ended up getting in the water with my clothes on and we all laughed about it but I have learned a valuable lesson and I think I am better for it :) After a fun and relaxed couple of days filled with backyard sports, shopping, beaching and walking we said our farewells with the promise to meet up again.

Monday was great fun as a girlfriend and I went to the show. It was fantastic. I sampled every ware in the Food Dome. I sampled every wine available on offer in the 6 or so wine stalls. I got very giggly - as you do, then proceeded to walk very slowly around all the fruit displays, the art and craft, the flowers. Then headed off to the showbag pavilion to battle it out with about a million other people. It was such a scream and without having to worry about children it was wonderful fun. The boys were happy with their showbag and I was happy with mine :D

Now it is a short working week and time to reign in the Easter excesses and recover some ground.. Looking forward to a good week :)

Am so glad to hear that you had a great long weekend. Yes, it is a pity that sometimes we think we look worse than what we actually do - and we miss out because of our silly notions. But, the good thing is that you got involved anyway - well done.
Take care and have a great week !
Me

Sounds like a lovely weekend - yay! Heres to a great week ahead too :-)

Sounds like you had a fun easter :)

der for not taking your bathers, sounded like a lovely weekend
fiona

Sounds like a lovely fun weekend.

Bet you are kicking yourself about leaving your bathers behind. Great now that you have the confidence not to let that happen again.

Have a great week:)

Sounds like a wonderful Easter. You could have started a wet track suit/T shirt comp. I am sure you would have won!!

Lol, can just imagine you getting in the water fully dressed - and double lol at cossies and bathers!!!

Togs, they're called togs!!!!

LOL - i agree with Em - togs togs togs!
Sounds like u had a wonderful time, its great when you meet somebody who u can just click with.
You are a lovely person & deserve nice new friends :)
sounds like the weekend was a blast & yes u shouda brought your TOGS silly!

What a wonderufl weekend you had! shame about the bathers but its all a lesson isnt it :) happy day to you luv

You are NOT a doofus, repeat NOT a doofus! You are a very silly sausage though! It's entirely normal to feel like that when you're meeting new people, we would all be the same. It's hard to get out of your comfort zone, but you've learnt a great lesson and that is next time pack the bathers but wait to see what the others are wearing before you put it on!! hahaha
Have a great week honey.
Bri

It sounds like you had a really great Easter Weekend and YAY for 3 short weeks of work!

LOL!!! you funni bugger. u will know next time to pack ur bathers! Glad you had an enjoyable weekend!!

Sounds like a great weekend! I know what you mean about meeting new people though, I would be hesitant too. But it all sounds like you had a blast!
Hmm, wine stalls at the show hey? Sounds tempting, along with the Bertie Beetle bag.

Have a great week!

Sounds like a great weekend. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Dont worry, Ive done that as well. It is a strange feeling to be the only one on the beach fully clothed isnt it? At least we can learn from our mistakes. Have a good short week
:o)

Sounds like you had a great weekend - shame about the fully-clothed beach antics, but it's live and learn as the saying goes LOL! Were your boys a little jealous you went to the show without them?! I guess the showbags must have made up for that! Have a great week M - all the best with recovering some of that ground from the Easter excesses. I can totally sympathise, I'm in the same boat :S Ails x

LOL you dag, love it! I can just imagine you debating whether or not to take your bathers. Girl, you are looking great the last time I saw you which just goes to show that we've got head stuff to work out too :-)

I'm so glad to hear you had a lovely time on your holiday. I think it's natural to worry about spending that much time with people you have never met. You are so easy going and so good natured, there isn't anyone that couldn't get along with you.

Now you can shop for YOUR bikini. :)

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! I haven't been to the show in years! Oh and the thought of just going myself with no kids would be divine...LOL

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??