« Home | Weigh in - Week 2 » | Alrighty Then » | Weigh in - Week 1 » | Shake Shudder HUG » | My Dad » | Firsts » | Confessions (Weigh Day - 1) » | Hello God…It's M » | 38 Today :D » | K U T A »

My poor head

It would have been easy for me to skip the scales today. I am at home with a killer headache after having a surprise migraine last night. I haven't had a migraine in at least 10 years and this one smacked me hard. It came from no-where and within a minute every step I took had me feeling like I was going to vomit. My head felt like it was going to explode. And even thinking made everything hurt. So I went to bed and hoped like crazy I would fall asleep so the pain would go away. With a bit of medicinal help - I did just that.

It topped off a pretty crazy weekend. The boys had the last of the catch-up immunisations on Friday and to say it didn't go well would be an understatement. Oscar completely lost the plot and I had to hold on to him so hard that I think I hurt him with my grip. He had 3 injections and even though the Dr is very good, and I had bought a local numbing agent for the boys arms, I think it still hurt going in as Oscar was moving the whole time. He screamed the place down and when I came out to the waiting room to give Oscar to Mark (who had come straight from the airport to the Dr's) I said to all the waiting patients giving me sympathetic looks "see, I wasn't murdering him".

Then the fun started with Darcy. I had to chase him around the waiting room and when he hid under a big chair where I couldn't reach him, I had to lift the chair off him, whilst keeping my foot on his leg so he couldn't run away. Then the only grip I got on his was his ankles so that is how I carried him into the Dr's room. He was doing that laughing crying thing and it was just about tearing my heart out but I kept making a game of it. Then when the needle was going in I kept telling him I would tell him when the Dr was going to do it, but then said "oops I forgot - the Dr has finished". Darcy looked up at me and said "well - that didn't hurt at all" HELLO what do you think I was telling you!!! LOL

Darcy had no reaction at all to the injections but Oscar has been off all weekend. He screamed and cried in his sleep, he wouldn't play, I had to be in the bed with him so he could touch my face (this is after he decided he did love me after all which happened sometime around midnight on Friday) *sigh* It was a busy weekend.

But it is Monday now. I have the day at home. And I decided it wasn't enough to stop weighing so I went to a local chemist (equivalent to the one I go to in the city) and I weighed in there. 900gms off thank you very much and I got some migraine medication whilst I was there. I tried to buy some chocolate but the girl behind the counter said I couldn't have any as some chocolate actually makes headaches worse!! Not sure if I believe her but as I sit here sucking on my sugar free lollies I bought I am actually sending her some silent thanks :)

No wonder you got such a bad headache. Hoep Oscar is better for you now and the days rest gets you 100% again. Congrats on the weight loss. Have to laugh about the chocolate because in my case I get headaches when I stop eating chocolate!

Oh no M, no wonder you feel it today. I hope you feel better soon and WELL DONE again on the loss so far, awesome! x

I can sooo understand why you have a headache my friend.. it is hard to do the right thing knowing that the kids don't want to be hurt with needles aye... you did the right thing though.

Big hugs my friend

Love ya
Chubbymum

Well done on the loss - that is fantastic.

You've got to love immunisations hey? No wonder you had a sore head.

Poor you. Immunisations suck. I still haven't taken Toby for his first one yet - I am waiting for when Tom has an SDO because I turn into a big sook and I need him to be there!

Sounds like you had a big weekend. I hope you've recovered from that horrible headache. I used to get migranes so I know how it feels. Just let Mark deal with it all tonight and have a night off, ok?

Congratulations on the loss too. And yay for little 'angels' like the chick at the chemist.

Big hugs to you and your head.

Great loss M, and how's the dedication?!

Which drug did you get? Mercindol (sp?) is the best I've found. I once had a doctor tell me that it was too strong for migraines and that all I needed was a couple of Panadol. Hrmpf, bet he'd never had one.

Hope the hangover from it clears quickly.

Do hope your headache is better. All that stress probably triggered the migraine, you poor little girl!! Immunisation is a necessary evil for the boys though isn't it?!


Well done for still weighing in and on another great loss!

OUCH ! Hope you are feeling better now M. Congrats on the fabulous loss - You rock !! Kel x

oh dear, sounds like lots of drama at the doctors! no wonder you had a migrane! well done on the loss & also on the no DC! you rock!

Ha! – a scene like that seems almost comical M, I'm sure the boys will forgive you when they Don't get tetanus or polio! Actually, I'm expecting a similar scene when my boy (a much more grown up one) goes to get his travel shots.

Congratulations on your weight so far too, it seems as though your focus is really paying off in a good way. For the novelty value, try counting the losses as percentages of your body weight (ie, for you 800g is 1%...)

Glad to see you're blogging again too - I'll be checking in on you to see how your trips to the chemist are going. Are you going to different shops or just the one?

Catch you soon (Sunday!!)

Like the new look. I hate migraines. I use to get them all the time which I found out was because of caffeine, so I had to stop drinking and eating things with caffeine. Chocolate is one of those things (although I will eat it in small amounts some times), and that is why she said that to you. I'm glad you feel better now. I know that pain and wanting to sleep it off so well, so I felt your pain when you described it.

Bugger about the head ache i hate head aches, hope your better now. Just thought i would visit to let you know i am back. please come and visit my blog
fiona

Ooh, I was going to suggest that the migraine may be diet-coke-withdrawal related, but I see someone else already made that connection.

Hope you're well - we haven't talked for a wee while!

I do hope you're feeling better darl :) What a weekend that was for you, no wonder you were feeling a bit fragile at the end of it!

Hope everything's going well

xoxoxo

Hope you are feeling better now Hon :) And what a little trooper Darcy was with the needle after all the chasing! Though, being totally needle-phobic, I think I'd be just like Oscar, scared beyond belief! It's the reason I don't get flu shots every year - I'd rather put up with a few days of feeling like death than a few seconds of pain :S (Pathetic I know...)

A xxxx

Cheese anc chocolate are so bad for headaches! So so bad. So yes feel grateful that you were told. I hope you are feeling MUCH better now.

Hope you are feeling better (I know it was a while ago). The boys wont hold it against you... well not for long anyway. Life is pretty hectic for everyone at the moment but try to find "me" time to recharge your batteries. Catch up with you soon
Julie

hope all is ok with u darl!

Just checking in to see how you are:)

Missing you hun. I check everyday to see if you have posted.

I hope all is ok.

Love CM

Hey goegeous - I have been checking in everyday. I hope all is well with you, sending huge hugs!

I hope your better now. I found chocolate would aggravate my migraines...sorry to tell you it's kinda true..actually that is probably a good thing - the sugar free lollies are better

Hiya,
I'm sure you must have lots going on at the moment, but just to let you know I'm thinking of you and missing your posts. Will be here reading whenever you feel like posting again.
Hope you are ok!
Kate
x

Just wondering where you have got to... I hope you are OK.
vx

Like the others, I'm just checking in to see how you are. I hope that everything's ok in your world. I'm looking forward to reading about you again when you feel up to posting next. Big hugs to you.

I do hope you are alright and all is well in your neck of the woods. Take care. I'm thinking of you.

xo Sarah

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??