« Home | My poor head » | Weigh in - Week 2 » | Alrighty Then » | Weigh in - Week 1 » | Shake Shudder HUG » | My Dad » | Firsts » | Confessions (Weigh Day - 1) » | Hello God…It's M » | 38 Today :D »

What Next?

Way back in April 2005, when I started my journey, it was all about weight loss, better health, and having no expectations of when that would happen. This worked really well for me. I lost a reasonable amount of weight. I learned to do things in a healthier way. And I was able to meet and make some really great new friends. So when 2006 started I decided I would set myself some specific goals. How much weight I was going to lose. When I was going to lose it. What size I would be etc etc. As the year progressed I passed milestones that made me realise I wasn’t going to hit those targets. And try as hard as I could – I couldn’t help but let it mess up my head a little. I feel ashamed. I feel like a failure. I feel like a fraud in many many ways.

2006 just didn’t work out the way I had planned.

Even though it is not an excuse I have had many personal challenges this year. Family challenges, health challenges, time challenges, and financial challenges. All of which I will carry with me in the new year to some degree. Some are improving already and should be easier to deal with, and some are in the process of becoming a lot worse. I have made a deal with myself that whatever happens I can face it and I will face it head on. I will make sure my family is with me, we have a roof over our heads, and we are all safe. Anything over and above that will be a bonus. And I am sure it will be well over and above that but I am making sure my priorities are straight.

*****

I am really looking forward to Christmas this year. Christmas to me is not about the religion but more about the spirituality that is around at that time. People seem to be more giving, more open, and more forgiving. And it is forgiveness that I am giving myself this year.

I forgive myself for not being perfect. No-one is and as long as I am being the best I can be, for more days than I am not, then I am doing a good job.

I forgive myself for not being a perfect friend. I know and understand that I am not the only person in the world who has issues and is busy. I know and understand that those who are counted as my friends, and count me amongst theirs, know and understand this too, and our friendships will survive and grow in the new year.

I forgive myself for not reaching my weight goals. I have managed to maintain a reasonable amount of my loss of 2005. This is a good thing. And shows me that with a bit of adjustment in the mental stakes, and a large dose of planning, I will be able to shake myself off and begin the new year with a new purpose and go back to the origins of the journey. That is – improve myself in many ways, have a goal to work towards that is healthy, and work towards those goals. When they arrive – they will arrive. Do not put pressure on myself.

*****

Now back to the original question. What Next?

Well for me what comes next is a new year, a new start, a new gentle focus, and a new chance to learn a little bit about me and what I need to go forward in a healthy safe way.

I am going to find a yoga class that I can go to regularly and learn a little bit more about it. I have definitely been bitten by the bug (thanks to Shiny Ruby and Mary) and want to do something that is good for my body and give my mind a workout too.

I am going to get back to walking at work. After the Global Corporate Challenge finished it was like I put the brakes on and have not walked seriously since. That was October 25th and I can feel the effects on my fitness. And I need to do my exercise at lunch again as my time planning will shift next year with Darcy starting school. It will take some adjustments and I am sure I will have to modify things as I go along, but I am positive that I can make it work.

*****

So now I come to the end of my diatribe. I want to wish everyone a very joyous Christmas and a safe and happy and successful start to the New Year. I am looking forward to the Sydney Bloggers Christmas Picnic on Saturday (which follows the Kindy Christmas concert on Friday and proceeds Darcy’s 5th Birthday Party on Sunday, and his Kindy graduation on Monday) and will be heading to the park to have a load of fun and to try and remember how to keep a hula hoop up on my hips! LOL. If it is possible that any Blogger from Sydney does not already know about, or has forgotten about the Picnic, please head over to Mary’s Blog where the details are. If you are interested (and please come – the more the merrier) please email Mary for the details.

I will be heading off to Adelaide next weekend so will continue to remain off air until the new year when I will come back, re-introduce myself and my goals, and hopefully make 2007 a more successful year all round.

Merry Christmas from my family to yours.
M xx

Here here! That was all nothing we didn't know already, glad you agree :oP. You do a brilliant job of juggling all the balls you have in the air and this is no small feat. Scrap that, it's a begucking HUGE deal, families in such situations can easily fall to pieces without someone who is able to do what you have done. As you said, prioraties.

Love the Xmas shot. Have you called Brightstars for Oscar? He's already well and truly got the male model nonchalant, too-cool-for-school look down!

merry christmas mate. that is a fab photo by the way :)

take care and don't forget you RAWK!

Isn't is so easy to be our ourselves?

Love the photo - what gorgeous looking boys you have!!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

That is a gorgeous photo.
Happy Christmas to you too sweetie. I wish you and your family all the best for the next year ahead.
Bri

How gorgeous is your family photo. I to am looking foward to the next year. I will be updating my blog again soon (so much for the fresh start). I have some big news to share so keep on checking.

Have a fantastic christmas M, you completely deserve it.

Luv
Jods xxx

Hey there. Glad to see that you're still around, even if you're not here that often. Life is just a bit nuts for everyone right now, isn't it? I hope that 2007 is a little bit easier for you. Out with the old, in with the new, right?

Hope you have a fabulous Christmas with your gorgeous little family. We'll be here for you next year when you're ready for us again.

I'd love to claim I'm perfect, but you girls all know better!
A very Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family.

you know, i'm so proud of you for maintaining, ou could've put all theweight you lost back on but instead you did a wonderful job of maintaining even though there were tough times! You are beautiful, inspirational and such a wonderful person. Even though I've never met you, i feel I can say that and mean it just from reading your blog.
Have a wonderful Xmas darl :)

Hello lovely lady! Have a wonderful holiday season, may 2007 be better for everyone :) take care M xo

What a moving entry!
You have achieved great things in the last year - whatever your pre-determined goals may have been.
So stand proud and know you did the very best you could!
*hugs*

Absolutely gorgeous Santa pic too!
:)

I look forward to following your journey into the new year.

ps in case you missed it my new web address is www.slimming4health.com (some people lost me in the move and assumed the worst!)

Merry Christmas to you and yours and may you all have everything you dream of in 2007!!!

Cheers P

What a great family photo. You have achieved a lot this yea & it is onwards & upwards (except for the kilos) from here. Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas!! Hope you have a wonderful day :-)

Hi M, was just wanting to wish you and your family a very Merry and Safe Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas Margaret to you and your family - beautiful photo, by the way!

I hope you are having a special day :)

Merry Christmas to you and the family gorgeous. I hope your Christmas is a magical one

YAY for allowing yourself to stuff up and then planning to do something about it. You're never one to just lay down on your back and take it all.

It's been another big year for you on so many levels both good and bad but the main thing is that you got through it all and hey,you even learnt to shoot some arrows :-)

I'm glad you'll be getting back into walking because it is the easiest and cheapest thing to do and yoga, hey...there's a place in North Sydney called Life Source. Would that be any good to you? The chick who runs that wrote "The Yoga Bible" - www.life-source.com.au

Alrighty, we'll catch each other soon. I'll organise a dinner in the next week (or two) so we can set some challenges for the New Year. Like trapeze, roller blading, bush walks....can't wait!!

x

Hope your Xmas was fab!!!
:)

Cheers P

Just Stopped by to wish you and your family a year full of joy and success, health and prosperity! Happy New Year! xox

Happy New Year M....thanks for your support throughout the year and hopefully I will be able to give you some support back to help you achieve what you wish for in 2007. lb

Happy new year, M! May this year be full of all sorts of great things for you and your family. Look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

x Sarah

happy new year and gorgeous photo by the way.

hugs

hey there, I wanted to pop in and wish you happy new year and all the best for 2007

Heya M

Long time no speak!! Happy New Year and Merry xmas by the way!! You should be proud of what you have achieved over the last year, and learn from what mistakes you made and im sure you will!! I love the family photo of you all with santa it is just so beautiful and u look so happy!!! I hope 07 brings you so many opportunties and happiness

Are you back?? Hope all is well. Belated Merry christmas and Happy New Year. Last year was certainly challenging for you and you achieved a lot. This year has many more events to help you to grow I am sure. And I mean in ways other than physically of course.

Missing You XXX

just wanted to say a belated happy new year to you! xx

Congrats you on getting some success with weight loss

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??